Editing mods (for personal use)

Users who are viewing this thread

I wish to edit a mod FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY.

But is that bad idea, in the way that you can only edit the mod's existing text files, which I heard is a bad idea if the mod is created by a module system (and a mod this complex probably is); I'm guessing because saving it like a text file like that will mess with all the special things done in the module system. Is this true?

Doomjoon said:
I wish to edit a mod FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY.

But is that bad idea, in the way that you can only edit the mod's existing text files, which I heard is a bad idea if the mod is created by a module system (and a mod this complex probably is); I'm guessing because saving it like a text file like that will mess with all the special things done in the module system. Is this true?

Oh here we go again, another guy wants to illegaly modify a mod. It is illegal to modify a mod in any way without the owner's permission, i suggest you ask the owner for that.

FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LEGAL ISSUES CAUSED BY OTHER PEOPLE:

You can reverse-engineer any mod you desire to get the module system files and it is very very easy, however, you need a good and working decompiler,
you will find many on the internet, just search for "warband module decompiler" and you will find something, i know a few decompilers that only decompile a few files
before crashing, there is not much that actually work but good luck finding one that does. If you decompile a mod, you are basically tearing it apart. If you do not have
the permission to do this from the mod's author then you are breaking the law. This is my warning and your choice.

You can however, make your own version of a mod, ive made mini mods before doing this, but make a mod using Morphs Wb/wfas editor. Simple and easy to use.

I doubt that there is any legal consequences for people altering mods for their own personal use and im sure mod makers much prefer them doing so without asking for permission rather than receiving thousands  of requests for minor changes.

Taleworlds prohibits the distribution of content without permission though. Which is not what this is about.

I know that this topic tends to get peeps rather riled up,  so i d like to advise you in advance to keep things civil.

I was going to make a long reply about distribution, personal use, and laws, but Duh said it. This is for personal enjoyment only, the mod will in no way be distributed to any existing being,  dead or alive, inside the 3-dimensional world we live in.

Doomjoon said:
I was going to make a long reply about distribution, personal use, and laws, but Duh said it. This is for personal enjoyment only, the mod will in no way be distributed to any existing being,  dead or alive, inside the 3-dimensional world we live in.

Do it then, just tear the mod apart with the decompiler and edit it all there. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom