Robin Williams found dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Anthropoid said:
But if he did in fact kill himself, my anger at him for being a selfish, coward, for setting a terrible example to the millions of other mentally ill people worldwide, for acting callously with respect to the well-being of his loved ones, for taking such a pathetic path when he obviously had so much resource of myriad sort at his beck and call, that anger far outweighs the sadness, though it does not extinguish it.
Man **** off with that ****. At the very least recognize that most people here don't agree with you and keep it to yourself.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
Now I'll never get a chance to ask him in another AMA why he (Osric) died in Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet.

It's quite sad, he was probably one of my favourite comedic actors.

You've met him? That's cool.

A great comedian, he gave me a lot of entertainment. I hope his loved ones don't suffer too much. When someone commits suicide they must be suffering though, so perhaps his loved ones can take consolation in the knowledge that he is eternally at peace.

Anthropoid said:
I loved Robin Williams and have tremendous empathy for him as a victim of mental illness. My sympathy however, stops at the point where he failed to take responsibility for himself

See, here's the problem. "Mental illness" is not one specific problem; it has many facets. One of those facets being that people suffering them aren't always capable of taking responsibility for themselves. That's why we have counsellors, and psychiatrists.

Now, if you can't behave decently and cease posting angry flame-bait material which by my definition comes pretty close to trolling, I'll simply mute you so people can continue expressing their sorrow and sympathy in the manner which they deem fit.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
Now I'll never get a chance to ask him in another AMA why he (Osric) died in Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet.

That is interesting. So you actually met him?

Belendor said:
Vermillion_Hawk said:

That is interesting. So you actually met him?

No but he did an AMA on Reddit once, I never asked the question though.

I would drink to this opportunity missed. You never know when is the right time. :smile:

How *exactly* did he die?  In the reports I see, all the information we get is:  Asphyxiation, found unconscious, was battling depression.

Yeah, we get they're strongly implying suicide, but some more detail would be nice.

Man, it's such a shame he's dead, and by apparent suicide.  He was in one of my favorite childhood movies, Flubber.

Can't say I knew much about him though, that's really the only movie I remember him in.

Sad that a guy who had so much going for him found that it wasn't enough somehow.

I know him best from the Aladdin films and Jumani.
He wasn't really up there in my favorite actors, but I understand depression rather well and I fully regret that the poor man suffered enough to hang himself. :c

Well mankind was insatiable last time I checked. But hanging...oh boy.

... Huh? It wasn't enough for him, clearly. Or at least not enough to balance out whatever bad things he was dealing with. What could you possibly find objectionable about that? Are you saying he killed himself out of joy?

It seems like you're using the word "sad" as a substitute for pathetic and then you presume to know that he killed himself because even though the world was his oyster he still wasn't satisfied.

It just looks like more of the same high and mighty **** that you get from people who would feel much better if he had died in a respectable way, like in a plane crash or after a long and painful illness. Then it wouldn't be so "sad".

Back
Top Bottom