Officers Hotspot

Users who are viewing this thread

OldNosey

Recruit
Hello guys and fellow officers!

Don't know if this problem has been discussed here already and how you guys feel about it:

For me I love leading my regiment in linebattles and usually enjoy the events. Yet I find it quite problematic to communicate with my allies during a battle. Sure, you can use the chat... but it's hard to time attacks properly and stuff like that. Plus the chat usually gets spammed with nonsense and is hard to read when you are busy. So as it stands, the whole communication feels more like "reacting to your allies".  :roll:

What I thought of is some sort of hotspot for officers of smaller regiments, for example:

One could open up a steam group for every single popular event. Members of this group would be the officers that are signed up for this particular event. When the event starts, you join both the group chat (steam voice chat) of this group to communicate with the officers and your teamspeak/voiceTool to give commands to your members. You could assign different push-to-talk buttons for both voice chats.

The benefits of this solution: Easy access without having to use another teamspeak server and multi-instances of it. The downside is ofc the low quality of steam voice chat plus you never know who is talking and some other uncomfortable stuff.

The implementation of this idea could ofc look different. But I think communication with other officers would add to the immersion and overall fun for smaller regiments in a linebattle. You could assign a General of the group to support the other officers and start to apply better strategies that use way smaller time frames.  :grin:

Let me know how you feel about this. All I found to this topic so far is a steam group called "Napoleonic Wars Regimental Leaders Group". Yet I don't have the feeling they support that kind of service.

Greetings
Nosey

P. S.: If you like the idea and want to message me, you can also add me on steam -> OldNosey  :wink:

Yeah you can do that, either with multi instances of ts3 if you want to talk in both servers or by using tabs (which only supports talking in on one server imho). Problem is that you need an additional teamspeak server for that, which could be an alternative but won't be paid by anyone I guess. Using the steam voice isn't perfect at all, yet cheap and groups would be easily set up for all the different events.

But if people would be interested in a public ts for events, that would ofc be a nice thing as well. :smile:

Greetings
Nosey

Back
Top Bottom