Game-breaking bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Falconian

Regular
Suddenly there is a riot in my city.
- My character is stripped naked and goes back to lvl 4, losing all skills, item and appearance.
- All companions also stripped, lose skills and go back to lvl 1.
- Besiege city, units won't listen to orders
- Still win
- Forever stuck on a screen that says I won the battle

I'm going to drop Floris entirely if there is no way to remove this.
How can I play something that comes with some horribly bugged stuff that randomly breaks you save?

Hundreds in-game days wasted.

PS: All I did was chaning Formation AI to Native AI+Formations and then back to Formation AI for testing purposes.
Does using the Mod Options break your saves?

No, it shouldn't. I've done those tests too. And this is the first time this kind of bug has ever been reported as far as I know. And I test and break this mod intentionally as a submodder. I have never seen such an occurrence.

I'm not saying this kind of bug is impossible to happen. I've seen other kinds of bugs, some of which were game-breaking too, just not this particular one. It isn't just Floris, but practically every major mod and possibly even Native too. Why do you think we crawled all the way up from Native 1.0 to Native 1.160?

That said, you really should back your saves up. I always roll through my saves. Every week I save in a new slot, so if something messed up happens I only need to roll back one week. I also make a save before anything major happens, especially things that require scripting.

Start a new save and edit your character/companion stats back to what they were. I think there are character editors available.
I am clocking a good few weeks of gameplay of Floris, and I've never encountered a bug that you describe, must've been bad luck.

As hana said - this bug has never been reported before. If you care to dig through things on this board you will see that we had a huge open beta for 2.5 for several months that had hundreds of bugs (including natives) reported and fixed. Consodering that this bug wasnt caught then or since then makes me think that it may have been a general game hiccup that messed up your savegame.

Oh and that's not only that.
I started a new save and I have a bug where when I want to marry a lady, her father agrees but then she tells me that I have lost a duel (never happened) and thus I can't marry her.
This happened with 3 different ladies.
Also, when I ask for permission to marry a lady to a lord he just yells her name and nothing else.

I'm using the Nexus version with the butter fix.
None of these have happened when I was using 2.54 (actually, nothing like this at all).

Hmm... I don't even have the butter fix. I never had it, but I never had the butter bug anyway since I don't raid villages. I just installed whatever the latest version of Floris was and that's it.

Is the buttrr fix made by us?  I am pretty sure we didnt make anything for 2.54. If i wasnt on my cellpotatoe until the first i would check meself.

I blame society.

Actually my original comment was going to be something like, "Did you overwrite 2.55 files with a patch for 2.54 or earlier?" Then I took a look at the Nexus downloads section and there it was, the 2.55 butter fix. o_o

The 2.55 download from the Nexus should be compatible with the "butter fix" patch found on there.  I added them both on, but I was unaware of any of the issues listed above.  The oddity is that if these bugs are within those patches then they should be within 2.54 as 2.55 or its patch didn't touch these aspects of the game.

Back
Top Bottom