Loaned a companion to a lord, he declared war on me, companion gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Bwar

Recruit
As the title says, i loaned a companion to a neutral lord, his faction declared war on me, the mission failed, cant find my companion anywhere. Its been several in game weeks. The traveller at the tavern doesnt have their name listed, report entry only says whereabouts unknown. Am i screwed or do i just have to wait longer?

Yeah it was the king of the vaegirs, he said nothing about my companion and offered me a new quest to deliver a letter after i made peace.

Find a traveler in a tavern, and ask him for the location of your companion.
He might be hanging in a town, waiting.
OR ask a ransom broker if he can ransom your companion, maybe he's being held captive (this is more unlikely).

In my experience these companions will show up again after several weeks, if not months. I once had a companion show up again about 8 months later.

If it were me though I'd just revert to a save from before I lent the companion, if nothing really important happened between then and now, and if you actually like the companion enough. Then again I don't lend companions I actually like. It's not worth losing an important party member to gain a slight amount of relation and coins.

Thanks for the replies. Sadly i was dumb enough to lend my medic and i have no save to go back on. There is no entry for them to ransom or to find with the traveler. No more loaning companions for me.

I save in a different slot every week or so. If we're at peace and/or nothing is happening I switch to a new slot when something major happens. I also give the saves intuitive names like "Before Siege" or something like that so I know what I'm jumping back into if I have to reload an earlier save.

I've been playing Warband so long that it's become a habit. It's not a very polished game but it's fun lol.

Finally got my companions back, i was poking through my reports menu and under my companion missions area it said the missing companions were trying to rejoin party, whereabouts unknown. About a day after i read the report they finally came backm almost at the same time. Might help other people to try this if they have the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom