Key Bindings - 4-6 Order Keys

Users who are viewing this thread

K3NERT

Recruit
Does somebody know why the 4-6 order keys still appear as F4-F6 even though I've changed them?
4f5ac67069e8cc4d864eb153669f7cf6.png

d80f6bd8bccc27b733d64d635b735517.png

I'd really appreciate a fix for them.

Currently playing Floris Extended 2.54, planning to install 2.55.

Hanakoganei said:
Dunno sorry. I've been using the default keybindings for so long that I didn't even know you could actually change those.
I like when the order keys can be used while still maintaining the ability to move around / fight simultaneously, which doesn't seem possible to me with the default keybindings. Do you perhaps know someone who might be able to help?
FYI -- this is a cosmetic bug. The keys function but the wrong keys appearing in the order menu is confusing.

I'll see if I can help later. I'll have to look around the mod source files (Dev Suite) to try to find where that is. I've never tampered with it so I dunno off the top of my head. I can't do it now since I'm just taking a break from something and decided to check forums lol.

If nobody else answers before I get back and have free time to check it out for you, I'll try to post a quick tutorial on how to fix it yourself. It'll probably require recompiling the source files, but let's see if we can make a .txt tweak of it or something. We'll know later.

Okay so I took a look at the files and I can't find why it's like that. The processed .txt shows that it should be variable, and I don't know which source files compiles into quick_strings.txt. Quick searching through them in Notepad++, I can't find any "weapon_orders" or "weapon orders" strings, but I may have overlooked it.

Hanakoganei said:
Okay so I took a look at the files and I can't find why it's like that. The processed .txt shows that it should be variable, and I don't know which source files compiles into quick_strings.txt. Quick searching through them in Notepad++, I can't find any "weapon_orders" or "weapon orders" strings, but I may have overlooked it.
Perhaps this is an issue with Warband rather than Floris?
Btw, I appreciate all the help you're giving, thanks. But I'm honestly amazed that no one has complained about this, atleast to my knowledge. Surely I'm not the only one who changes keybindings in Warband.. :razz:

Possibly a Warband issue however Floris and mods in general are supposed to overwrite whatever Warband does that isn't bound to the engine. That said it might actually be bound to the engine. D:

Personally I'm kinda used to using function keys while moving with WASD because of other games I used to play, especially FPS games and MMORPGs.

I guess for now just be glad that it's only cosmetic and the key bindings actually work. It'd suck if that didn't and would merit a report to Warband devs.

Hanakoganei said:
Possibly a Warband issue however Floris and mods in general are supposed to overwrite whatever Warband does that isn't bound to the engine. That said it might actually be bound to the engine. D:

Personally I'm kinda used to using function keys while moving with WASD because of other games I used to play, especially FPS games and MMORPGs.

I guess for now just be glad that it's only cosmetic and the key bindings actually work. It'd suck if that didn't and would merit a report to Warband devs.
Thanks for the help anyways. I'll leave this thread here just to see if maybe somebody else knows what the problem could be.

Back
Top Bottom