Issues with Skype & with tablet.

Users who are viewing this thread

AWdeV

Duke
As title says. I have two teensy problems that I have no idea of how to deal with. First is that skype totally refuses to log in. If I open skype it goes to the first screen but it never reaches a log-in screen and as such I can't log in. The only way I have to access skype is on my phone and that's pretty annoying.

Anyone any ideas? I had googled around a bit and followed some of the steps given but no result. The issue seem to have started the day after windows did a dozen or so updates. I've since removed and re-installed the game, shut down and restarted the computer twice, I've tried microsoft Fixit which was advised by some tech support forum but alas, still no result. How fix?

The other issue is that I've recently-ish purchased a drawing tablet (wacom something something intuos something) and I figured I'd get started with this now. It automatically installed drivers when I plugged it in (or at least it should have) and I've downloaded a program for it (MyPaint, I saw it mentioned elsewhere on TW) but how works? The blue light lights up when I point the pen at it but it doesn't register anything. There seems to be a step missing somewhere but I haven't the foggiest what it is and the quick start guide I've been given has been thoroughly exhausted by plugging in the USB-wire and installing the driver.

For the tablet problem... Uninstall all the software, plug the tablet in, find it in the hardware manager, uninstall the driver, unplug it, install the driver from the CD/download, plug the tablet in. Chances are the driver is locked to the one windows found and windows can be stupid. This will force clear the driver and when you plug it in, it should find the driver you've installed.

On Windows 7 (probably :cool::

1. control panel
2. hardware and sound
3. under devices and printers: device manager

from there you should be able to find the category for the tablet, possibly under "Human Interface Devices"

Sweet man, thanks a bunch! It's working now and needs a bit of getting used to (and a programme to draw in).

Your tips mostly made me realise either the driver was never installed or I had neglected to reboot it since.  :oops:

Reboots don't always fix that issue. Windows essentially knows what driver you need, but it sometimes chooses incorrectly. I gave you the instruction to "reboot" the driver so to speak. Glad it's working. If you're looking for free software I believe Autodesk has a good free sketchbook and GIMP or Inkscape also have decent tablet support.

I have to re-do the driver business but skype's working now after the whole thing had to re-install itself.

Back
Top Bottom