Brytenwalda Realism Mod 0.5

Users who are viewing this thread

doodeeda said:
Does this mod not work with Repolished? It crashes when I overwrite the three files once it loads the map when starting a new game.

The original post was last edited about a month before Repolished was even proposed, so that's a good sign that it's not compatible :wink:.  Try it without the replacing the troops.txt, Brujoloco added new troops so that might be your problem.

I wanted to use Repolished and Realism together too, so I've combined Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05 with Brytenwalda Realism Mod 0.5. Here's what I've done:

Troops.txt:
Used Repolished's names, some troop equipment (cloaks and such), and companion equipment. Used Realism's troop stats, changes to elite troop inventory (no spears), and companion stats.

Items_kinds1.txt:
Used Repolished's names, horse sizing, and unique items. Used Realism for damage, armor values, prices, everything else.

Skills.txt:
Directly from Realism, no change.

Module.ini:
Change this one yourself as recommended in the Realism Mod thread.
armor_soak_factor_against_cut      = 0.75
armor_soak_factor_against_pierce    = 0.50
armor_soak_factor_against_blunt    = 0.30

armor_reduction_factor_against_cut      = 0.80
armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce    = 0.40
armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt    = 0.65

I also recommend Kraggrim's SubSubMod available here:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,316790.msg7602500.html#msg7602500.

All credit goes to Brujoloco for Repolished and Ajaxjs for Realism. All I did was make them play nice together. I'm not a modder and I don't intend to add features or fix major bugs. That said, feel free to let me know how it works and if there are any minor issues (misspellings, weird stats, etc) I can take a look at. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q1n1v43p8ez0dti/AABVrxFVwLzsFVXGCx608xoea?dl=0

I've been following this thread and am delighted to see your link with dropbox.
Is this your entire mod?
Does it include Kraggin's mod or build on top?
Do you have any other files you've been working on.
I too hope we can put up a more playable version of Repolished.
I am working on a skills buff submod that allows party skills to go beyond the 10 limit.
I'll share when I figure out.
I need to find a spreadsheet program that doesn't have the rounding limitations of excel.

ajaxjs said:
Finally, and I'll make this post as an addendum because the first one is huge, and this is slightly off topic and there's no way around it...

Both the Supply Wagon and the Mystic Merchant feel like cheating to me.

Supply wagon thoughts - The supply wagon in particular, allows you to store an almost unlimited number of troops and prisoners, then pull them out of thin air whenever you need them. I got in the habit of zipping around the map with just my companions, and unpacking a tailor made warband for each encounter, with 300-400 troops stashed there. I also had something like ~120 dena pirate prisoners, that I would periodically take ten from and hire them.

I also would individually hire ship captains or caravan masters, who were well worth the -10 morale hit, and would eventually concede no matter how many times they refused you asking.

The supply wagon also somewhat ruins the game's economy, by allowing you to hoover up every battlefield, sell all your crap despite towns being out of scillingas or space for more items, and keep an infinite number of prisoners. Not to mention carry a more or less unlimited number of supplies. With the wagon, I could jump on a ship and land with 500 men and plenty of supplies in Ireland. I was able to amass more than a hundred thousand scillingas in savings after about a month of having the wagon. And I'd say that about 75,000 of it came from being able to sell everything without limits, and storing prisoners.

Without the wagon, I find the lair MUCH more useful as a place to store troops and food, and getting a castle or village near where you expand, or keeping a supply depot is very important. It's also important, with big armies, to forego carrying too many horses or spare weapons in your inventory, and stocking up with food if you intend to win a siege. You can't just zip to a location, then unpack your army once you get there. And again, it makes lairs, castle, village and household storage much more useful.

Yes. It is a little bit annoying to have to babysit clerics, caravan masters, whores and spies (lair helps with that, but caravan masters seem destined to death). Who I would ordinarily put in the supply wagon space. But even though the wagon has some good points, its just too abusable, and I guess I'm too weak to keep from abusing it. So I don't build it anymore. It just feels like the game's economy was intended to function by not letting you get full value from every item of loot and every prisoner. And at least now, it pays to invest in inventory management...which I think already is supposed to represent your 'supply train'.

This would work if the supply wagon was better at dumping all your troops and prisoners into your main party upon leaving the screen, but it doesn't currently work. And there's still the problem with selling all the battlefield detritus long past when most towns should be able to support it. There's also a fun bug where it will sporadically duplicate your prisoners, if you have too many of them and add them to your actual army as troops. That's how I got a surprise gift of 68 geogoth seaxa.

Mystic merchants thoughts - It's just outright cheating, and a lamentable inclusion. I no longer buy anything from the armorer or weaponsmith. Only from the mystic merchant, where I might get a tempered or balanced weapon at a fraction of the cost. I hate this guy, and I hate what he does to the game, but I can't stop using him. I wish I knew how to remove him, so that I'd actually feel tempted, someday, to spend money in the armorer or weaponsmith again.

If there is a way to remove the merchant from the game, without having to recompile everything in python, please let me know.

Hey, I have a suggestion for you. While I mostly agree with you, the late game balance can be very tough and some cheating may even help it, say, when you have to face 2000-3000 enemy AI's campaign armies and lose 20000-50000 scillingas a week as kingdom expences. What if enable supply wagon only for a player as a faction ruler? I believe once the player can dispatch patrols, caravans and marshals, having able to have prsoner or loot trains will still be immersive and adequate.

