Submod Legality?

Users who are viewing this thread

AxiosXiphos

Sergeant Knight
Just wondered what the legal issues are regarding submods for this mod? The developer is obviously busy working on the next version yet there's a few improvements which would be fairly simple to implement to this version just to polish it off abit. Obviously this is only in my personal opinion, but others who are less confident changing their game files (or too lazy) may find this useful?

.....what?

You mean the fact that he regularly posts here and is working on a new release equals dropping off the face of the earth?

I think you might need to go looking up the meaning of this particular phrase.

Now if you are talking about SoD for M&B and not SoD:W for Warband, then development has more or less finished as Computica has made it about as stable as he can (After taking over from the original creator(s)) and moved on to the New Build of SoD:W.

As for Submods, someone already made and released their own submod, Adenian Front (it's stickied) Which was a pet project around his favourite faction.
Now although  it's here, Compy and team don't actually 'support' it in the technical support sense, it was just something someone did for fun, as after all that is what modding is all about.

So yes, you are welocme to make a submod, as long as you don't take credit for work that isn't yours, as that is just universally viewed as dumb.

LibSpit said:
.....what?

You mean the fact that he regularly posts here and is working on a new release equals dropping off the face of the earth?

I think you might need to go looking up the meaning of this particular phrase.

Now if you are talking about SoD for M&B and not SoD:W for Warband, then development has more or less finished as Computica has made it about as stable as he can (After taking over from the original creator(s)) and moved on to the New Build of SoD:W.

As for Submods, someone already made and released their own submod, and I believe it was even stickied. Now although  it's here, Compy and team don't actually 'support' it in the technical support sense, it was just something someone did for fun, as after all that is what modding is all about.

So yes, you are welocme to make a submod, as long as you don't take credit for work that isn't yours, as that is just universally viewed as dumb.

Yes sorry, last time i checked the thread there didn't seem to have been any responses for awhile. I 'assumed' that the situation was still the same. I've learnt a life lesson today, never assume anything!  Reading through some of the later posts it quickly became obvious that this is still in development and i apologise whole heartily for my mistake. Obviously this is great news but as such i quickly changed my post, but apparently too late  :smile:

In regard to submods I'll have to have a look at this one someone else did first, if it addresses most of the things I would of liked to change (mostly cosmetics) then this is obviously an advantage :smile:

Otherwise i might post up something which addresses any issues players have until the next release. Afterall it has been a long time since the last patch. Also credit where credit is due goes without saying.

Another unfortunate case of me not reading the mother f%$king thread before i mother f%$king posted. :sad:

hehe! Damn you now my post looks weird!! :grin:

It looks like I am having a rant at some imaginery intruder! DAMN YOU!!!! :razz:

As far as I am aware (haven't played it, just skimmed the description)

The submod focuses almost entirely on the Adenians, adding extra troops in their tree, and basically making up a story around them and weights the game in their favour.

What kind of cosmetics are you considering altering? Just as a curiousity.
We do plan to do all kinds of overhauls to the GUI and hopefully a whole overhaul of the troop graphics etc. as well, if we get the needed support.

But anyway, when the new version is released it will be pretty epic. Epicness takes time however, mainly because it is compy working solo on coding, etc.

At this point the entire mod, and even the entire base game of warband, has been more or less gutted and rebuilt from the ground up!

LibSpit said:
hehe! Damn you now my post looks weird!! :grin:

It looks like I am having a rant at some imaginery intruder! DAMN YOU!!!! :razz:

As far as I am aware (haven't played it, just skimmed the description)

The submod focuses almost entirely on the Adenians, adding extra troops in their tree, and basically making up a story around them and weights the game in their favour.

What kind of cosmetics are you considering altering? Just as a curiousity.
We do plan to do all kinds of overhauls to the GUI and hopefully a whole overhaul of the troop graphics etc. as well, if we get the needed support.

But anyway, when the new version is released it will be pretty epic. Epicness takes time however, mainly because it is compy working solo on coding, etc.

At this point the entire mod, and even the entire base game of warband, has been more or less gutted and rebuilt from the ground up!

To be honest i deserved the rant  :razz:. Epicness does take time and i very much look forward to the finished version!

Well there is just a few little things which nag me, mostly of which are just personal preference if im honest but i wondered if anyone else would be interested in the changes. Save them doing it themselves.

For example in my personal version of the game within the legion faction alone i've replaced the (IMPO) out of place and lower quality archer troops helmet with the standard legionary one. I've re-purposed the very good looking helmet the legate wears (as you will rarely ever see this) as a 'praetorian helmet' (renamed and restatted) and given it to the above top tier legionary infantry. The akouthlous helmet has been renamed to the triarii helmet (as that's the only infantry to wear it now). All 'black army' gauntlets and gloves have been replaced by standard versions of these items.

Finally every imperial above the rank of recruit is now clean shaven (though the centurions have kept their own personal preference) and their skin colour closer matches the tone on their arms and legs.

The result does make quite a difference and i really find it increases my enjoyment of the game while playing this faction. I know this is all very much personal preference stuff and very easy to do within the text files alone but i just wondered if anyone would be interested in more of the same as a savegame compatible submod.

Here's the source code for 3.92f2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/winmk5cwobhk912/SOD_Test_Combatant_Stablev3.92f2.rar
I don't have 3.92f3 laying around It was changed into a pre 3.93 but I never released it. I'm using completely new code atm, so feel free to use this source as you like.

Computica said:
Here's the source code for 3.92f2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/winmk5cwobhk912/SOD_Test_Combatant_Stablev3.92f2.rar
I don't have 3.92f3 laying around It was changed into a pre 3.93 but I never released it. I'm using completely new code atm, so feel free to use this source as you like.

Thanks Computica that could prove helpful. Keep up the good work! :grin:

New submod in development! :smile: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,311563.0.html

Back
Top Bottom