Battlegrounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Cernunos

Banned
I managed to create "battlegrounds" after a player battle. It creates a party that olds all the casualties inflicted during the battle.
Battlegrounds will disappear after some times (to not overload the system).
I see 3 main functions:
Scavenge the dead: to gain some more gold/items. Will create a "scavenging" skill, and knowledge. Lose honor ?
Practice necromantic rituals (once the player discovers necromancy knowledge). Will be tied to a necromancy skill. Hopefully recruits skelettons, zombies, and maybe more potent undeads.
Bury and honor the dead: will gain honor/moral if the rituals are performed well. Maybe increase some kind of religion system.

Ideas ?

i add few twisted ideas.

Cannibalism-collect flesh for eating and cooking- Lose alot of honor, be totaly evil and hated.

Cathering+ Crafting. - Collect bones, craft bone armors, and mybe weapons like spear or arrows. Or use bones to make artefact

Religion- Sacrofise wounded enemys to your gods to get favor.

Burn dead and get honor. I think there shold be some religions. All Lords have religion. Some have old gods who prefer to burn your dead and new god prefer burying. So if you bury you lose reletionshio and favor points with old gods, and lords who worship oldgods will dislike you and this would work both wayz( Just idea- if you like it you can edit it, if not nevermind)

Sacrifice them for more max spiritual energy in the shaman line. Perhaps doing so would allow demons to contact you at night and reveal treasure/evil/forbidden knowledge.

Perform medical experiments on the bodies. Doing this successfully gives you research notes, and when you collect 4 or more notes, you can turn them into a book that gives you benefits to surgery/wound treatment. Gives medical exp as well.

Enslaving non combatants. There are many types of people who would follow an army around, camp women, merchants, cooks. Could give a percent chance to enslave specialty units like lumberjacks and the like that you can toss into your settlement.

Cernunos said:
I managed to create "battlegrounds" after a player battle. It creates a party that olds all the casualties inflicted during the battle.
Battlegrounds will disappear after some times (to not overload the system).
I see 3 main functions:
Scavenge the dead: to gain some more gold/items. Will create a "scavenging" skill, and knowledge. Lose honor ?
Practice necromantic rituals (once the player discovers necromancy knowledge). Will be tied to a necromancy skill. Hopefully recruits skelettons, zombies, and maybe more potent undeads.
Bury and honor the dead: will gain honor/moral if the rituals are performed well. Maybe increase some kind of religion system.

Ideas ?

this is useful.
I see battlegrounds as a place where undead might occur if not buried/cleansed after battle. 

I'd like to see the code.

- GS

Back
Top Bottom