Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still need to get that gear saving sorted out, but it shall remain a PVP server with minimal admining. 

Been busy with my c# classes.

I use one myself, and did the whole have 100 bots fighting and spawn 500 horses test. 

the trick is to use an OS that hardly uses any resources booted up. 

Debian uses only 1% leaving around 98% do the warband server. 

Internet connection on the machines is 1gb port. 

Xaphan said:
I use one myself, and did the whole have 100 bots fighting and spawn 500 horses test. 
That is not necessarily an accurate test, because horses and bots do not cause many scripts to run: the ones in PW that involve or require the "player" data in some way.

There is no difference between the 4 core machines with 6 gigs of ram and this besides being able to assign more servers to their own cpu core.  Warband dedi is single core, and the ram usage was never even close to that full 1 gig.  These specs in theory are fine.

This was the load with 35+ players running around and fighting along with livestock maxed out at 50, and horses ect...

True the test might not be accurate for pw.  It is the classic test people do for native.

On our windows machine this cpu handled 200+ players while also handling the scripts and database.  On the Germany machine. 

Not saying they handled 200 players flawlessly since they are only 3ghz, after 150 fainting gets real hard. 

bN5oLn5.jpg

It's about optimizing your scripts, Warband scripts and data send scripts. Most commonly used is PHP.

Since I don't know that much sbout Warband scripting. I'll talk about PHP and some tricks.

You can do some tricks eith the .htaccess file, making it so that the request itself (Url) doesn't have to be received by the server first, basicly making it a shortcut. This won't help alot but every bit helps.

Never use seperate files for sending DB information.
For instance:
Bank.php
Save.php
Welcomemsg.php

This makes the server open the whole file for maybe only one player every 10 seconds. If you would use a neat feature in PHP for instance:

If(isset($value))
{
//code
}

Or

$action
If($action=='1')
{
//code

}

This makes the web server handle every request making it more efficient.

Nice optimization trip, I could use that lesson/trick for the game I am making.

I don't plan on doing a mega pre alpha release like everyone else is doing.  I will definitely gear more toward a finished optimized first impression. 

anyway tech rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom