Performance issues as game progresses

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

I tried the various tweaks suggested on the Performance/LAG/CTD page and applied them to my current game, which is 389 days at this point. I do get a very minor speed improvement, but that's not really helping my case, as movement is still very sluggish. I can barely hit a Theow with a spear on horseback.

I tried on a old Brytenwalda save game (same version) with only 1 day. All was working flawlessly, as it did before the changes.

Anybody experienced that? I tried to search to boards, but to no avail. 4 GB RAM, Intel Core 3i 2,93 GHz, NVidia GT 640... RAM is a bit borderline, but probably firmly in the requirements for anything else.

Try turning off the particle systems in the video options. You will miss out on fire, rain dust etc. but I think this mod changed the particle system from native and it can cause heavy lag. I will leave it on when I am visiting taverns and castles then turn it off during a battle and I immediately notice a big boost to performance. The dust caused by horses when you are looking toward the center of the fighting is particularly taxing.

Your battles seem to perform better during the early game because you aren't taking part in large dusty cavalry engagements.

I'm unsure, if the game takes mainly cpu or gpu power or both, as i'm still pretty new to the game (M&B Warband in the whole), but your videocard (GT ... without the X is a slow piece, not a gamecard) could be the reason if the game is a lot gpu dependent, i guess so, as Warband in itself is now a pretty old game (shouldn't be more cpu demanding than a i3 cpu) and Brytenwalda put in a lot of visual items which need video-processing (edit: but also more cpu, as for some increased AI effects and overall contents).

Normally it needs a bit more info about your system, but i guess with a new proper videocard you would get a clear boost. Isn't there an extra thread for tech-help?
Anyway Brytenwalda info gives indicators, which performance is to expect with which system, but you know that already. Anyway, if you can afford it, buy a very fast (uptodate) v-card with 2 GB or more, and your games will probably play much more smoother. You know that already, but that is probably the only solution to play games todays.

Back
Top Bottom