Tournament Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Prime624

Recruit
I have a few questions about tournaments. I have read all the info in the info thread, but it appears to be outdated.

1) The info thread says there are 5 circuits. When I ask a knight in-game, he says there are 6, the Eastern Circuit not being mentioned in the info thread. He also mentions a circuit in the Holy Land, and a "Circuit or Rhomania" (spelled this way in-game). What factions are a part of the Eastern Circuit? Where is this "Circuit or Rhomania"?

2) When I traveled throughout Scandinavia, I never once saw a knight. I searched every Danish castle and a few Norwegian and Swedish castles, but I never found one. Why?

3) The info thread states that to join a team you must be a vassal. Does it matter who I am a vassal of? For example, if I was a vassal of Bulgaria, would I be able to join a team in the German circuit?

4) I know the tournament still being available to fight in after you've already fought in it is a known glitch, but for me, tournaments stay in the same place for weeks sometimes, even after I've competed in it. Is this supposed to happen?

I can't answer the other questions, but the Circuit of Rhomania should be the Byzantine circuit - knightly tournaments were introduced in Byzantium in Manouel Komnenos' times, who was quite a lover of the Western culture. :wink:

NikeBG said:
I can't answer the other questions, but the Circuit of Rhomania should be the Byzantine circuit - knightly tournaments were introduced in Byzantium in Manouel Komnenos' times, who was quite a lover of the Western culture. :wink:

That's what I suspected, but as Byzantium isn't in the game yet, I wasn't sure.

Oh, and the Eastern circuit should probably include Poland and Hungary, I guess.
Though since it was Cruger who introduced this new tournament system (and it isn't quite fleshed out yet), I guess the Eastern circuit isn't included so far, nor would the Byzantine one be in the next patch.

So the eastern circuit is not yet in-game?

Also, does anyone know anything about my 3rd question? That's really the most important.

It doesnt matter what nation you owe your allegiance, you can still join whatever circuit you want (given that you have enough renown). But if your base is in Ballkans than Italian circuit makes most sense since its inconvenient to travel very far if you are at war. This is only true for the current for the current version. I dont know whether the mod team will add the Byzantine circuit in the next version.

Can anyone answer his 2nd question?

I have not seen a knight to join up with in Scandinavia either. I traveled to Skara and Uppsala which were both having feasts, the tournament master says there will be tournaments in both of them but when I enter the city there is only the option to "join the feast". I can't even do the pitfights anymore. When I go to the castle it's just a big sausage festival with 10 lords for every lady but no knight to join up with. Quite a journey just hang out with a bunch of red headed dudes standing around a fire pit in a wooden castle. This was the first time I had tried to compete in a tournament since I became a vassal of Norway because I had a bit of coin saved up and was busy getting ambushed by low and highlanders so I could sell all the cracked and tattered garbage they leave on the battlefield, the dirty loin cloths and broken spears that warband considers loot, but I showed up in Skara with just enough money to bet on myself. To make matters worse, Bishop John of Caithness (KofMann) traveled clear across Europe, passing half a dozen Norwegian villages, just to raid my fief of Gran. All because I have a -4 relation with him. Payday is almost upon me and I will be dishing out about 1,500 denars in wages and the only income I have is from my brewery in Bergen. Imagine the whispering that will be done behind my back when word gets around in my new faction that I can't even pay my troops! This is turning into an absolute scandal.  The cherry on top is that I ****ed off a summons from the marshal for a campaign to come compete in this non existent tourney. So now I'm not only going to be viewed as poor but unreliable as well. I guess I should disband my soldiers and go hunt looters with my compansies.

Tip to Adrale: Productive enterprises are your best friend. I just recently got my first fief, about a year into the game. My troops are paid about 1500 a week and I still gain 8000 each week. This is because I have about 15 velvet weavery and dyeworks. Each gets around 700 per week, more than in native, though idk why. My suggestion is to save up enough money to get a another cheaper enterprise or two, perhaps disbanding some of your troops in the process. Then buy a dyeworks every time you have more than 10000 denars. Once you have a steady revenue, you can build up your army again.

Yeah I know bro but thanks for the tip. I used to ride around Calradia setting up enterprises in all 22 towns before I really got started doing anything else. Lately I like to play where I only set up businesses in towns that belong to my faction whether I am a King or Vassal. Sometimes I still don't open shop in all of them. I did a play through of Brytenwalda where I actually became Brytenwalda, conquering every single place on the map. At the end of it I only owned 3 enterprises. 2 breweries and a wine press. I already figured out the tournaments for this mod. I guess I should have read the info page from the start.

Have a good one!

@Prime624

So I searched every castle and town castle in all of Scandinavia and there are no knights and no way to join any teams, Also reading the "scandinavian circuit" results from the search function seems to indicate that other people have had a similar problem for the last couple of years. The changelog in 0.13 under fixes says "fixed the Scandinavian circuit". I beg to differ.

This best thing this mod has going for it is that it is still being worked on, however slowly.

Adrale said:
@Prime624

So I searched every castle and town castle in all of Scandinavia and there are no knights and no way to join any teams, Also reading the "scandinavian circuit" results from the search function seems to indicate that other people have had a similar problem for the last couple of years. The changelog in 0.13 under fixes says "fixed the Scandinavian circuit". I beg to differ.

This best thing this mod has going for it is that it is still being worked on, however slowly.

Thanks for the information. That saved me a lot of time and headache (and inevitably frustration and anger).

I'm wondering if I were to bail out on Norway if I can at least go back to doing pit fights. I suppose if not I will have to join some French team or something. The shame.

I have another tournament question: Why does my team suck?

To elaborate, I joined the Montfort team in France. In the first tournament, we were against Blois, and we lost. I was the last person on my team alive, and I had already killed a couple enemies, but there were at least 4 left at the end. The next tournament, we were against a different team (blue and yellow striped banner, idk name), and the same thing happened, this time there were 6-7 enemies left, when I had personally killed 1 and a few horses.

Are teams about as good as their renown requirement? Is there anything I can do to make my  team better?

Prime624 said:
I have another tournament question: Why does my team suck?

To elaborate, I joined the Montfort team in France. In the first tournament, we were against Blois, and we lost. I was the last person on my team alive, and I had already killed a couple enemies, but there were at least 4 left at the end. The next tournament, we were against a different team (blue and yellow striped banner, idk name), and the same thing happened, this time there were 6-7 enemies left, when I had personally killed 1 and a few horses.

Are teams about as good as their renown requirement? Is there anything I can do to make my  team better?

I think that is a safe assumption.  Every circuit i've ever joined...I'd always look 1st at the "INFO THREAD" under the - Noble tournaments section and view the requirments.  Mostly to look for the Highest requirement teams and I shoot for joining them.  I noticed that it was fairly easy to win with the top teams. 

I don't think however, you can alter your team in any way.  BUT...you can control them the same way you control your troops on the battle field.  I.e.  Hold this spot, charge, ect ect.    Use those commands to your advantage.

Back
Top Bottom