How did you make your living early game?

Users who are viewing this thread

I started out taking small tasks from taverns, guildmasters and lords, signed up as a mercenary for Maccavia, and started completing bounties. That got me a stable income and a party of around 50 low-tiered troops, decent weapons and armor and a companion (Kara). I helped Maccavia fight off a huge Drachen invasion that had managed to nearly take Maccan and got plenty of high-priced prisoners from that. Then I started flipping coins, betting 2000. I won 7 times in a row without losing so far :grin:

I'm almost in a position to earn enough fame to become a lord.

So how did you earn your first fortune?

EDIT: I've won the coin toss 8 times. I think I'm going to stop now while I'm ahead..

Im kind of player who abuse game mechanics to maximum.

I ususally start game not hireing any army just seeking for companions. Then i trade and use different lord partys as meat shield. Helping out with other lords. so i have nice prisoners and loot.  so right now in 672 day i have 13 big party i have 12 companions. i have 189k money. i have no liege and have 16 lords with 100 reletionship. and 41 lords who is listed as friend. So soon im going to swear vassalage and trying to use my influence to claim in realm.

Last game i had was realy bad i had party what spended 12k aurums on wages. so i thinki going to get first like 500k money now when i have companions almost full gear. And byto way eagewarriors and demon worshippers are friendly to me. so its safe to rome in realm on perisno.

I get like 20 recruits then i hunt down small parties to level my guys up then once they are tier 2-3 i hunt like bandit parties of 15-30 and i also do bounties

Modder223 said:
I get like 20 recruits then i hunt down small parties to level my guys up then once they are tier 2-3 i hunt like bandit parties of 15-30 and i also do bounties

Yeah, I started doing that, and then I started getting chased around by all these crazy parties.. evelyn knights (or something like that), demon worshippers, outlaw mercenary bands with huge amounts of troops, and 60 holy crusaders xD

Nopenopenopenopenope.

Miyamoto-dono said:
Modder223 said:

Yeah, I started doing that, and then I started getting chased around by all these crazy parties.. evelyn knights (or something like that), demon worshippers, outlaw mercenary bands with huge amounts of troops, and 60 holy crusaders xD

Nopenopenopenopenope.
You should fight Divine Aethlings. They are easy to kill and you get a lot of good loot.

Lord of Shadows said:
Miyamoto-dono said:
Modder223 said:

Nopenopenopenopenope.
You should fight Divine Aethlings. They are easy to kill and you get a lot of good loot.

I had one in my party that I rescued in my first battle. Thought he'd be this badass viking warrior.. then he got owned by a high tier reich infantry in one stab to the face xD

At least I hadn't paid him yet ^^

Kill some robbers, sea raiders, then buy a knight lance and kill some wolf knights.
Wolf knights are easy to kill, because they do not have any range weapons, and a 40 men wolf knight small party only has 4-8 horsemen. Kill them all by yourself can get plenty of money and renown. Eagle knights and demon worshipers' pilgrims have crossbows which could cause a lot of damages to player and horse in the early stage. Demon worshipers' horses seem to be fast, they will get very close to player and cause some real troubles.

When get good armor and horse, foreign invaders and slavers can be ideal source of money and renown. They are lack of ranged damage, they are not heavily equipped, they are not fast enough. Face them and wipe them out alone. At this stage, eagle knights and demon worshipers also could be handled easily. Onshi's party could be another prefect target, 100+ kamikaze warriors can be easily killed if you have sufficient arrows. Tolrania valor kingsmen also could be a prefect loot source if you do not mind the relationship with the kingdom.

30% divine aethlings or assassins have crossbows, and rest of assassins have throwing weapons. Do not mess with them, war parties, demonic army and any heavy horsemen party (like Holy Crusader) unless player get an elite army.

Demonknight said:
Kill some robbers, sea raiders, then buy a knight lance and kill some wolf knights.
Wolf knights are easy to kill, because they do not have any range weapons, and a 40 men wolf knight small party only has 4-8 horsemen. Kill them all by yourself can get plenty of money and renown. Eagle knights and demon worshipers' pilgrims have crossbows which could cause a lot of damages to player and horse in the early stage. Demon worshipers' horses seem to be fast, they will get very close to player and cause some real troubles.

