60 million denar starting debt?????????

Users who are viewing this thread

picklepants

Recruit
I just started a new game and after the first week it said that i had a debt of 60 million denars! I had hired maybe 50 levy and gone around killing outlaws for the first week and then that came up. How do i fix this? And there is no way i am using the 1000 denars cheat 60,000 times to fix it.

hehehe... only 60million?

4 times now I have had over 1 billion denar charges.

http://s16.postimg.org/ev5nmgkut/2billiondebt.jpg

My "fix" was to allow the current game to save, and then exit out of fullscreen and go to my .mbwarband savegames folder, then copy the last_savegame_backup.sav (not the current sg01.save or whatever) to another folder, rename it to sg00.sav (or a number that I was not using) then copy it back to the savegame folder and reload that save.

Then the error did not occur when the wages were triggered again.

You could probably just "emergency exit" without saving and reload the current closest save you had, rather than the way I do it.

Edit: for clarification.

going back to the last save works as far as taking away the huge debt but it just keeps happening. I noticed that it always happens while upgrading units. There is some bug that he needs to get fixed with that.

picklepants said:
going back to the last save works as far as taking away the huge debt but it just keeps happening. I noticed that it always happens while upgrading units. There is some bug that he needs to get fixed with that.
1. It's a visual bug in party screen, it happens when you are in town for example.
2. WSE is known to cause it as well.

Can't fix it as it's mostly hardcoded

Just had this glitch again, corrected with my fallback save again, but I did also make sure that all of my units which could be upgraded, were upgraded before payday.

I know I had the same hunch that upgrades were part of the cause, guess I'd been upgrading them during my fallback replay and failed to mention it.

I do believe that falling back to the last save and upgrading all troops before payday, should prevent it reoccurring.

I guess if short of cash, then disbanding anyone with a + beside their name would probably work as well, but would not be ideal.

Perhaps making sure that no troop needs upgrading on payday, would prevent it from ever occurring.

Teotwawki said:
Perhaps making sure that no troop needs upgrading on payday, would prevent it from ever occurring.

Gah, this is a tough one to write...

I had this glitch again, but I was sure nobody in-party needed upgrading, so I quickly exited fullscreen, and took a copy of both my last_savegame_backup.sav and my current sg00.sav

I then allowed the game to auto-save (I am playing "realistic" mode, cannot exit without saving).

I grabbed the sg00.sav that I had backed-up, the one just prior to wage-payment. Reloaded that save and nobody needed upgrading, but I did get the visual-glitch again. I then went to a village that I owned nearby and tried to recruit, but the game definitely thought I had 0 denars, not allowing me to recruit from the village.

33,216 denars seemed to be missing from my travelling-money.

I then used the last_savegame_backup.sav (luckily for me this was only a couple of game-hours behind the sg00.sav).

I went straight for the same village, rather than visiting my manor and starting a new building project (which I had done previously, just prior to payday). The party wages were then paid with no glitch occurring while travelling to that village and I was able to recruit 22 Servitium Forensicum Hastatus from the village, which during the previous save, thought I had no cash. (I'm guessing better starting troops can be gathered occasionally when a village has higher prosperity, usually I would have expected a few Nativi Pedes from this village).

For what it's worth, I now keep regular saves in backup, with names like 01LondonCamp.sav , 02PreWexford.sav , things like that; when I get to double figures, I'll start dumping the oldest and renumber them accordingly.

Not sure exactly what to say regarding avoiding this glitch... where there's a will, there's a way, I guess...

Hope this helps others, I realise this may just be a visual-glitch, but in this case it did prevent me from being able to hire a significant number of troops, perhaps by next payday it would have sorted itself out, but I was desperate to rebuild at the time (had taken a castle and dumped 230ish troops there to hold it 'til it could be given to someone).

Good luck!  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom