Hoping to return...

Users who are viewing this thread

Morgana_Grey

Veteran
But is there anything to come back to? Looking back, I feel like I experienced the Golden Age of Roleplay for PWMOD. There was something that was keeping HCRP afloat just enough to attract some really great people and I've had some very memorable times playing this mod! I'm not even sure when the last time I played was..maybe three years or so? So is there anyone out there still having a great time whilst playing a role?

2-3 years ago when United and EUA was active, they were good times. Will never forget them and I don't think PW mod will be as good as thoose times again sadly.

UnlivedPro said:
2-3 years ago when United and EUA was active, they were good times.

Yup', it was the good ol' times.
United was the first Persistent World server I've been admining on.
It was something totally different than now, the spirit of the mod was there...

Morgana, if you haven't been there for a long time, then you might enjoy coming back.
Persistent World has been updated and Vornne has released the source, so there are now a lot of new server side features...

Unfortunately PW will never be as fun as it was back then, but, since after 3 years you are back and interested in this mod again, I don't think you would be dissapointed, because it has improved a lot since then, and as Ra'Jiska said, there are a lot of new server side features, so it makes the mod a little bit more interesting, actually, if the players that played back then were playing even now, then you would always want to play this mod.

There are brief moments of enjoyment, more so when you play with a group of people you know and you find a stable server with somewhat competent players and staff members. I rarely play PW anymore and when I do it is typically with a group on Teamspeak and there is excitement (war).

Honestly Morgana, if you expect the same play style that you are used to 3 years ago, you shouldn't waste your time.

Well I am thankful for the comments and I will take what advice I have gleaned herein, with a grain of salt. I'll hop into some servers and see what's going on either way. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom