[EU WWC 1] Season III - Main topic - IR Champions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for providing us with an excellent match today IG and IR.

Congratulations on Gold IR :wink:
CarpeDiem was picked as MVP.

Well played everyone,top quality match!

Edit:OP and 2nd post have been updated.
Medals coming today.

We've had it on rotation on battlegrounds for a while, but while it didn't hold up in a public setting, Amere is decent in competitive.

Ruins Rebuilt suffers in my opinion from some design flaws. Especially the numerous places that are inaccessible to cavalry but can easily be exploited by any other class. If you watch the stream again, you will see more than once, that you can lure a cav into charging at you only to be stopped by an invisible wall, while the infantry/archer is slashing them without risk.

The balance between spawn locations are also a bit off. The upper spawn has the high ground and the most favorable archer positions, all of which are difficult to push. The lower spawn has the terrible archways on the right with very limited view of the battlefield. The left side is slightly better, but you only have that one main street that you can shoot along, which makes it so very difficult to set up a decent crossfire.

In my opinion there are definitely improvements to be found on this map.

Thanks for input :wink:
Sadly RR that was played was not the latest version where some invisible walls are pushed back.

Although I agree it can be hard to push Top spawn we saw IR doing it more then once against you and it worked.
Two times from the stairway on right of bottom spawn and couple times from tavern area.

Will need more opinions before i start editing map.

In my opinion Amere Village is really unbalanced, so are the Ruins Rebuilt.

One spawn on Amere has an easy access to the hill and two houses. Once you control both houses on the hill and have archers set up there - it's a gg, when played wisely. The other spawn has worse archer positions and there isn't too much space to move - you have to hide all the time to don't get shot.

Same thing happens on new ruins, one spawn has a nice hill and a couple of good positions. The other spawn has only one position that can compete, the stairs with the ladder. The others are really bad. There are also too many details that make the whole map laggy - like the tavern in the middle, I think it's completely useless.

I somewhat disagree on Amere. The other spawn does not even need to push towards the centre house, they have the stairs on the left side of their spawn. Look at it -- only vulnerable to dismountable cav and even then you can protect it easily. It also has easy shots on 2 flags and isn't far from the last one either. I'd pick that side any day.

First of all thanks for feedback about maps and sorry for being late with this post.Last week was really like Hell to me so i could not find time to post it.
Medals were in EU Hall of Fame on time,but this post was missing.

WWC%201st%20draft.png

finalversionbap8hj6dvgra.png
  Fourth Place goes to 
finalversionbap8hj6dvgra.png

Vikings of Niflheim

s3euwwc1fourth_zpsaff06f85.png

Amazing team spirit guys,best of luck in future VoN!

Rare is the chance(sadly) to see team with such a positive attitude towards this game.With fairplay above anything else VoN waited 40 minutes for their opponents in Bronze medal match to show up.Many teams would have taken default win,but that is not something VoN leaders saw as fair.Sadly they were not rewarded with bronze medal this time for this valiant act.But if i may say so this is the brightest Fourth place medal we are glad to give.

image.png
  [size=20pt]Bronze Medal goes to 
image.png

Inquisition

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af59/Erminas/s3euwwc1bronze_zps553acad4.png/img]

[center][b][/b][/center]

[color=maroon][b]Congratulations![/b][/color]

[b]You are without any doubt one of the better teams in EU,which you showed in Semi final against future winner IR.For that you deserve praise,but I would really like you guys to respect your opponents bit better in future as well by showing on time for scheduled matches and such.[/b]

[img width=150]http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/531/igbannner.jpg  Silver Medal goes to 
igbannner.jpg

Guard of Istiniar

s3euwwc1silver_zps1371dfc5.png

Congratulations IG!

Overtime in Golden medal match was your third OT in our WWC competitions so you knew what a feeling is to play this kind of match.Final could have gone either way and I personally think this was one of the best matches EU WWC has seen.Top players on both sides and top performance by everyone who played.Congratulations on your silver medal and see you soon again!

33b0o6o.jpg
  Gold Medal goes to 
33b0o6o.jpg

Irish Rebels 

s3euwwc1gold_zpsa362cc64.png

Congratulations IR!

Two overtimes and two wins by same score.IR,you really proved you have nerves of steel.Forcing Overtime two days in a row is not easy task especially when facing such quality teams like Inq and IG.Still you prevailed on both occasions and this shows the strength of your current roster which with additions of ex SRC,PE and TK players looks really amazing.You have qualified for Champions WWC of Season III.Congratulations!!!!

[size=20pt]EU Season III WWC 1 MVP Award

There was no poll this time,so streamers picked MVP winner
And that is Irish Rebels member CarpeDiem.Long term SRC member seems to have found new home in IR now.And it looks to be a winning combination for both his new team and himself.Congratulations,well deserved!

So, congratulations to CarpeDiemThe MVP of WWC 1 !
s3euwwc1mvp_zps843757f7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom