D'shar raiders keeps spawning like crazy

Users who are viewing this thread

I was rewarded a fief called Rafsarjan given by my D'shar king. The problem is.. I've killed more than a thousand of these fools and they popping up! A lair will be set up nearby where my village is after a single day. Is that how it's suppose to work? It's pretty annoying. How do I solve this? How can I join wars if I have to deal with these freaking raiders everyday and every night. I have already destroyed their lairs, around 7 of them in total. All of them spawned near my village in a span of a day after destroying one.. how unrealistic is that.

please help! I want to enjoy the mod.

They´re a deliberate pain in the arse, and annoying like hell.
Which is the reason why you don´t get property in that infested area. And if you´re pulling the unlucky card like you did, quickly train up the steward, build the sheriff and send out a couple of local militas.

The villages in that area will usually be the poorest around (and since the player always gets the poorest village wait till a more prospering one was looted before you sign up) due to bandits constantly chasing your farmers around.
Otherwise, they´re great for training companions and their lair is one of the easiest ones.
So just forget about them and ride off to war. Soon enough, the bandits will carry enough peasant prisoners to be slowed down enough for your peasant parties to outrun them.

And once you return, you can easily get 20-50 fresh recruits off their hands.

Villages do not really matter - their income is too low, so it is better to invest in better relations with villages nearby the town you want to conquer. Just try to conquer the town, which got besieged. Or get keeps or castles and ask if you can keep them.

In my game, the Dshar got plumpled pretty hard, but I helped them. Now I own Janos and Javik, two castles and that same crappy village of yours haha... The only town that I don't have is Windholm, that one was granted to someone else. I try to get one castle more and rebel once I get Ethos.

A prospering village with fullily built gives you ~2,5k denarii per week - without the need to pay a garrison.
Looking after them is definetly worth it, just like grooming every location you own is worth it.

noosers said:
A prospering village with fullily built gives you ~2,5k denarii per week - without the need to pay a garrison.
Looking after them is definetly worth it, just like grooming every location you own is worth it.

Oww, I did not know that. If so, then indeed it might be a good investment! :smile:

I detest that the enemy lord sometimes travel half the earth just to lay down on my puny village, whereas castle/town they never much touch.

I don't know if this is actually the reason, it just seems to be the reason, but it seems like they do it if you're just destroying them.  They are trying to cut your income off so you have less troops to field an army, thus can't roll through them, I'm playing as a Sarleon vassal right now and haven't really been doing much to our enemies, and my village hasn't gotten touched once.  Yet other times I've hit every vassal I can find that I know I can win against, and they constantly target my village.  Again just seems that way, may not be though

AlphaOmega said:
I don't know if this is actually the reason, it just seems to be the reason, but it seems like they do it if you're just destroying them.  They are trying to cut your income off so you have less troops to field an army, thus can't roll through them, I'm playing as a Sarleon vassal right now and haven't really been doing much to our enemies, and my village hasn't gotten touched once.  Yet other times I've hit every vassal I can find that I know I can win against, and they constantly target my village.  Again just seems that way, may not be though

That might be true, they laid waste to my village when I did destroy them almost.

Train up a **** ton of mid tier troops, have the village spit out a **** ton of militias and place those **** ton of mid tier troops in them. By the time I'm ready to take over Pendor, all my villages have at least 3 militias with 150+ actual Soldiers, mercs etc, and have a total of almost 300 troops each. My villages are safe as castles. Militias are also an awesome way to cut down troop wages since all you gotta do is keep accepting quests from the village elder and you can spawn militia groups over and over.

Whitestrake said:
Train up a **** ton of mid tier troops, have the village spit out a **** ton of militias and place those **** ton of mid tier troops in them. By the time I'm ready to take over Pendor, all my villages have at least 3 militias with 150+ actual Soldiers, mercs etc, and have a total of almost 300 troops each. My villages are safe as castles. Militias are also an awesome way to cut down troop wages since all you gotta do is keep accepting quests from the village elder and you can spawn militia groups over and over.

Interesting idea, I never tried it, so what you mean is to train troops and talk to the spawned militia group and put your units in their group?

AAAAAAND thats why numenor usually genocides every bandit they see.... Numenor has strict policies with race rules. Bandits usually rape and pilllage, for that instance one of our high counselors decreeded to use the new numenorean invented gas chamber to deport every caught bandit to it, instead of selling it to ramun the slave trader the gassed dead bandit would then proceed to be used as wood and through noldor magic processed into the finest soap instead of harvesting the noldor forest and this would cause peace and cleanliness with the noldor once and for all, since the wars are all about natural ressources and diseases caused by unwashed people.  Then no one would need to fight and everyone, aside the bandits would be happy and peaceful :3

pino_warrior said:
Whitestrake said:

Interesting idea, I never tried it, so what you mean is to train troops and talk to the spawned militia group and put your units in their group?
Pretty much. You can turn your militia groups into minor armies that way. One time I had 6 Militias With 150+ each and a Lord came to raid my village and my militia army was close to 700 and stomped him. Be advised, after the militia troop exceeds 100, you can no longer give reinforcements until the number drops below 100 again.

Training up a village or town is almost never worth it and here is why:

Yes, at maximum quality a village can spit out about 3k denars a week. I found out that if you have everything maximized and made sure every single villager made it to their destination, you can get a destitute village up to the maximum(Opulent I think?) in something like 2 months (7-8 paydays). The problem is that you must be able to maintain that growth unopposed and as soon as war breaks out, all of your investments go to waste. When a lord 'visits' your village, the wealth level drops almost immediately, even if they do not succeed in completing the pillage I have noticed that the village wealth drop a level immediately afterwards. Also, war means more bandits and less patrolling lords, if enough villagers gets intercepted the wealth level will also drops. So unless you can be sure that your village will not get raided AND you can consistently patrol it with 3+ patrol groups (it needs to be small, medium and large, with the largest capable to dealing with small lord parties  to ensure that the patrol is effective. If you just place one or two large patrols they wont' be able to chase down anything). Finally, there is the fact that your patrols do not extend far enough to protect your villagers the whole way - which means they could still be waylaid despite your best efforts. Of course, patrols are not free - I find that I need to replace my patrols about every 2 months or so, even if you only fill it up with medium level troops, you still need to spend a good 1-2k denars on each patrol just to make sure that they don't die (it's another 1k if they do).

And then there is the upgrade system: total cost of all upgrades is 126,000 denars for a village(157k for a town). The income difference between a destitute village and a opulent one is about 1500-2000 denars/wk(about 3k for at town, my poor as hell towns usually earns about 3k apiece, while I've seen 8k or higher for opulent ones. however, towns don't usually drop to destitute even if you ignore the hell out of it, trade caravans are harder to intercept than villagers). the payback period then is between 84 wks and 63 wks: 588 days to 441 days. It means it takes nearly an entire campaign to offset the cost of your village improvements before you make a profit - assuming all else goes perfectly. Take into account build skill and you can cut that down to about 1/2 (or 1/4 if the PC actually invests in engineering) - still around 100-200 days at the absolute BEST cast scenario. In comparison, the most efficient enterprises cost between 10k-12k denars and yield about 400-600g a wk, with a payback of 20 wks. This is nearly 10 times more efficient than the best possible scenario for a village. Of course, these improvements are not 'build and forget', if your village gets raided OR if your town gets besieged, they have a chance to get destroyed, and must be repaired at a hefty cost. Pay back times are also significantly longer if you let your villagers/trade parties get intercepted, the calculation is made as if you complete your construction all overnight and the wealth level immediately skyrockets to opulent. It is almost impossible for a town or village to payback the investment you've made into it during the course of a normal game, at least not doing so in a worthwhile fashion. 

Keep in mind that the effective return rate of a town infrastructure upgrade is somewhere around .5% and 1% per week of invested time. The question you should ask then is this: can i get more out of my denars by buying 'useful' things like troops and equipment than .5-1% rate of return? If yes(and this should almost always be yes), then you do NOT invest in villages.

Let your villages burn, let the bandits rape and pillage your trade parties and let your kingdom fall to ruin. Because lets face it, it simply isn't worth your time to care.

bobknight said:

Yes, at maximum quality a village can spit out about 3k denars a week. I found out that if you have everything maximized and made sure every single villager made it to their destination, you can get a destitute village up to the maximum(Opulent I think?) in something like 2 months (7-8 paydays). The problem is that you must be able to maintain that growth unopposed and as soon as war breaks out, all of your investments go to waste. When a lord 'visits' your village, the wealth level drops almost immediately, even if they do not succeed in completing the pillage I have noticed that the village wealth drop a level immediately afterwards. Also, war means more bandits and less patrolling lords, if enough villagers gets intercepted the wealth level will also drops. So unless you can be sure that your village will not get raided AND you can consistently patrol it with 3+ patrol groups (it needs to be small, medium and large, with the largest capable to dealing with small lord parties  to ensure that the patrol is effective. If you just place one or two large patrols they wont' be able to chase down anything). Finally, there is the fact that your patrols do not extend far enough to protect your villagers the whole way - which means they could still be waylaid despite your best efforts. Of course, patrols are not free - I find that I need to replace my patrols about every 2 months or so, even if you only fill it up with medium level troops, you still need to spend a good 1-2k denars on each patrol just to make sure that they don't die (it's another 1k if they do).

