[Server] Calradian Battlefields - Duel, Event & Fun server! [Must see!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Just found this thread... Gonna check it out tomorrow.

Looks really good from what I read, I'm excited!

Windle said:
Just found this thread... Gonna check it out tomorrow.

Looks really good from what I read, I'm excited!
Thank you! I would love to give you a tour on the server, but I'm not able to get on pc. You can ask the other admins, though. :wink:

Faebio said:
Master_Lionhard said:
Faebio said:
NeToMaN said:
This server is like a combination of old Swadian Duel Server and Nditions : D

Was about to say the same

Edit: Get rid of falling damage maybe

What's the reason to do so? I can look into it, but why? :smile: Thanks for the suggestion.

Cus you take damage when you fall of the flying things obvs
Well, I don't think that's a huge problem, but well, fall damage isn't really needed in duell.

Tried out the server just now but unfortunately without anyone on. Love it and it was everything I expected and more then !
However I can see some improvements made and I would like to share them with you in hope you agree on my point of view:

+ Boxing arena:
  • It has doors that come inwards from one side, while the other doors push open towards the stairs. This knocked me off the staircase now and then and it shouldn't be a hassle to enter this beautifull arena in my opinion

+ General map:
  • At first I had no idea where I was going and got lost a couple of times. Is it possible to add some roadsigns?
  • Being lost I ended up in the sewers, which had a lot of secret rooms but every time without anything to offer.
    Maybe spawn some naked zombie prisoners, or add some flare to it such as a secret chest.
    Maybe have a weapon room containing rare weapons, ...

+ Horse race:
  • I found my way to the horse race through that teleportation room. The meat on the side did not give it away :grin:. Rethink about the banners and the meat?
  • The bridge is really hard to jump over from the left side. Usually I would end up stuck on the other part of the bridge, glitched without giving me the chance to drop down unless I dismount. While I like a challange I think the bridge should be just a tiny bit closer. If I jump on the right side it's perfect though, giving me a good 50/50 chance to make it depending how early I start the jump.
  • The moving spikes are invisible to the horses. I can just ride through them no problem.

+ Flying buckets:
  • I figured out how it works fairly fast, but had troubles getting into them. Can you make it so I don't have to jump over the edge of the bucket and instead have it so I can just walk into it by lowering it? Perhaps putting the buckets a bit infront of the stone area. Perhaps making the stairs a bit higher?

+ Archer arena:
  • There was no way for me to know if I hit the target from a far distance. Make the sign stop or change its color when I hit it? Something to notify me please.
  • There was only 1 indicated range to shoot from, the one behind the wooden structure. I would insist making little cottages on different ranges from close to far.
  • Perhaps a little feature: Enabling and Disabling the targets to move by doing something like "open the gate" with a handle, or a piece of cheese.

+ Horse dueling arena:
  • Should have 2 ways to enter so the opponents don't have to face one another before the duel.
  • How do I get on the arena to view a match?? I saw the door so I know it's possible but gave up after 10 minutes walking around.
  • How do I get out on my horse :razz:. There are 3 doors offering me to do an action but non work... I had to switch to spectator every time.
  • Is it possible to take the king's seat? I found no indication how to get up there.

If you made it through my wall of text then I congratulate you! I think changing what I mentioned plus adding a "survivor mode arena" where bots just spawn and you have to survive in the middle would totally make this an A++ server on which I will spent a lot of my hours.
Everything mentioned is with good intention and hope it will be received so!

Windle said:
Tried out the server just now but unfortunately without anyone on. Love it and it was everything I expected and more then !
Yea, it still needs more advertisting to get popular.  But it often has ~10 players online when 2, 3 players join. I'm glad you like the server, though!

Windle said:
+ Boxing arena:
  • It has doors that come inwards from one side, while the other doors push open towards the stairs. This knocked me off the staircase now and then and it shouldn't be a hassle to enter this beautifull arena in my opinion
True, I will fix that. But you should know that the map is finished like only 30% - that also answers your dungeon question bellow. It's playable, but not that much designed. I also can't design it much anymore, because people starting complaining about FPS drops on that map already, imagine when I fill all the dungeons with stuff.

