Paths to Kingship

Users who are viewing this thread

Penledor

Recruit
I have read through the postings on this and am uncertain what to do next. 

I am playing the Crusader States and since becoming Marshall I have managed to turn things around in fighting with the Mameluke Sultanate.  I currently own a village, a castle and a town.  I have slowly been taking over other townships and castles for the Crusader States - even some using only my own troops - but the (not so) dear king is not forthcoming with his gratitude and awards property to others - notwithstanding my 100 rating with him and 995 Renown. 

So now I am thinking about branching out on my own. What I cannot figure out is how break away from him and keep my current property.  Its probably obvious but how should I go about this?  I am using the 'no save' option - hence I do not want to get this wrong.

I also do not fully understand how to go about collecting vassals - can I do this when allied to the King or do I do this after setting up and independent state.

I would appreciate your guidance or possibly a link to where I might be able to find the answers.

If you take another castle or town, and the king refuses to grant it to you, you can renounce your oath to him and your castle and town will become a part of your faction as well as the one you took. The village might not, unless it belongs to the castle or town you own.
To get vassals you should recruit those local nobles from "hunting" and you can also make your companions into vassals by giving them fiefs. You can also try converting vassals from other factions by speaking to them if you have fiefs open to give. You can't get any vassals until you make your own faction, however.

Thank you so much for the response - I have been deferring this action becasue with the no-save option - its a huge risk.  I have stashed alot of money as well and intend to use the Pope to call a crusade and give me some other lcastles and towns before the final deed...  thanks again :grin:

Try buttering up the 2nd strongest army in the faction. You can ask a lord to rebel with you, and if between the two of you, you have more property then their liege (and they like you of course and you have a fair amount of RtR saved up), you can start a rebellion. This allows you to keep your and their properties, and start with a powerful 2nd army already, which makes it easier to convince other lords in that nation to jump ship as well.

Unfortunately, due to all the property trading hands so quickly, the queue for distribution fiefs is constantly being reset which makes it very difficult for anyone to actually get any property unless you luck out and sign peace immediately after a capture of territory, and it manages to last for a month or two.

Back
Top Bottom