Not open for further replies.
Server Information

Server Details
Server Location: Chicago
Server OS: Debian 7
Crash Protection: Supervisor Debian Package with custom shell script
Passed all stress tests with flying colors

Server Rules
No rules, server has no damage zones where new players can make a little money and role play without being bothered or attacked.

Extra Details
Player housing which will become more advanced, each house will soon have own economy.
Houses are meant to be safe areas for players out in the pvp zones AKA the Wild.
Each house will have own economy, one suit of high end armor, one suit of medium armor, and some clothes, farms ect...

Take your chances in the wild, with a group or survive alone if you have what it takes!

Welcome to the Dark Age of Persistent World

Might take a few days to get up and going, the player housing needs to be done correctly. 

We hope you enjoy this break away from rules, being banned all the time, and forced RP.

I'm quite interested in how this might turn out. Good luck!

There have been multiple attempts at running a server with no rules. Unfortunately, too many players have grown used to playing under the protection of a strict set of rules and tend to whine when something doesn't go their way. Servers like these are fun though. It reminds me of a DayZ/Breaking Point of Warband. I wish you the best of luck.

If it doesn't work out we will convert to normal server.  The thought of needing 20 admins though is horrific. 

In theory though, the concept would be pvp like a traditional MMORPG, where you can run back to the safe zone for safety. 

The safe zones are key to a concept like this actually working out. We shall see.

Questions:
1. What scene are you using?
2. To own a house do you have to donate to the server or can you purchase on the server (like Oasis)?
3. Will there be a EU server also?
4. Good luck :smile:

Lidiss said:
Questions:
1. What scene are you using?
2. To own a house do you have to donate to the server or can you purchase on the server (like Oasis)?
3. Will there be a EU server also?
4. Good luck :smile:

Going to use a friends map to start with while I finish my own. 

There will be no pay to win on this server, all houses are purchased with in game gold.

There may be an eu server coming out if the NA one attracts enough attention.

I am about to put the map up for testing, making sure I got the safe zones set up right. 

Cheers, should be up today if you want to check it out. 

This is a great concept. I know for a fact ill be bringing my clan on every now and then to mass pvp. Goodluck with the housing features it sounds like a time consuming job for the mapper.

it is, I will constantly be updating housing, getting ready to launch version 1 though. 

Server now live!

Sorry peasant, but this isn't working well. Read this thread I made.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,311055.0.html

In my opinion this server won't last for the lack of rules and admins ...also i think the idea is a bit stupid i mean your making the pw mode into a native mode ... but i have to say great forum ...

JadWSamadi said:
In my opinion this server won't last for the lack of rules and admins ...also i think the idea is a bit stupid i mean your making the pw mode into a native mode ... but i have to say great forum ...
PW was essentially designed to string together native siege maps coherently, unfotunately lacks autobalance.

Server Maintenance Finished

Safe zone bug where you may lose gear or spawn on the edge of the map fixed.
Player housing door bugs fixed, including snow castle house.
Safe zone works now at 100%

Server back open!

it appears we are still having trouble with saving of gear in safe zones, it works most of the time.  We may have to revert back to classic gear saving, which can't happen til tomorrow. 

I just wanted to cut back on the mayhem of running a server, no more 40 person staff, no more back stabbing and bs.  The players will make or break this server, along with updates from staff, and bug fixes.  Luckily we have a good coder who spends around an hour working with us a day to fix problems, for a low monthly cost.  So if you are looking for scripts, Danyele is your man. 

Really I am waiting for players to stop camping the end of the safe zone faction up and organize.  We shall see what happens. 

But as for a no rules server, I feel people are ok with it, some hate it, some completely love it.

We don't ban anyone, people know if you leave the safe zone you have to be careful just like any other PVP mmo out there.

I don't like babysitting, I like interacting, and our system provides a different kind of fun.  It also does not step on the toes of any other server so i'm am happy about there not being competition. 

Thank you everyone for playing, we will work on a bug fix for the gear saving in the morning, for now admins will comp. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom