Take away the bows from tournaments.

Users who are viewing this thread

as the topic says, is it possible to remove them from the tournaments? they are driving me freaking crazy and i need to get rid o em before i break me keyboard over me leg.

and please no unnecessary comments, just plain info on how and if i can get rid o them?

Hmm..why?

Just strafe and they will probably miss and them shoot/melee them?

Throwing weapons are much more annoying, especially on foot with no shield against it, and some super hero adventure is throwing them. No joke, one or two and you're pretty much dead.

And against them, it is useless to keep distance and shoot them with arrows too, because they usually come with shield and javelins, whereas if they shoot arrows, just strafe and shoot back.

So I don't know why you're having problems with arrrows?  :razz:

As i wrote dont give me unnecessary comments if its not information on how to get rid o them.

And i will answer yer question so ye and other people understand me frustration.
i want em gone because the tournaments are so unbalanced either i or the opponents have em
because if i have a 2h sword im deadmeat if im against more than one archer and if im lucky i can take on 2 archers and if im starting with a bow im screwed because the bows nearly dont do any damage and ye only manage to maybe shoot 2 arrows before the opponents is onto ye with melee weapons

well the tournaments are unbalanced over all but the bows are the worst and i cant find the logical reason why someone would go in with a bow in a melee fight especialy when its so damned tight in the arena with no way to retreat

furst of all, tournatments are free for all, and only at a certain level 10+ i would even bother doing them, before that your weapon proficiency is so low that even a POP kid, if there were one of course could beat you with a frying pan.

Train yourself wherever you can, also try to train not only meele but also bow aswell. Even if it is a pain in the ass, having the secondary as a bow or crossbow will help you on the long run on day 1000 etc. if you only go all meele you should refrain from doing tournaments at all.

Train your agility up to dodge the bullets better, when they fire, just step to the right or left, and they WILL miss, except if they are noldor, then you will need to counter bow them usually or have some meatshield noldor in front of you...

also a bowman has usually a secondary weapon... so your point that being a bowman is instaloss is wrong in any sense you look at it.

Learn to play the game proper before doing something like tournaments, this game is supposed to be hard, OR import a character and you will not have to bother about weapon proficiency...

I myself play with an imported character after my first savegame went corrupt after 1500 days, that was around 1 year ago though^^

Occult meddling is not needed in such things, what you demand is plain heresy even by my occult meddling standards.... SRY WONT HELP YOU HERE.

And the fact of the matter is, different tournaments have different rules. If you just wanna horse stab people to death, go to sarleon, nary a bow or primary melee weapon in sight.

Elensil the Numenorean said:
if you only go all meele you should refrain from doing tournaments at all.
N'ah, it's a question of choosing which tournament to fight in.
Sarleon is a pure lance tournament and Windholm is a pure short axe tournament for example. There are other towns with pure melee tournies.

The description of cities on the wiki include a section that describes the weapons used in the tournaments there.

Elensil the Numenorean said:
furst of all, tournatments are free for all, and only at a certain level 10+ i would even bother doing them, before that your weapon proficiency is so low that even a POP kid, if there were one of course could beat you with a frying pan.

Train yourself wherever you can, also try to train not only meele but also bow aswell. Even if it is a pain in the ass, having the secondary as a bow or crossbow will help you on the long run on day 1000 etc. if you only go all meele you should refrain from doing tournaments at all.

Train your agility up to dodge the bullets better, when they fire, just step to the right or left, and they WILL miss, except if they are noldor, then you will need to counter bow them usually or have some meatshield noldor in front of you...

also a bowman has usually a secondary weapon... so your point that being a bowman is instaloss is wrong in any sense you look at it.

Learn to play the game proper before doing something like tournaments, this game is supposed to be hard, OR import a character and you will not have to bother about weapon proficiency...

I myself play with an imported character after my first savegame went corrupt after 1500 days, that was around 1 year ago though^^

Occult meddling is not needed in such things, what you demand is plain heresy even by my occult meddling standards.... SRY WONT HELP YOU HERE.

Aye i know how the tournament works, i have played M&B since 2006 so im not new blood in the franchise and the thing is i want to go all melee and i use npc archers and companions as backup fer the skill i choose to not take.
NO im not out to make the whole prophesy of pendor to change the tournaments, i just want to change it fer meself and no one else or wasnt i clear enough when i wrote?

aye the bowmen gets a secondary weapon, a wooden club, yer still at a heavy disadvantage because the wooden club dont do much damage either compared to a wooden sword or 2h sword

and i dont care how other people play their game if its with imported characters or all around or whatnot? its their business not mine, i want to play the mod without bows in the tournament and i just asked if someone knew how to get rid o them, i did not ask fer advice how to play the game nor how i shall build me characters

And no i cant learn to play the game proper, not in yer sence o "proper" as ye see it or anyone else sees it, i play it my way and tha's my way o playing proper

caution evil occult ways ahead

seems to me the simplest way is to use morghs to transmorgify the tourney bows to other weapons. I am assuming the bows used are Practice bow and Practice bow 2 (item #'s 28 and 503) just change them into melee weapons and I figure that should fix you up right QUICK.