Windle said:
+ General map:
  • At first I had no idea where I was going and got lost a couple of times. Is it possible to add some roadsigns?
  • Being lost I ended up in the sewers, which had a lot of secret rooms but every time without anything to offer.
    Maybe spawn some naked zombie prisoners, or add some flare to it such as a secret chest.
    Maybe have a weapon room containing rare weapons, ...
1) I like the roadsigns idea. If you have watched the gates to all the arenas carefully, you might have seen that there are other banners except my own one. Each arena has its own banner, for example regular arena is blue. That way I could also make somewhere some wooden spikes and on them banners with a arrow or just banners, so you know where you are heading.
2) Nothing special at them currently, but there will be more from time to time. :smile: Your ideas are good.

Windle said:
+ Horse race:
  • I found my way to the horse race through that teleportation room. The meat on the side did not give it away :grin:. Rethink about the banners and the meat?
  • The bridge is really hard to jump over from the left side. Usually I would end up stuck on the other part of the bridge, glitched without giving me the chance to drop down unless I dismount. While I like a challange I think the bridge should be just a tiny bit closer. If I jump on the right side it's perfect though, giving me a good 50/50 chance to make it depending how early I start the jump.
  • The moving spikes are invisible to the horses. I can just ride through them no problem.
1) Yes, I wanted to swap the archery arena banner with the horse race arena, because of the mounted archer, but I was too lazy. :S The meat has something to do with it, though - It's horsemeat. :smile: Didn't find something more suitable.
2) Did you actually try it more times? As noone was online, I suppose you chose cavalry class so you got higher riding skills and you became faster. With that you should really jump it over at 90% with saddle horse and 100% with courser. It has it's reason why it isn't more near. It's supposed to give the people behind a chance, if I wouldn't build in those kind of things, the player leading would never lose his/her position. But as I told, it's really easy to jump over. You just have to jump from the edge, but 2m before the edge of the bridge.
3) Yep, I know. They will be replaced by walls or something.

Windle said:
+ Flying buckets:
  • I figured out how it works fairly fast, but had troubles getting into them. Can you make it so I don't have to jump over the edge of the bucket and instead have it so I can just walk into it by lowering it? Perhaps putting the buckets a bit infront of the stone area. Perhaps making the stairs a bit higher?
That's how it was first, but I didn't like that it was flying in the air. Also, if you just block during jumping on it, you can prepare the direction where you want to start flying and easily fly away.
You steer it with the mouse, it flies where you look at. And you stop it by either blocking down while having an weapon equipped or blocking with shield / fists.

Windle said:
+ Archer arena:
  • There was no way for me to know if I hit the target from a far distance. Make the sign stop or change its color when I hit it? Something to notify me please.
  • There was only 1 indicated range to shoot from, the one behind the wooden structure. I would insist making little cottages on different ranges from close to far.
  • Perhaps a little feature: Enabling and Disabling the targets to move by doing something like "open the gate" with a handle, or a piece of cheese.
1) In that case you did never hit the target. Because when you hit it it globally sends a message. And you can't just change the color. :wink: That's the problem at native - compatible things. You are very limited.
2) Yes, I can do that. There is much free space anyways.
3) I don't think I will do that.

Windle said:
+ Horse dueling arena:
  • Should have 2 ways to enter so the opponents don't have to face one another before the duel.
  • How do I get on the arena to view a match?? I saw the door so I know it's possible but gave up after 10 minutes walking around.
  • How do I get out on my horse :razz:. There are 3 doors offering me to do an action but non work... I had to switch to spectator every time.
  • Is it possible to take the king's seat? I found no indication how to get up there.
1) If you fly with the UFO above it or just look to the left and right of the 1st - 3rd places podium, you can see 2 different gates. Those are for this kind of things. We will use that only in some official long medieval-like tournaments.
2) Before you go into the long tunnel to the arena (the entry in the middle) there are stairs to the left and to the right. Go up and then go to the corners and you will see wooden stairs. Those bring you into the spectator tribunes.
3) Well, why should you get our with a horse? :mrgreen:
4) Only admins can get up there. No need for you to be there. :razz:

Windle said:
If you made it through my wall of text then I congratulate you! I think changing what I mentioned plus adding a "survivor mode arena" where bots just spawn and you have to survive in the middle would totally make this an A++ server on which I will spent a lot of my hours.
That goes far over my mind. :grin:

Windle said:
Everything mentioned is with good intention and hope it will be received so!
Of course! Thank you for your feedback and also consider registering on our forum & joining our steamgroup!
Hopefully you will see changes soon!

Back
Top Bottom