No computer AI friendly fire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kharille

Knight at Arms
Sometimes I get crazy and end up firing shots at my soldiers.  Don't see why I need to turn this setting down.  But hey, how come I can't cut down my own men like some ruthless warlord dealing with his own low morale troops?  On that matter, I don't think I've ever been shot by my own side.  Is there some kind of realism mod I could use to make it more dangerous to charge into the range of fire of my own bowmen?  Like those occasions I charge ahead by myself?

I think he's talking about the melee friendly fire. He does shoot his soldiers, but he's disappointed that you can't cut them down with the sword.

He's also wondering how to enable friendly fire from allied archers.

AI friendly fire (as in, AI shooting their teammates) was cut out of the game a muy longo time ago because people were getting annoyed they kept getting shot in the head by their own troops. Borcha, one of the three companions at the time, even had a bit of a reputation for that.

I mean, really. Have you seen the AI shoot? They're horrible. And then there's you milling about unpredictably. I'm glad they can't hit me.

And I don't particularily see a point in chopping your own troops. I suppose the developers didn't either and cut it out to avoid you accidentally killing your own troops / to avoid having your troops kill eachother or even you.

I don't think there's a mod that would allow any of the things you want. In fact, I think you may be the first person to want it.

Blead said:
I think he's talking about the melee friendly fire. He does shoot his soldiers, but he's disappointed that you can't cut them down with the sword.

He's also wondering how to enable friendly fire from allied archers.
He's asking about ranged friendly fire here, " Is there some kind of realism mod I could use to make it more dangerous to charge into the range of fire of my own bowmen?" 
In my game, it's turned on.  I can shoot my own troops and they can shoot me. 

Well, I think its up to me to avoid charging ahead of 100 rhodok sharp shooters...  But I'm surprised theres no friendly fire....  Also cutting down your own troops might be funny over drinks....

I'm almost 100% sure the ai hurting the player or friendlies is hardcoded out of SP. The missiles even disappear if they hit the player (not registering as a "hit" as far as the game is concerned). A similar thing happens in towns when you try to kill civilians/npcs. Fire 20 arrows through a guy and notice how there's no noise, and the arrows are nowhere to be seen.

You can enable it in multiplayer (host a battle, enable friendly fire with 100 bots apiece) but it's terrible. The ai generally tries to avoid friendly fire but archers mow each other down unless they're spread out in a sparse line. And melee friendly fire is far worse.

To answer the original questions, neither melee nor ai ranged friendly fire are possible in SP. (might be in WSE but that's another can of worms).

In single player warband?

I ask again because I don't believe you. :O
As far as I know, that kind of thing was removed a loong time ago. I didn't know it had resurfaced in now-older versions of warband.

(Speaking of, apparently I'm behind on updates as well. I didn't knew there had been an update last month. :lol:)

AWdeV said:

As far as I know, that kind of thing was removed a loong time ago. I didn't know it had resurfaced in now-older versions of warband.

(Speaking of, apparently I'm behind on updates as well. I didn't knew there had been an update last month. :lol:)
I see it frequently when I'm playing:  red text saying "Brutus has hit a friendly troop."

Lord Brutus said:
AWdeV said:

I see it frequently when I'm playing:  red text saying "Brutus has hit a friendly troop."

Oh sure, you can shoot them no problem. But I'm not so sure about their being able to shoot you.

AWdeV said:
Lord Brutus said:
AWdeV said:

Oh sure, you can shoot them no problem. But I'm not so sure about their being able to shoot you.

In Multiplayer you can hit and shoot them, and they will shoot you too, when you stand in front of them while they are shooting.

Back
Top Bottom