[UNAC S4] Power Rankings & Discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

DG5_K1_Aw.png

This season of the United North American Chammpionship brought to you by:

qzxAvSo.png

Use this thread to rank each clan by which place you believe they will have in the tournament. You may add new power rankings whenever you feel like doing so. Unlike previous UNAC PR threads, I've decided to combine both rankings and discussions. So discussing your rankings is encouraged, but is not mandatory. 

In your reply, use the code below.

Code:
[b]Rank[/b]:
[b][SIZE=7px]REASONING[/SIZE][/b]:

Credit: Rhade for coming up with this idea!

Now that we have all our teams registered, you're free to post and discuss your rankings. I'm going to be posting what the Pundits think shortly.

For my top 3, I can see either TMW, KoA, or wK winning this UNAC.
I will list reasons as to why each clan has what it takes to win this UNAC.

TMW- Without a doubt, the premiere infantry lineup. Assuming neither side has a bad day, TMW wins the day in straight infantry fights. The Mok, Uni and Warpath combo is the best trio out there. Period. Their closed map cav is decent with Can being their main one. Where I see TMW lacking is their archery. While I regard Clockwise as a good archer, I believe Sota may be falling out. I used to be terrified to go near that guy, but I'm not so sure if I feel his presence as of late. TMW's open map play could use some work, though. They have a few good open map cav like Sikici, Can, and Uni, but I worry how active Sikici will be since he is a Turkish player.

wK- I don't know where to put wK's inf. On the closed map of the semis vs KoA, Oodle and PPK were relatively shut down by a combo of KoA's archers and infantry. Oodle and PPK are still a really great inf duo, but I worry that they may be overwhelmed by a team that runs 3 or more infantry vs them, because I noticed they are often the lone inf on closed maps. Where wK is unmatched is in their open maps. Most teams require maybe 3 or 4 good cav to be able to win open maps, but Calamity and Gelden are absolute monsters on open maps. As for archery, Lagstro is a fantastic archer, obviously, but with Achilles posting his retirement, their archery core is looking weaker. Much will probably depend on how Juve readjusts to the scene after being out for a long time. In terms of cohesion, I consider wK to have the best.

KoA- I believe KoA to have the deadliest archers of any clan. John and Rhadagast had lights out performances in the semis and have consistently since then kept up amazing play. With the addition of Fatso to KoA's roster, this seals the deal. The closed map play is definitely KoA's strong point, in my opinion. The open map cav is iffy, with Brave and Cru the only veterans in the open map cav department. Robocop will probably play a big part in the success of KoA's open map cavalry. As for infantry, I believe them to be neck and neck with wK, and maybe the slight edge. The addition of a now active Robocop is a huge advantage in infantry since Robo is a very insightful and highly skilled player. If KoA wants to win, they need to step up their cohesion.

Rest of the teams will come later. Keep in mind, the above three are not in order of power ranking. Just the order I wrote in.

4. Wappaw- Wappaw reminds me of what I heard in a power ranking one time- the gate keeper of the middle tier clans. I don't see anyone but the above teams beating them. They might only have a struggle with the HB/Balion team, maybe. They need to get their members more active.

5. WTTM- Assuming WTTM gets all their players to show up, I think they will take 5th. Arys and Vitus have taken great strides and improved greatly as infantry. Their Europeans are pretty good too, like BlackTide and OGL. It depends on how active they will be, though.

6. Balion/HB- Yeah. I put this team mix of formerly great clans at 6th. When I look at their roster, I see only one outstanding infantry, and the rest is a clan of archers. I see no difference maker in cav, either. If they want success, they need to find more infantry and cavalry, because I worry how active those HB's will be. Their cohesion will probably be sloppy too as a combination of two clans.

7. MoB- A really, really strong ranged game. As much as I don't get along with Sparhawk, he nails the shots all day long. I agree with what Arys said as well, them having a cohesive infantry core. They might need to fill up some cavalry spots, though. I expect of any team, this one can definitely surprise. I also expect if they pick up maybe a cav or two that they can definitely beat the Balion/HB team.

8. tK- Suprisingly a very cohesive infantry core. In my mind, Bard is going to be doing a lot of work with Tito. They seem to only have two cav, Heat and Hani, so they need people to fill that spot on open maps.

9. DoF- DoF suprised me when I merced for them in a scrim vs Wappaw. Even though we had four Europeans on our team, I believe we actually won the closed map on Verloren. They were a very cohesive team and their closed map cav play was really good. They need to step up other areas of cohesion, though.

I'm not really familiar with the rest of the teams, so this is where my rankings stop.

Top 3 stay the same.
Wappaw tK, and WTTM move up and down the rankings.
4. tK- tK suprised me. Coming off of a scrim victory of Wappaw, I think they are becoming very dangerous very fast. Great job to tK.

5. Balion HB- I'm moving this team up because I haven't seen much of MoB.

6. MoB- Seem inactive at the moment. I would still wager they have what it takes to beat Wappaw after their KoF team beat Wappaw's stronger team in UNAC 3.

