ljPMln.gif
01eGAH.gif
FJ9t7Z.gif
KZY2gO.gif
WmkSBB.gif
KZY2gO.gif

Summary - A post 18th Dynasty Ancient Egyptian experience,
based on the struggle for power within Egypt that followed the collapse
of the 18th Dynasty (Tutankhamun's dynasty)!
DeHaTG.gif
Planned FEATURES:

Multiple historic Egyptian factions
Historic Ancient Egyptian map
Bronze-Age weaponry and armor
Historic characters in accurate facsimile
CHARIOTS
Advanced faction management and diplomacy
Financial/ Trade improvements
New Mod-Themed Starter Quest
Egyptian Religion Questing and Game Mechanic Integration
Random Events
DeHaTG.gif
Planned FACTIONS:

Ay's Faction
Horemheb's Faction (incl Paramessu- Ramess)
Kingdom of Kerma (Nubia)
Medjay (Sudan-Nubia)
Kush Colony (Viceroy)
Hyskos (Remnant)
GmSAaX.gif
Non-Faction Groups:

Libu Tribes
Sea People
Hittite​

DeHaTG.gif

Development Plans:

My plans are to develop a historically-based ancient Egypt adventure.  History will be observed, but intentional Hollywood style liberties will be taken to enrich a fully cliche "Ancient Egyptian" experience.  A select few quests will be designed to help immerse the player and establish the theme. The time period will be the ending of the 18th Dynasty (Tut's Dynasty), where Egypt was in one of its most contended periods of power-struggles, banditry, and warring neighbors.  Development of this mod will be by myself (an original modder of the early Alpha .400 M&B days).  Contributions will be accepted.  Mod progress will continue until an "acceptable" level of completion is achieved or until I am unable to continue development, and the project will be opened for download and individual development by fans.​
P3t9GM.gif
Special Thanks to matmohair1 for his work on this new cover!

Hmm. not sure about this mod. You said you made an Original Mount and Blade mod, what was that mod called? and whyd it take you so long to get to making this?

Average said:
Hmm. not sure about this mod. You said you made an Original Mount and Blade mod, what was that mod called? and whyd it take you so long to get to making this?

I guess its a good thing I don't need "your" approval.  Still, in response to your questions --- It was an Assassin's Creed themed mod.  I've "worked" on a few mods since then, as a contributor, tester, etc.  I'm working on this one now, because I want to make one for myself, and it seems like many are looking for one like this, so why not share it with everyone... even collaborate.  If this is not sufficient for your approval of me personally and this mod I am working on... its a good thing I don't really have to care.

Revanstein said:
Average said:

I guess its a good thing I don't need "your" approval.  Still, in response to your questions --- It was an Assassin's Creed themed mod.  I've "worked" on a few mods since then, as a contributor, tester, etc.  I'm working on this one now, because I want to make one for myself, and it seems like many are looking for one like this, so why not share it with everyone... even collaborate.
Never asked for approval, i just said im not sure about this mod. Egypt isnt the most popular subject.

Actually, Egyptian factions are one of the most requested additions to Ancient Themed mods (rarely successfully implemented).

Revanstein said:
Actually, Egyptian factions are one of the most requested additions to Ancient Themed mods (rarely successfully implemented).
Yeah, no they aren't. I have never seen a mod on this entire website where someone refused to play because a egyptian faction wasn't in it. Matter of fact I haven't seen anyone even mention it, not even on mods like AD 1257. Besides you say they are rarely successfully implemented, considering there are highly skilled modders on this website that have huge complete mods already why wouldn't they be able to? Why would you be able to if they can't?

askmax said:
Revanstein said:
Yeah, no they aren't. I have never seen a mod on this entire website where someone refused to play because a egyptian faction was in it. Matter of fact I haven't seen anyone even mention it, not even on mods like AD 1257. Besides you say they are rarely successfully implemented, considering there are highly skilled modders on this website that have huge complete mods already why wouldn't they be able to? Why would you be able to if they can't?

......Presumably you meant to say:

''I have never seen a mod on this entire website where someone refused to play because a egyptian faction wasn't in it''

In any case, that does not in any way contradict what Revanstein said. Neither does the fact that mods 'like 1257' don't get requests for Egyptians to be included. It would be bizarre if someone expected ancient Egyptians to be included in a mod set in an otherwise realistic European world circa 1257 AD. He specifically referred to ancient themed mods. I too have noticed people talk about wanting to see ancient Egyptians, but of course mods of this era are practically non-existent and certainly a far less obvious time frame to set a mod in than medieval or early renaissance eras. I have seen ancient mods started but I can't remember any finished ones (I may have missed them, I haven't been downloading mods much for a few years now) though; the idea of them is popular but perhaps it is difficult to model some of the weaponry to a satisfactory standard, such as chariots.

