Robin Williams found dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pumpkin Lord

I couldn't see any remark of this terrible event around. I woke up hearing this and have a feeling my entire work-day is going to be like that; terrible. His dead truly touched me deeply.

The news at hollywood reporter I think this is the best one that gathers it all. (At least among the other sites blabbering about what other famous people say about him.)

Belendor said:
I couldn't see any remark of this terrible event around. I woke up hearing this and have a feeling my entire work-day is going to be like that; terrible. His dead truly touched me deeply.

I feel like Theo in Children of Men when the news about Baby Diego's death surface.

Radalan said:
I feel like Theo in Children of Men when the news about Baby Diego's death surface.

Ukraine, Iraq, Gaza, conflicts around the world, disappearing planes, rise of fascism, immigration control, advances in technology... and Bicentennial Man ceases to function.
I think I need to finish work at home.

I hope it was not a suicide, but merely an accident of some sort. A hope which is very difficult to consider as being realistic given the cause of death is asphyxiation.

Assuming he did kill himself . . . That makes me sincerely angry at him for putting an end to himself in such a pathetic, cowardly and stupid manner. It makes all of my lifelong cherished memories of him and his brilliance seem no less stupid.

Given his health issues and everything, you have no way of knowing if he did not simply took an easier way out than dying of cancer or some ****.
So good job being a judgemental piece of ****! :smile:

(edit)
My (especially written) English is declining so rapidly these last few days. The **** is going on :???:
Which is to say, the sentence actually makes sense now, yay.

Anthropoid said:
I hope it was not a suicide, but merely an accident of some sort. A hope which is very difficult to consider as being realistic given the cause of death is asphyxiation.

Assuming he did kill himself . . . That makes me sincerely angry at him for putting an end to himself in such a pathetic, cowardly and stupid manner. It makes all of my lifelong cherished memories of him and his brilliance seem no less stupid.

Your comments are stupid and you are even worse if you think that someone committing suicide after a life of suffering with depression is "pathetic, cowardly and stupid". Pathetic comment.

This makes me sad. I wasn't the biggest fan of him, but I thoroughly enjoyed some of his movies. I watched The World According to Garp a hundred times when I was a kid and Good Morning Vietnam was a really, really good movie.

Also, Anthropoid, shut the **** up. We already have Rebelknight to fill our quota of judgemental pricks who are so because empathy is a foreign concept and thinking for more than 2 seconds is an overwhelming task.

Sedericus said:
Anthropoid said:

Your comments are stupid and you are even worse if you think that someone committing suicide after a life of suffering with depression is "pathetic, cowardly and stupid". Pathetic comment.

You are arrogant, delusional and rude to comment as such. I have suffered from depression for years. One does not allow the demon to take control. There are far too many possibilities to remain in the light. Allowing oneself to go down the pit is pathetic, cowardly and stupid.

Nahkuri said:
This makes me sad. I wasn't the biggest fan of him, but I thoroughly enjoyed some of his movies. I watched The World According to Garp a hundred times when I was a kid and Good Morning Vietnam was a really, really good movie.

Also, Anthropoid, shut the **** up. We already have Rebelknight to fill our quota of judgemental pricks who are so because empathy is a foreign concept and thinking for more than 2 seconds is an overwhelming task.

Why don't you take your own advice?

People who commit suicide should get no sympathy for having done so; their act should be acknowledged for what it was, stupid, pathetic, cowardly, wasteful. If we as societies recognized the shamefulness of self-murder--as many ancient cultures did--perhaps it would seem less appealing than seeking help to deter the suffering and self-hate that drives people to do it.

I loved Robin Williams and have tremendous empathy for him as a victim of mental illness. My sympathy however, stops at the point where he failed to take responsibility for himself, failed to consider the impact of his selfish cowardice on his loved ones and his fans, and decided to take the easy way out.

Anthropoid said:
Sedericus said:
Anthropoid said:

You are arrogant, delusional and rude to comment as such. I have suffered from depression for years. One does not allow the demon to take control. There are far too many possibilities to remain in the light. Allowing oneself to go down the pit is pathetic, cowardly and stupid.

You wouldn't know that. Depression varies from person to person, given to he used drug during a part of his life and consumed alcohol in high levels for a long time or simply having a whole different life than you have...you are unknown to what he may have suffered. What more, suicide is what people claim. It could be an attack due to asphyxia, which is more reasonable for his age.

Why not just accepting this all thing as a terrible event for lots and lots of people and carry on with your life even though you find it pathetic?

Edit: Agreed.

Anthropoid said:
I am angry and disappointed at him, if in fact he intentionally caused his own death.

It's anger talking. Besides suicide takes tremendous amounts of guts, but depression is not just some tiny thing (as you yourself may know) and when coping mechanisms aren't near enough to reach - It'll strike too fast to react.

Let's just get along.

Belendor said:
Anthropoid said:
Sedericus said:
Anthropoid said:

You wouldn't know that. Depression varies from person to person, given to he used drug during a part of his life and consumed alcohol in high levels for a long time or simply having a whole different life than you have...you are unknown to what he may have suffered. What more, suicide is what people claim. It could be an attack due to asphyxia, which is more reasonable for his age.

Why not just accepting this all thing as a terrible event for lots and lots of people and carry on with your life even though you find it pathetic?

Why should one "not say such things?"

As I said, hopefully it was an accidental death, not suicide. But if in fact the man intentionally killed himself, it makes me angry. I am sad to learn he suffered that much, and sad that the world has lost him.

But if he did in fact kill himself, my anger at him for being a selfish, coward, for setting a terrible example to the millions of other mentally ill people worldwide, for acting callously with respect to the well-being of his loved ones, for taking such a pathetic path when he obviously had so much resource of myriad sort at his beck and call, that anger far outweighs the sadness, though it does not extinguish it.

“Usually when people are sad, they don't do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change.”
― Malcolm X

My thoughts go out to his family and friends, to those who loved him and what he did. It breaks my heart to know anyone has to goes through this.

Now I'll never get a chance to ask him in another AMA why he (Osric) died in Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet.

It's quite sad, he was probably one of my favourite comedic actors.

Back
Top Bottom