And then there is the upgrade system: total cost of all upgrades is 126,000 denars for a village(157k for a town). The income difference between a destitute village and a opulent one is about 1500-2000 denars/wk(about 3k for at town, my poor as hell towns usually earns about 3k apiece, while I've seen 8k or higher for opulent ones. however, towns don't usually drop to destitute even if you ignore the hell out of it, trade caravans are harder to intercept than villagers). the payback period then is between 84 wks and 63 wks: 588 days to 441 days. It means it takes nearly an entire campaign to offset the cost of your village improvements before you make a profit - assuming all else goes perfectly. Take into account build skill and you can cut that down to about 1/2 (or 1/4 if the PC actually invests in engineering) - still around 100-200 days at the absolute BEST cast scenario. In comparison, the most efficient enterprises cost between 10k-12k denars and yield about 400-600g a wk, with a payback of 20 wks. This is nearly 10 times more efficient than the best possible scenario for a village. Of course, these improvements are not 'build and forget', if your village gets raided OR if your town gets besieged, they have a chance to get destroyed, and must be repaired at a hefty cost. Pay back times are also significantly longer if you let your villagers/trade parties get intercepted, the calculation is made as if you complete your construction all overnight and the wealth level immediately skyrockets to opulent. It is almost impossible for a town or village to payback the investment you've made into it during the course of a normal game, at least not doing so in a worthwhile fashion. 

Keep in mind that the effective return rate of a town infrastructure upgrade is somewhere around .5% and 1% per week of invested time. The question you should ask then is this: can i get more out of my denars by buying 'useful' things like troops and equipment than .5-1% rate of return? If yes(and this should almost always be yes), then you do NOT invest in villages.

Let your villages burn, let the bandits rape and pillage your trade parties and let your kingdom fall to ruin. Because lets face it, it simply isn't worth your time to care.

Haha.. I had the same idea,  but not so specific with your calculations.

I always find it strange, that going merc for kingdom brings up so much more revenue than actually being king/vassal of few towns. I mean, if they could hire and pay you, I'm pretty sure that as owner you should earn more.

Isn't that a bit against the logic?

How would you advise getting money in late-game?

Most of us make use of the battle-calc, thus putting tons of cheap units in garrison, but that is breaking the game mechanics tbh?

pino_warrior said:

I always find it strange, that going merc for kingdom brings up so much more revenue than actually being king/vassal of few towns. I mean, if they could hire and pay you, I'm pretty sure that as owner you should earn more.

Most of us make use of the battle-calc, thus putting tons of cheap units in garrison, but that is breaking the game mechanics tbh?

For late game there are two ways to make money:

1. Give all of your vassals the towns/castles and keep the villages (then proceed to ignore the hell out of them). No garrison means no upkeeps. Just keep 1 or 2 towns to stash your items/troops in.

2. Keep the towns but have minimal garrison, keep about 200-300 elite knights (EBKs and shadow legion are best for this) as mobile garrison. Move your troops to where they are needed when they are needed. I've mentioned elsewhere in the forums the rational behind this strategy - AI is stupid and can't keep up with your siege efficiency, you don't even need to defend your towns most of the time and just skirmish with a 10 pt engineer in your team. By the time they take 1 town/city, you've gotten 4. again, zero garrison equals zero upkeep. 

bobknight said:
Troll much? Ha, you can go ahead and let yours burn, my villages practically worship me and give me 20 legionnaires and armored crossbowman at a time. The army with the best recruitment will always win over those that don't.

Your gonna lose buddy.

Whitestrake said:
bobknight said:
Troll much? Ha, you can go ahead and let yours burn, my villages practically worship me and give me 20 legionnaires and armored crossbowman at a time. The army with the best recruitment will always win over those that don't.

Your gonna lose buddy.

Recruitment numbers are completely independent of wealth. You are less likely to get top tier troops if your village is destitute, but you will still get tons of medium to high quality troops regardless of prosperity. I believe the formula is something like n/4+6= total potential recruits. where n= relations. Quality of troop scales with happiness(mostly), not with prosperity, I believe the formula for that is simply every 20 relations or so it increases by 1 rank. The wealth of the village dictates the potential for getting maximum tier troops but if your relations are high enough, the probability of getting high tier troops increases regardless of wealth. Finally, it seems to me that the number of troop is inversely related to the quality, for those of us who places a high emphasis on getting high level trainers the number of troops matter more than the quality. If you can get any number of empire citizens to legionaries in 7 days, you would much prefer 100 citizens than 5 legionaries. 

If you believe I am 'trolling', kindly provide justified reasoning behind your assertion.

Edit: Apologies, the formula is apparently n/2+6.

bobknight said:
pino_warrior said:

For late game there are two ways to make money:

1. Give all of your vassals the towns/castles and keep the villages (then proceed to ignore the hell out of them). No garrison means no upkeeps. Just keep 1 or 2 towns to stash your items/troops in.

2. Keep the towns but have minimal garrison, keep about 200-300 elite knights (EBKs and shadow legion are best for this) as mobile garrison. Move your troops to where they are needed when they are needed. I've mentioned elsewhere in the forums the rational behind this strategy - AI is stupid and can't keep up with your siege efficiency, you don't even need to defend your towns most of the time and just skirmish with a 10 pt engineer in your team. By the time they take 1 town/city, you've gotten 4. again, zero garrison equals zero upkeep.

Thanks, I had your 2nd option in my gameplay, although my garrison was filled to 1000 (two towns and one castle) and that's why I was running low on money haha.

I restarted my game with an import character. I want to try another tactic :smile: Going to Empire this time.

Back
Top Bottom