This may be where the mod is likely to fail, and the one good point which askmax made in my view; what are the chances of this mod succeeding where so many have failed? Many have tried making chariots, but I don't think a satisfactory way of doing it has been found. Given that chariots were so important to this era, particularly for the factions mentioned, the mod might feel strange and lacking distinction without them (of course there are other defining factors you could base the mod on, working on creating new shields and swords for example that give a good feel for the era, and maybe rebalance the different weapon damage values to reflect the different army composition of that era and make players feel this isn't just like any medieval era mod with a different name).

However, whether or not Revanstein fails he is trying to make a mod and is kind enough to make it available to everyone else; if he can't succeed then it doesn't matter, he is not pleading for a contract here. If a mod doesn't sound like it will appeal to you then why bother posting? Threads aren't made to invite the opinion of everyone who notices them; a mod thread was made for fans of the era to discuss it and for potential contributors to help out.

askmax said:
Revanstein said:
Yeah, no they aren't. I have never seen a mod on this entire website where someone refused to play because a egyptian faction wasn't in it. Matter of fact I haven't seen anyone even mention it, not even on mods like AD 1257. Besides you say they are rarely successfully implemented, considering there are highly skilled modders on this website that have huge complete mods already why wouldn't they be able to? Why would you be able to if they can't?

Why in the unholy mother of f*ck would there be ancient Egyptians in 1247AD? That's historically inaccurate and mentally retarded. The Mamluks were in power at the time, and they actually ARE in the mod.

Well, sorry if it seemed like i was trying to be rude (i wasnt), since this is a newly devoloping mod and i, myself am trying to learn python (im an unlucky person, if theres an error, ill run into it, currentlly 3.) To make a Star wars mod, because for some reason the most popular ever mod for M&B isnt on warband. Ill try this mod out when its released, and ill follow up on it.

I think part of the issue with a lack of Ancient Egyptian mods is a lack of other factions. I have no idea who the Egyptians could exist on a map with apart from the Hittites. But I know very little about Ancient Egypt. School taught me nothing useful about them.

Good luck on making it. There's plenty of interesting images from Ancient Egypt.

Hazzardevil said:
I think part of the issue with a lack of Ancient Egyptian mods is a lack of other factions. I have no idea who the Egyptians could exist on a map with apart from the Hittites. But I know very little about Ancient Egypt. School taught me nothing useful about them.

Good luck on making it. There's plenty of interesting images from Ancient Egypt.

A lot of factions actually. As Revanstein posted:

Ay's Faction
Hittites
Ku****es
Horemheb's Faction
Paramessu- Ramess Faction
Asiatic Faction(s)

Asiatic Factions I would assume include Assyria, and possibly Mitanni (not likely by ~1323 BC) and Babylonia, if the Hittites are being included.

Definitely looking forward to seeing this mod flourish Revanstein.

ThegnAnsgar, you are quite right, quite a few factions to pick from, some of them very unique and colorful. The Asiatic ones being the most pivotal to the scope of this mod as their existence could require more of a Mesopotamian map, than a Nile-focused one... I'm still undecided on this direction, as most of my attention thus-far has been on the Egyptians themselves...

Michadr, I am working on a few angles on this one, still need a lot of work.  At this time, I am partial to the old Wedding Dance mod...I always liked the smooth animation this one accomplished, and the easy mount and dismount of the chariot, and the chariot-wheel attack was done splendidly.

I have had some extra time off from work... which (hopefully) will lead to some nice screenshots for the progress of this mod.  I appreciate the resources posted here... especially some of them have been excellent sources to work from (and inspiration).

Thanks going out to the well-wishers out there!

Some of the things I have been working on:

• Working on a Khopesh (first ever to be featured in a M&B game, as far as I know)
  • Integrating Egyptian Religion into the questing and game mechanics
  • Organizing factions with historical faction leaders (that look like their real life counter-parts)
  • Ancient Egyptian (and related) armor and armament research
  • New Mod-Themed Starter Quest
  • Item integration (Obviously themed models/textures)

Working on a Khopesh (first ever to be featured in a M&B game, as far as I know)

I dont know why that excites me so much. any models done?

Back
Top Bottom