bonus points for keeping the hunting bow mesh and using it as a 2 hand weapon to bash people with

update: success!
eagle eyed viewers may note that the bows have turned into fish. this is only a natural part of the heretical process and nothing to be alarmed about.

mb25.jpg

my tournaments just got a lot more fun
mb23.jpg

mb24.jpg

SOVWARgoesSACPOP said:

seems to me the simplest way is to use morghs to transmorgify the tourney bows to other weapons. I am assuming the bows used are Practice bow and Practice bow 2 (item #'s 28 and 503) just change them into melee weapons and I figure that should fix you up right QUICK.

bonus points for keeping the hunting bow mesh and using it as a 2 hand weapon to bash people with

eagle eyed viewers may note that the bows have turned into fish. this is only a natural part of the heretical process and nothing to be alarmed about.

mb25.jpg

mb23.jpg

mb24.jpg

LMAO

SOVWARgoesSACPOP said:

mb25.jpg

mb23.jpg

mb24.jpg

ahahahahhhhahaah, oh god that is hilarious...
you could make a whole food fight by using all the supplies that are ingame... imagine someone hitting somebody with rotten chicken or rotten pigs!!!! now thats wasted food put to a good use^^

OR even better idea, flag rottenchicken and rotten pigs as throwable spears and throwable knives, and you will have an all out food war where people throwing food at each other instead of fighting with wooden sticks^^

I honestly prefer a bunch of archers in a tournament to melee. Easy enough to get into melee range, and they only have clubs.
If you get swarmed by 5 angry Hero Adventurers/Noldor with big swords on the other hand you're pretty ****ed...

SOVWARgoesSACPOP said:

mb25.jpg

mb23.jpg

mb24.jpg

thanks fer the info, morghs? do i need to change a file and which one? with replacing the bow lines with the melee lines in the file or something?

i know very little o configure the files in games or modding at all so if ye can be a bit more detailed on how i do this i will be really gratefull :smile:

Morghs editor is a program that you can use to edit stuff in game. you can download it and edit the  item flags to turn it from a bow to a sword. or you can go into item_kinds1.txt in your pop mod folder, find itm_practice_bow and itm_practice_bow_2 and replace each of them and their following numbers with
itm_practice_sword Practice_Sword Practice_Sword 1  practice_sword 0  12976130 9223388529554358287 3 0 1.500000 100 0 0 0 0 22528 103 0 90 0 532 534
that will make them practice swords instead.
just be very careful copying and always always always back up your txt file before editing it.
and carry a fire extinguisher in case any of the knights of the dawn pick you up for your heretical ways

It isn't even so much that bows are underpowered in tourneys, its that sword and board are OP as ****. You can win any tourney (even the noldor one) with 200ish WPF and 6+ PD/PT/PD if you always spawn with a sword and shield.

With 200+ wp and 6+PT/PD/PS you´re pretty well off the early phase and mid-late game, when tourneys are a nice diversion to the early grind and you´re able enough to survive.

As it has been mentioned, there are quite a few tournaments around without bows, stick to them before you start meddling with the occult.

Though the barrels of ale look awesome.

SOVWARgoesSACPOP said:
Morghs editor is a program that you can use to edit stuff in game. you can download it and edit the  item flags to turn it from a bow to a sword. or you can go into item_kinds1.txt in your pop mod folder, find itm_practice_bow and itm_practice_bow_2 and replace each of them and their following numbers with
itm_practice_sword Practice_Sword Practice_Sword 1  practice_sword 0  12976130 9223388529554358287 3 0 1.500000 100 0 0 0 0 22528 103 0 90 0 532 534
that will make them practice swords instead.
just be very careful copying and always always always back up your txt file before editing it.
and carry a fire extinguisher in case any of the knights of the dawn pick you up for your heretical ways

you SOVWARgoesSACPOP my friend has just won me respect of telling me how i change the game and it works i dont have any bows in the tournaments anymore :smile: thanks alot fer tha!

Fer the others who commented and certianly cant read fer some reason or are just plain stupid, because i stated in the first post "dont comment if yer not going to give information on how to change the game" , i dont care wha ye state as "occult" and "blasphemy", i love this mod and have put down lots o hours into it, i just wanted to change the tournaments to not be so damned unbalanced in me sence o seeing it, if yer not going to help others in the future if they ask fer it, dont answer fer gods sake.

Well, what you did is the crude solution. Instead of doing Empire only tourneys and sticking to eg. Sarleon and Windholm or simply lowering damage to yourself to a quarter and half the damage on your team whenever you spawn with a bow, you overwrote an existing item.

This means you´ll have to do your next archery target practice with a wooden sword instead of the practice bow. If you ever want to do it. The arena fights will be affected as well. No more practice bows anymore.

And fer yer information:
This is a public forum on teh internetz. People simply won´t do what you tell them to, wether you´re Scorpius_skin, King Elvis or the Almighty himself.

Back
Top Bottom