SP Antiquity Egypt Divided

Users who are viewing this thread

Indeed!  Here are a few small screenshots of mod work that had made it into the game thus-far... featuring Khopesh and Armor.

5Bc2OJ.jpg

yuPzc5.jpg

YPHOIT.jpg

Looks great, looking forward to this alot! Egypt is my favorite ancient nation.

Excellent work!

What is the plan for music? Instruments that could be period accurate (that pop up in my head right now)
are reed flutes like the Ney: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXi11AX7Bww
and arghul: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDQGgtFHbss,
as well as harps and lyres.

10628257_10152674191181054_8533795262320447986_n.jpg

Panoply reconstruction from Koryvantes of one of the Sea People depicted on the Medinet Habu monument. This page on Koryvantes' website should also serve as some inspiration for the Sea People. http://www.koryvantes.org/en/slideren3 Of course, it is Mycenaean, however given the hypothesis of Mycenaeans to be related to the Sea Peoples, it could potentially fit. 

Thanks.  Egypt is a favorite of mine of the Ancient world too, and not yet portrayed in M&B.  We'll see how I do in this ambitious goal.

Music is a great thing, to help immerse the player... and while I plan to implement some unique to this mod ... its pretty far down my to-do list ( a pretty large to-do list).

matmohair1, I see you found the inspiration for my latest armor design...  There will be better screenshots coming, daylight ones even lol.

About the sea people... Not likely to be implemented in "this" rendition of the mod, as they appeared as allies of the Libyans in the mid 19th Dynasty, and this mod takes place during the close of the 18th dynasty.  I appreciate the input though... if this mod is to make it to public release... fan-support  is generally critical...

While the Sea Peoples were allies of the Libyans in the 19th dynasty, they were mentioned in the Amarna letters (or at least groups that are theorized to be related to them), which falls within the scope of the 18th dynasty and Horemheb's reign. My main suggestion was perhaps having them function in the same manner that the Sea Raiders in vanilla do.

That said, this is your mod and your opinions matter the most, and I am looking forward to it whether or not the sea people are included.

Indeed.  I may, ThegnAnsgar. I've updated (the first post) Mod's Development summary to reflect these non-faction groups.  This reinforces the direction I've decided to take in regard to outside influences... namely the Asiatic groups... . All playable "Factions" will be in the Egyptian area... those outside, but influencing Egypt and its conflict, will likely be represented by independent roving Armed parties.

Working on the chariot.  Mixed results, but I am optimistic... and open to contributions... If I can just figure out a script to offset the "mount" location, I should be in luck (basically, script-wise sit behind the horse).  If I can figure this out... the rest should be easy (if not perfect).

With the amount of pictures you post i imagine you having a hard drive just for pictures or an imgur account with endless pictures.

• Excellent.  Most likely will include the Aten cult too.

Just updated my faction list.  Playable factions to include:
    • Ay's Faction
    The old Vizier of Egypt, usurped the throne from the childless recently deceased Tut.  Very traditional and ceremonial Egyptian faction and force.
    • Horemheb's Faction (incl Paramessu- Ramess)
    Tut's designated successor, a great General. More modernized as his army has absorbed ideas from mercenaries and the enemies surrounding Egypt (his Lt is Ramess).
    • Hyskos (Remnant)
    Once a great and mighty Egyptian kingdom, this remnant, which has remained hidden for so long, since its loss of Lower Egypt, is ready to bring back to life its old weapons of war, and re-emerge.
    • Medjay (Sudan-Nubia)
    An old ally of Egypt, with a highly trained military tradition.  A sentinel of culture, both old and new, that they shall protect and preserve by force till Egypt is one again!
    • Kush Colony (Viceroy)
    Governed by a Viceroy, this colony has no shortages of resources to fuel an opportunistic rebellion, but little in the way of an expansionistic military, having grown accustomed to Egyptian protection.
    • Kingdom of Kerma (Nubia)
    An old rival, and Nubian centralized kingdom ready to take advantage of the chaos and reassert its independence, and maybe reunite more than just the other Nubian territories.

Excellent.

Been out of town... am back... ready to put in some more mod work (the kind that results in screenshots).

I just thought I would post a mini-micro, did I mention it is small - update.  Basically I am trying to manage my time on this mod with great economic frugality... that is to say, I have switched my focus temporarily away from models and textures to detailed faction, story, and etc mechanic planning, so that each model, texture, and script is well invested.

My current developments have been to work on (in short):

• Specific historically-based faction uniqueness and geographic accuracy
  • Faction troop trees, based on actual units of the day, with gameplay balancing
  • Historic characters, roles, and equipment
  • Fun, historically-based backstory for the player to engage in
  • Possible Mod-Rename (the way it sounds now, could be misleading)
  • Complete "Item" checklist to flesh out the fullness of the experience (including improvements on the Khopesh)

Revanstein said:
I just thought I would post a mini-micro, did I mention it is small - update.  Basically I am trying to manage my time on this mod with great economic frugality... that is to say, I have switched my focus temporarily away from models and textures to detailed faction, story, and etc mechanic planning, so that each model, texture, and script is well invested.

My current developments have been to work on (in short):

• Specific historically-based faction uniqueness and geographic accuracy
  • Faction troop trees, based on actual units of the day, with gameplay balancing
  • Historic characters, roles, and equipment
  • Fun, historically-based backstory for the player to engage in
  • Possible Mod-Rename (the way it sounds now, could be misleading)
  • Complete "Item" checklist to flesh out the fullness of the experience (including improvements on the Khopesh)

Good idea. I find that sometimes mods that have released with just changing the models and troops and other cosmetic things often forget important elements that make a mod truly a mod instead of "re-skinned Native". Having these done first I think is excellent.

Speaking about backstory for the player to engage in, would you be referring to quests and such? I hope that's the case, since it's often that mods lack a lot of interesting quests to give more character and interesting things to do for your character as opposed to "conquer the map".

My goal is to transform the "generic" quest system, into an authentic, atmospheric, back-story driven quest system which remakes the game in this divisive time in Egyptian history... starting with the New Player quest (which is a great chance to add character... but in native, is generic-extreme)...

I have a very specific back-story written for this game (of course how much a player decides to take note, or just focus on the action is up to them).

Back
Top Bottom