7. Wappaw- Their roster looked substantially weaker. With the loss of the HB's and Manry/Jim, these guys take a huge tumble, especially after losing to tK.

8. WTTM- When I found out that the Arys and Vitus inf duo wasn't playing on the same team, I feel this undermines their team a bit. They should be looking for someone to fill Arys' spot. They seem to be suffering from inactivity, which will hurt them.

9. DoF- same reasoning as before.

Top 3 stay the same.
4. tK- Still extremely active and only improving, tK stays at #4 on my list. They should look to increase their archer strength, though.

5. TSC- TSC impressed me A LOT with their victory over FtA. Great job to them. This was enough to move them up to #5.

6. Wappaw- With a victory over TFM, I am impressed. Kelq seems to be making a comeback, maybe, so this should help out their infantry core greatly.

7. TFM- TFM has probably surprised me most. They had really good matches vs FtA and Wappaw, but slightly falling behind both. Nonetheless, their performances have moved them to #7.

8. DoF- After playing with them in EU, they have some suprisingly good players that are extremely cohesive. I'd reckon that they'd beat FtA, so I put them above FtA.

9. FtA- After an extremely disappointing loss to TSC, I move them down to 9th. As I suspected, their cohesion is probably terrible. Their cav and archers look good, but I see a lack of good inf minus Craven, which hurts them greatly.

10. VL- I don't know much, but I bet they'd beat WTTM and PoN.

11. WTTM- suffer from inactivity.

12. PoN

The_Troubadour said:
Achilles posting his retirement, their archery core is looking weaker.

Achilles isn't retiring. Apparently he has fat stacks of video cards lying around his house so he managed to fix his problem with one.

The_Troubadour said:
wK- I don't know where to put wK's inf.  Oodle and PPK are still a really great inf duo, but I worry that they may be overwhelmed by a team that runs 3 or more infantry vs them.
Hands down the best infantry duo in the tournament right now, followed closely by Uni, Warpath. Mok is bad, and cant perform in matchs.
The_Troubadour said:
KoA- I believe KoA to have the deadliest archers of any clan.
One good match, doesnt mean they are good. The best archers right now in the tournament are Lagstro, Sota. Hands both are on another tier level compared to the rest, one John and Rhad wont be on anytime soon.

Achilles_TheIV said:
valent69 said:
The_Troubadour said:
Achilles posting his retirement, their archery core is looking weaker.

Achilles isn't retiring. Apparently he has fat stacks of video cards lying around his house so he managed to fix his problem with one.

You shut your whore mouth.

Oh right I forgot to add

Achilles is bad now, so I agree, our archery core has gotten weaker

Balion Zero said:
The_Troubadour said:
KoA- I believe KoA to have the deadliest archers of any clan.
One good match, doesnt mean they are good. The best archers right now in the tournament are Lagstro, Sota. Hands both are on another tier level compared to the rest, one John and Rhad wont be on anytime soon.

The_Troubadour said:
have consistently since then kept up amazing play.
read the next part of my sentence.
Seeing as how you don't play anymore... well...

Pundits - my advice is to not argue with people arguing with your analysis. You will be stuck in a trap where you say the same thing over and over again until you get angry and throw your keyboard out of the window. Just lay your opinion out there, most people will respect it, respond to the few respectfully digressing with parts of your analysis, and ignore the butthurt people. You will live a much happier, fuller life that way.

Eternal said:
Pundits - my advice is to not argue with people arguing with your analysis. You will be stuck in a trap where you say the same thing over and over again until you get angry and throw your keyboard out of the window. Just lay your opinion out there, most people will respect it, respond to the few respectfully digressing with parts of your analysis, and ignore the butthurt people. You will live a much happier, fuller life that way.

John7 said:
Have you seen any matches in the last 6 months? This aint 2013

See ya on the battlefield lol
Honestly, experience isn't lost or depreciated over a span of 6 months. I am very keen to see how your team performs against Balion/HB.

I didn't say anyone was inexperienced. Now what I did mean to convey is if you haven't been playing the game or haven't played in any scrims in 6 months to a year I'd say you probably don't have quite the same grasp of recent developments as the guy who has been active as far as meta changes, skill changes, roster changes etc. Apparently Zero thinks we had a single good match and got 2nd place in the tournament, I do not have the time to argue anymore about the subject, so I'll see him in the tournament and we'll see what happens. #hype #taunt

And as much as I hate to admit it, I believe mok is a good infantry player and that's backed up by his performance for his team in UNAC 3 and in recent encounters. Anyone who honestly believes mok is a bad infantry and can't perform in matches is either blind, in denial, hasn't been in any recent scrims against him or has an ego so big they can't fit their head into a empty 50 slot server.

It was indeed a good match, but we didn't get to it by getting lucky or by "having one good match" as Zero would say. A lot of this is opinion based and encourages mass epeen stroking which is why I don't like getting into it, if you'd like to have a conversation about who's good in Warband feel free to msg me on Steam.

Back
Top Bottom