Persistent Colony *Server Hosting is being purchased*

Users who are viewing this thread

RAILHAWK

Regular
Notice: Project Cancelled  :/

Persistent_Colony
My goal is to create a server which inspires its players to role play with unique maps, game modes, and settings. I am very lenient when it comes to rules, but when it comes to my players, trolling or bullying on my server will not be taken lightly. Come on and join us.  :grin:

Server Rules and Standards:
1. No rdming.
2. NRR- No revenge after death.
3. No bullying.
4. Outlaws are KOS because outlaw system is unrealistic and is not done by the players. They are KOS in towns and cities but not openly. They are also KOS anytime by the main village faction. Ex: Glunmar
5. Have fun the rest is up to you.
6. (Standard) No metagaming- I'm not going to stop you but it makes the game play poor.
7. (Standard) Roleplaying- resume the positon of the person you're playing as.
8. (Optional) Roleplaying- Use // marks to indicate out of character talking. I prefer not to.
Any conflict with the rules will result in death or a fade. Temp bans are a result of accidental rdming or misunderstanding of the rules. Perma bans only handed out to people breaking the rules on purpose to troll the server or its players.

Maps: Current map is Valley of Swamps
Valley of Swamps
River of Sorrows
A Realm Divided
Lisc. Bay
Marshes of Aurum
Great Divide
Ostdale
Avalon_NA maps
Dormarsh Mountains
Rockyhead Point
Journey
Great Hills
Skyrim
Valley of Swamps (New Version)
Eastwood
Oasis
Normandy
Borderlands
Great Divide (New and Old)
More in the Future if requested
I am a mapmaker so you can expect a lot of new maps

Character Saving:
Remember to sell all your items before you leave the server. We do not have character saving scripts. However, you will not lose any money if you log out.

Banking info:
There is no automatic banking. Your faction lord must bank for you if you are currently in control of one of the castle bank locations.There are banks located near or in every faction castle besides the commoner church faction.

Admins:
SO_RealmHawk

I'm currently looking for more long term admins. Contact me on steam if you wish to apply.

Contact Information:
Steam Name: RealmHawk
Steam Group: Persistent_Colony
Team Speak: Working on it
Website: persistentcolony.webs.com I'm still editing this. Some of the information is outdated...
Youtube Channel: RealmHawk

Sounds like the perfect server to break rules on.  Half the population will be trolls due to the worst thing that can happen to them on your server is not being able to play for 1 hour.  With no scripts, you won't get far either, in my opinion.

Froi said:
Sounds like the perfect server to break rules on.  Half the population will be trolls due to the worst thing that can happen to them on your server is not being able to play for 1 hour.  With no scripts, you won't get far either, in my opinion.

If it comes to that I will have perma bans, but I have faith that the community will control itself.

This server is far, far from being player run.

RDM sucks up like 90% of an admins time which you have a rule for. Meaning your server isn't different at all from other admin-run servers.

Austro said:
This server is far, far from being player run.

RDM sucks up like 90% of an admins time which you have a rule for. Meaning your server isn't different at all from other admin-run servers.
I took out all of the gameplay and decision making rules and only left the absolutely necessary ones in my opinion.

Examples of rules I took out:

War specific rules(not every faction was so diplomatic)

Ask for help rule-This is probably the stupidest rule of all time. Usually occurs when people are being robbed by outlaws and don't have time to ask for help. The predator often gets the help more than the victim.

No loot rule-Just the mere act of someone scavenging your friends body is enough to try and stop them. Would you go out into the middle of a war and loot someone's body?

Rob rule-you can rob as much as you want from someone; it's not like robbers would only ask for 20% of your gold.

I'm trying to remove all the rules that can be used to blame other people for rdm. That way the complaints won't be so confusing and I will most likely stop the right guy and not blame someone else for something they didn't do.

Ask for help rule-This is probably the stupidest rule of all time. Usually occurs when people are being robbed by outlaws and don't have time to ask for help. The predator often gets the help more than the victim.

Does this mean you can't help someone who is being robbed?

Does this mean you can't help someone who is being robbed?
I think it means that you don't have to ask for help if you are being robbed, so someone can help you if they want to, which is in my opinion more immersive and much better.

Heroes_Witch_King said:
I think it means that you don't have to ask for help if you are being robbed, so someone can help you if they want to, which is in my opinion more immersive and much better.

It is interesting yes; Since the one who intervenes might end up helping the wrong person, will cause a lot of drama between the 2 players who initially started fighting. This could however also spur the victim who ended up getting killed by the intervening player, to break the rules and start revenge killing. 

RAILHAWK said:
I have faith that the community will control itself.
Obviously you are new to this community, because it won't control itself.

Heroes_Witch_King said:
RAILHAWK said:
I have faith that the community will control itself.
Obviously you are new to this community, because it won't control itself.
Played since it first started. I mean the majority of the community usually controls itself with a few exceptions. Don't worry I'll still be monitoring it.

To be honest i think this server is no different then a native server just with more factions ... any way good luck hope for you best but don't get too much hope with that lack of scripts and pw server requirement ... (just saying)

JadWSamadi said:
To be honest i think this server is no different then a native server just with more factions ... any way good luck hope for you best but don't get too much hope with that lack of scripts and pw server requirement ... (just saying)
Don't worry I'm getting scripts soon...and I'm just loving all this encouragement. Thank you so much guys you're the best xD

RAILHAWK said:
JadWSamadi said:
Don't worry I'm getting scripts soon...

When you do ill gladly give it a try then :smile:

RAILHAWK said:
The server is mostly player run as bans, map changes, and other specifics will be chosen by the players soon enough.
All you need is a group of trolls logging in and vote-banning everyone on your server for the lels...

Back
Top Bottom