When get good armor and horse, foreign invaders and slavers can be ideal source of money and renown. They are lack of ranged damage, they are not heavily equipped, they are not fast enough. Face them and wipe them out alone. At this stage, eagle knights and demon worshipers also could be handled easily. Onshi's party could be another prefect target, 100+ kamikaze warriors can be easily killed if you have sufficient arrows. Tolrania valor kingsmen also could be a prefect loot source if you do not mind the relationship with the kingdom.

30% divine aethlings or assassins have crossbows, and rest of assassins have throwing weapons. Do not mess with them, war parties, demonic army and any heavy horsemen party (like Holy Crusader) unless player get an elite army.

Yeah, I get nervous whenever I fight the demon worshippers. The infantry are easy enough because they have very light armor, but the horsemen you have to either charge with heavy lance cav or surround with heavy infantry and knock them down. I managed to take down a group of about 25 consisting of maybe 15 of the heavy cavalry by surrounding them with overwhelming numbers of infantry. They still scared the crap out of me when they got too close, and I was very careful, but if you use a decent mace, you can take them down yourself.

During early stage, never hire tier 1 or 2 units, just try to rescue elite units. Low tier units need lots experiences and money to upgrade. Be alone is a good choice, if you have confidence in your skill.

In this mod, crossbowmen cannot match bowmen. Illica rangers could be a very good choice, they are relative cheap, equipped with accurate bow, and mounted. Cav archers can get to good position quickly, and not as vulnerable as foot archers.

Demonknight said:
During early stage, never hire tier 1 or 2 units, just try to rescue elite units. Low tier units need lots experiences and money to upgrade. Be alone is a good choice, if you have confidence in your skill.

In this mod, crossbowmen cannot match bowmen. Illica rangers could be a very good choice, they are relative cheap, equipped with accurate bow, and mounted. Cav archers can get to good position quickly, and not as vulnerable as foot archers.

I don't really like horse archers. Isn't their accuracy lower than foot archers?

Demonknight said:
Illica rangers could be a very good choice, they are relative cheap, equipped with accurate bow, and mounted. Cav archers can get to good position quickly, and not as vulnerable as foot archers.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:  :evil: :evil: :evil: Not anymore.

Miyamoto-dono said:
Demonknight said:

I don't really like horse archers. Isn't their accuracy lower than foot archers?
Horse Archers can became your best friends in some cases. For instance, if you unitize the Tolranian Horse Archers to their capabilities you can do some pretty nice things. Yes they won't rain fire down on enemies but they have good horses and decant army and they can be a nuisance to other cavalry.

Beginning: Run down bandits with calvalry and blunt weapons, take as much loot and prisioners to sell, after I get a party of around 15 troops with a half-decent rank I start hunting deserters which are basically well-equiped bandits, never get party upkeed to high to avoid unecessary waste of wages since you don't need a big party for bandits.

Midgame: Big bounties in taverns, they spawn a decent prey for you right next to the city.

Lategame: Too busy being awesome for money.

LukeFerreira said:
Beginning: Run down bandits with calvalry and blunt weapons, take as much loot and prisioners to sell, after I get a party of around 15 troops with a half-decent rank I start hunting deserters which are basically well-equiped bandits, never get party upkeed to high to avoid unecessary waste of wages since you don't need a big party for bandits.

Midgame: Big bounties in taverns, they spawn a decent prey for you right next to the city.

Most of the time I do those sorts of quests (big bounty, fighting infidels of the new gods, etc.) they never spawn. It seems to be random whether they do or don't.

Miyamoto-dono said:
LukeFerreira said:

Most of the time I do those sorts of quests (big bounty, fighting infidels of the new gods, etc.) they never spawn. It seems to be random whether they do or don't.

They don't always spawn at eyesight within the city's walls, sometimes you need to walk around a bit to find them, problem with this is that other parties might chase them down and cattle them away from the city or even kill them.

Always save before a quest.

Miyamoto-dono said:
Demonknight said:

F1F2 move to good position, than F1F1 hold the position.
Consider them as foot archers but move faster.

Back
Top Bottom