New Fiji and New Scotland Announcment

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
M-B-Mod-PersistentFrontier.png

Scener Maximus and the great Tomiko are working on two maps, New Fiji and New Scotland.

New Scotland will have a landscape similar to the inlands of Nova Scotia.
With mountains, large and thick forests, and large mountains.
It contains: Siege ladders, 2 native tribes, thick forests with many ambush points, 2 Richfields (Explained bellow), secret tunnels and caves, and there are no war spears.

bitsbb.jpg

25rmhi9.jpg

1z5nb88.jpg

iw22ae.jpg

168eeyv.jpg

Erm....

New Scotland as you've so called it, is actually the first map of PF made by Glovine.

I'm not sure if we have permission to use it anymore.

Also, have you updated it? all the items and stocks and what not need to be double checked.

Austro said:
Erm....

New Scotland as you've so called it, is actually the first map of PF made by Glovine.

I'm not sure if we have permission to use it anymore.

Also, have you updated it? all the items and stocks and what not need to be double checked.

Indeed. RaJiska and Jarlbalruuf didn't know the name or maker. Finally we found someone who know it.
The map came from Aldric that gave it to me to test which ones we can use. (A big list of .sco files).
And after 10 months having that file, we decided to let it come back. Since we didn't know the name,
we called it New Scotland. We try to make it amazing. Our Scene Worker Maximus will work on it.

It is not New Scotland, the old one. But a new one. Also there are no ownership of maps. So even if it was the old map, then we could use it anyway, by just changing little bit of it, it would be a another map than the current one made.

I always thought the mod worked best with the first map (New Scotland) and the first ruleset (No name tags/colours, randoming not possible outside the colony safe zone since you could kill anyone with a ranged weapon, and later no global chat - what happened to the whisper system anyway, it seems it's disabled...?) It's a pity the mod is trying to be as reliant on admins (of which there are too few who qualify) as PW. PF should not be like PW in its ruleset.

I've been thinking of alternative ways to make people value their lives and perhaps even roleplay. First thing would be the "no name tags", then maybe people should drop ALL their gold when they die (since we have the bank now, which should be heavily taxed and capped to prevent excessive hoarding - for when all gold is lost, we should place free wood cutting axes and maybe pickaxes at every major hub). Then I'd like the global chat to be removed, it's always been a damned nuisance in my opinion and a huge immersion breaker. The whisper system should be re-introduced, and if people have questions about functions or whatnot they should use the admin chat (which would work since admining would be kept at a minimum). I'd love to get the old feel back where PF felt like being on the merciless frontier - the less admin interference the better.

Dansk viking said:
I always thought the mod worked best with the first map (New Scotland) and the first ruleset (No name tags/colours, randoming not possible outside the colony safe zone since you could kill anyone with a ranged weapon, and later no global chat - what happened to the whisper system anyway, it seems it's disabled...?) It's a pity the mod is trying to be as reliant on admins (of which there are too few who qualify) as PW. PF should not be like PW in its ruleset.

I've been thinking of alternative ways to make people value their lives and perhaps even roleplay. First thing would be the "no name tags", then maybe people should drop ALL their gold when they die (since we have the bank now, which should be heavily taxed and capped to prevent excessive hoarding - for when all gold is lost, we should place free wood cutting axes and maybe pickaxes at every major hub). Then I'd like the global chat to be removed, it's always been a damned nuisance in my opinion and a huge immersion breaker. The whisper system should be re-introduced, and if people have questions about functions or whatnot they should use the admin chat (which would work since admining would be kept at a minimum). I'd love to get the old feel back where PF felt like being on the merciless frontier - the less admin interference the better.

Dansk Viking, please come with your suggestions and opinions on www.pf-official.eu , there you will most likely get an accurate answer.

BlackSniper said:
Not everyone like to have heavy roleplay, dropping all gold when you die (or got randomed) and all those things.
Most peoples like fast roleplay, fast money, much war etc.

Aren't you muted at this board ? 2 sec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom