Banners

Users who are viewing this thread

ArmasGlinn

Recruit
So, I'm relatively new to Mount and Blade Warband, I only got it about four months ago. I haven't really started using mods yet, but I thought I'd try and make my own banner. I made it using paint.net, went into the 'Textures' folder in the 'MountBlade Warband' folder and pasted it into the 'banners_a.dds' file (I made a copy of the original first). I thought it had worked because I was able to select my banner to use but once I got onto the world map, it appeared sideways. Every other banner from 'banners_a' was also sideways. I replaced the original 'banners_a' file back into the 'Textures' folder and, despite my banner having now disappeared as I expected, the rest of the banners from 'banners_a' were still sideways. Could someone please help me with this because I haven't a clue what to do.

The texture is perfect, but the model has been altered along with most of the banners in 'banners_a.dds'. That file was the only one I edited.

Try reinstalling, (make sure to backup your saves if you have any). It'll fix it, it probably messed up because of something to do with weirdness going on in the modules.ini.

The only problem with that is that I have the game on steam. The steam cloud saves all the data from the game so that if you reinstall it, everything stays the same. I

Go to your steamapps folder, and delete MountBlade Warband, but first copy it so you can backup what you want to keep. If it doesn't automatically reinstall when trying to play, check the games integrity and it should re-install.

It appeared to be reinstalling when I did this, but when I went into the game, all my saves were still there and all the banners were still sideways. Thanks for taking the trouble to help me out btw

I placed my banner in a different part of the file and it turned out perfectly, but a lot of the other banners are still sideways. I got used to it pretty quickly though, so it's not really any bother. Thanks again to everyone who replied, I was pleasantly surprised to find a helpful, friendly community on here.  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom