Equipment Package

Users who are viewing this thread

Kerpollo19

Recruit
Hi everyone,
I have been playing for quite some hours at M&B Warband, and I found out that it was more effective to have a different equipment against different foes. For example against Khergits I'd use an equipment featuring a pike, a long axe and javelins, with a small shield to deflect their mounted archers' arrows, whilst against some Nord Huscarls, I'd prefer a board shield, 1h and 2h swords and maybe some throwing axes. But then you have to change your equipment before every battle according to the foe you're battling with... Which quickly gets pretty annoying, that is why I wondered if there was a mod that allowed to change easily between one equipment and another. If not, I'd ask a unoccupied modder if it would be possible to create such a mod. For example the mod  could add a button at the bottom of the equiped items screen saying " Define the current equiped items as [enter text] equipment", which would make it easier and faster to switch between equipments.

I'm not sure if there is one. Not as far as I know anyway.

I've noted a similar issue by the way. Fighting against the nords requires some heavy-hitting tools to crack their shields and armour but ti doesn't need to be fast whereas fighting sarranids and khergits (excluding lancers and mamlukes) requires a faster weapon which doesn't necessarily need to do ridiculous amounts of damage.

I had a great bardiche against the nords and a tempered elite scimitar for fighting Khergits but I eventually compromised with a balanced two-handed sabre. It works pretty well usually.

I've tried switching the weapons as needed myself but I continuously forgot to switch over in time before my next fight.

Do not forget you also need different weapon outfits for field battles, siege defense, and siege assault. Oh, and blunt weapons at times too. Oh, yea and changing it for 16 companions as well.

I hear Silverstag is trying to implement it. Check out their mod board.

Closest I have come to a universal outfit is Masterwork Nomad Bow, Large Bag of Khergit Arrows, Elite Cav Shield, and bastard weapon of your choice. Heavy Morningstar is kind of short and slow, but is murderous. Balanced Heavy Bastard Sword can sometimes be too long. A Balanced  Bastard Sword has good speed though less damage. Or, you can use a two-handed weapon and just sheath it when you need a shield, may favorite then is the Heavy Great Long Axe, or Balanced Hafted Blade. 

As for missile weapons, nothing beats a good bow. Nothing withstands a headshot from one and most cannot withstand any hit from one, and it is accurate and fast too.

I am still hoping the 3 extra slots you see in Banerlord will be for this.

The most I've ever tried to tailor my equipment is to use lances in the field and switch the lance out for an extra stack of arrows or bolts in siege situations.  I haven't used lances in the field on a character in quite a while, so nowadays, I don't even bother to do that.  To me, it's part of the challenge of the game to be able to win against all types of opponents with the equipment you have.

That said, it'd be nice to switch between at least a field set and a siege set of equipment quickly, although more than 2 sets would be a little too unwieldy.

I pretty much just stick to a bow or xbow (if Rhodok) and whichever Elite Scimitar I have found at that time + a Thick Huscarl Shield.  If I don't have a scimitar yet I usually have a (heavy) 1H fighting Axe.

(You can hire Nizar and steal his Courser and Scimitar if you want.)

I have not found this to be a problem. There's only 3 sets of equipment I will use, and one of them is only for extreme situations.
My armour and horse never changes. There's no need to change them, but I do tend to have a bunch of different horses in my inventory (reduces speed penalty for having stuff in inventory) so I can switch them if I ever wanted to (never have, though).
As for weapons, I have:
1h sword
2h sword
siege crossbow
bolts
bolts
bolts
shield

I almost always have siege crossbow, 1 bag of bolts, and my shield equipped. When fighting on a horse, I use my 1h sword. When fighting on foot, I use my 2h sword. Sometimes there is no switch for this since I may be using a bastard sword or morning star or something like that. The only time I use the extra bags of bolts is if I am doing a castle siege where I will need a ton of ammo (attacking or defending). It is very rare that I need to use them. For the most part, I just leave my 2h sword equipped and then switch to my 1h sword on the battlefield. That way I can use my 2h sword when I get ambushed by bandits and stuff.

I tend to keep things simple; A great heavy bardish, Masterwork Longbow and two Large Bags of Khergit arrows (68 arrows).  However, I do switch mounts between a Champion Courser (the fastest) to a Heavy Sarranian War Horse (the heaviest armored) depending on the opponents.

Back
Top Bottom