Where should i start my kingdom?

Users who are viewing this thread

Blackviper18

Recruit
So i've left the kingdom of norway to start my own kingdom, but i can't find a place to start. I'm looking for a kingdom that is easy to wipe out, Kingdom of Mann seems good, but they are pretty hard to fight. Any one got some suggestions?

Blackviper18 said:
So i've left the kingdom of norway to start my own kingdom, but i can't find a place to start. I'm looking for a kingdom that is easy to wipe out, Kingdom of Mann seems good, but they are pretty hard to fight. Any one got some suggestions?
If you are experienced leader go for bohemia but if you want an easy start go for kingdom of Navarre (i dont know what it was called something like this, the faction is controlled by sancho the strong i believe) and the most easy place to start is the faction near by almohads the green colored faction. But if you want a country where people can attack you from one side you are looking for sweeden.

Last couple of years i've gone through at least 5 or 6 play through s with E1200 that lasted at least 400+ days.  However I almost never stay a vassal for more than 50 days before I break out on my own.

You have a few options for starting your own kingdom...

1) Still being a vassal and when you take a castle and your king refuses to give it to you (instead he plans on compensating your campaign with money).  = You're supposed to be able to refuse his decision and rebel!

-  This was always the default easiest way to do it from Native...however for some reason I've never come across a king yet in the Mod who will NOT give me whatever I ask for.  Perhaps it's my gaming style or how I interact with them, but they never seem to refuse me.  So that option was dead to me but mabe it works for you.

2) Going Solo:
You already said that you left your kingdom.  So I know you're not a vassal of anyone.  Wherever you go...I would do a few things 1st.

-  After you've picked a region... develop good relations with the villages in the area.  As many as possible, so when you take your castle for the REBEL that you'll become...you'll have to Garrison it quickly.

- I would also help to weaken the faction of the place you want to occupy 1st. 
For example..
*  One time I was a vassal of Genoa (but we were NOT at war with Sicily) Still, I often attacked Sicilian caravans and lords.  Needless to say my king was not happy.  too bad :cool: So you loose a little honor...no big deal.
*  I fought and captured at least 5 of the Sicilian lords and had them prisoner.  They were fighting on too many fronts and my holding 5 of their lords had to hurt them as well.
* Sicily was at war with Pisa and had been taking  >>> Losing and retaking the city of Pisa multiple times.  Pisa was always left with about 40 -70 troops after a retake so it was an easy target.  So when I finally decided to break out on my own, I quit Genoa and took PISA for myself. 
* After I dumped 100+ of my troops:  (50 Merc Pavaise Xbowmen and the rest top tier infantry)  I quickly ran to all my favorite villages and grabbed at least 100 more recruits.  Those men,  plus hiring as many Mercs I can find from towns and also hired from Castles = Pisa now had almost 300 men in it very quickly.  Keep doing it as fast as you can and train up the recruits quickly...once you have close to 500 in there nobody will challenge you unless you get the HRE or somebody else that big on your A$$.  :smile:

3) shamless plug!  The problem with option (A) pissed me off so much,  I had to create my own option:

Renounce / Rebel & keep your stuff tweak  Find it in my tweak thread.

Notes:
-  Make sure you and your companions have allot of Training skill to Pump up your new recruits quickly.
- Every time you win a tournament or sell allot of prisoners...spend 10k on buying a velvet shop somewhere far off in the world.  Once you have 10 - 20 + of those shops...you can fund a major war no problem.  :smile:
- If you're fighting Noble tourneys set the game option for every 5 days if you u really want to rake it in.

Yeah, I'm with KoNorway too. I am not ready to become an upstart just yet but I want to make my kingdom somewhere in Scandinavia. It's always about timing. Where ever you decide, make sure they are loosened up real well before you hit them.

I prefer the area of the Low Countries. There are several small factions there that you can either conquer with relative ease or keep good relations with them to keep them as a buffer against bigger ones. And then you get 3 huge factions around, England, France and the HRE. Try to have good relations with one or two of them and when they are busy fighting each other join in the war and chip away at the enemy factions to add to your kingdom. I generally prefer to keep good relations with England and chip away at France or the HRE after I've built my power base by conquering two of the small factions.
This same strategy could prly be used in the Balkans and Italy though I never tried it.

I always like "going on Crusade" and establishing myself in North Africa or Iberia and I was particularly proud of myself when I managed to repeat El'Cids achievement of taking and holding Valencia. It's probably the more difficult of options but I find it more fun than other places and requires good finances and a high level.

Apart from that I can't add anything that hasn't been mentioned already.

Back
Top Bottom