Still, I've never built a wagon myself and I can't imagine how this 'troop zipping' or unlimited marketplace money work. Those issues sound like something that should be ultimately fixed, indeed.

gdwitt said:
I've been following this thread and am delighted to see your link with dropbox.
Is this your entire mod?
Does it include Kraggin's mod or build on top?
Do you have any other files you've been working on.
I too hope we can put up a more playable version of Repolished.
I am working on a skills buff submod that allows party skills to go beyond the 10 limit.
I'll share when I figure out.
I need to find a spreadsheet program that doesn't have the rounding limitations of excel.

1. This is the whole mod but it requires Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05. Just extract the 3 files and overwrite.
2. Kraggan's mod is not included.
3. Not working on anything else at the moment.

Glad to hear you're working on it too. Hope you enjoy!

Has anyone noticed this bug?
I believe it started once I inserted Kraggim's Jan 7 mod.
When I press notes in the campaign screen, then press locations, nothing is listed.
This is pretty central to the game for many questions require you to locate a town in a far distant part of the aisles.
Is there a way to fix this?
It seems the towns are loading correctly, which would make Parties.txt not the problem.
Is there some list that links to this file or that has an independent list?
Your help would be appreciated.

I started up my clean repolsihed 1.05 + kraggrim (jan 7th) subsubmod, that problem doesn't happen there.  And none of hey1784's files should conflict with it, at the very least not with the menus. I have zero idea of how that bug has happened  :shock:

Some elements of the subsubmod aren't save-compatible, but there weren't be bugs from it that I noticed. Can you start a new game and see if it's still missing the locations?

gdwitt said:
Two more pointers to help you fix this:
1) The towns are still present and the map is working fine.
2) This problem is not an issue when I pull up save games that had started on a base game that did not include your mod.
3) In addition to the "no locations" problem, there is also a frequent crash after I speak to the merchant and enter the campaign map for the first time.
I think they're related.
I just did a fresh repolished 1.05 installation, added hey1784's realism combiner, then added my jan7th subsubmod over the top.  I don't get either of these bugs.
F8CNR.jpg

4) I have tested and found this problem on Repolished 1.05, Bryt 141 and Bryt compiled from the module system.
I might be misunderstanding here, but I should note that my submod won't work with anything but repolished 1.05 (and I think the realism combiner, not tested much though).

5) there are no files missing in any of these mod "platforms."
Your submod adds several new towns somehow? Maybe that's  an issue.
Just checked and the number of parties in my new parties file is the same as ever, so that shouldn't be it.

I think you said you were installing the non-standalone (smaller) repolished 1.05 over a 1.41 installation. Could you download the (bigger) standalone and try that? Maybe redownload my subsubmod too. It's not a great solution but when I can't reproduce the bug there's not much I can do :sad:.

Can anyone else confirm whether they have or have not seen these bugs?

Maybe there's a corruption in the download.
I extracted the full 1.05 download just now and applied your mod without hey's mod.
I got a major graphic interface error:
Unrecognized Module_info directive =  network_compatible . Skipping.
Unrecognized Module_info directive =  hide_other_mod_servers . Skipping.
Unrecognized Module_info directive =  ground_weapon_collision . Skipping.
Unrecognized Module_info directive =  use_missile_damage_type . Skipping.
Unrecognized Module_info directive =  allow_unset_script_params . Skipping.

} //Processing Ini File Finished
Loading Music...
Loading Textures...
Finished Loading Textures...
L8 Format is  supported
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_medium
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_far
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_bullet_hit_body
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_player_hit_by_bullet
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_launch
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_dives_into_water
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_troop_upgrades_button_clicked
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_character_screen_requested
Loading Module...
Loading item kinds...
Loading dialogs...
Loading mission templates...
Loading party templates...
loading time:  72905

rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_tutorial_button" in game_variables.txt
rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_start_new_game_button" in game_variables.txt
rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_resume_game_button" in game_variables.txt
rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_multiplayer_button" in game_variables.txt
rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_custom_battle_button" in game_variables.txt
rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_options_button" in game_variables.txt
rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_credits_button" in game_variables.txt
rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_quit_button" in game_variables.txt
rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_game_logo" in game_variables.txt
rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_version_info" in game_variables.txt Finished All...

Frame# : 12963
Saving options...  OK!
Exiting network manager...  OK!
Deleting resources...  OK!
Exiting physics manager...  OK!

num rt_material : <c: r  0 > / <c: y 0 >

Render Target Format Usages:

Dumping resource usage information:
#Full textures:  0
#RT textures:  0
#RT materials:  0
#RT Memory usage:  0
Exiting graphics manager...  OK!

I'm pretty sure this is the full version of 1.05 because I played several days with no errors while I tested skill limits.
Errors in rgl? no
Locations present? yes

Then I added Hey12's version of realism and tested.
No errors and yes locations.

Then I added the Kraggrim submod, but got those errors in a new game.
Assuming the game didn't crash after leaving the merchant, I would see the new map with the nice icons for towns.
However, when given quests, I noticed there was no location list.
I saved and reententered and still no location list.

My prior save game where I tested repolished only worked and had a full list of locations.
I don't recall if they were the upgraded locations.

I downloaded the moddb version of 1.05 STANDALONE.
Test ok.
Then I copied the contents of KragmodforRepolished1.05Jan7th into the folder and allowed it to overwrite the contents in STANDALONE.
Startup was a blank screen with the silhouette of the bearded warrior we always see.

Here's the middle of the RGL file (I'm saving these):
Unrecognized Module_info directive =  allow_unset_script_params . Skipping.

} //Processing Ini File Finished
Loading Music...
Loading Textures...
Finished Loading Textures...
L8 Format is  supported
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_medium
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_far
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_bullet_hit_body
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_player_hit_by_bullet
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_launch
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_dives_into_water
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_troop_upgrades_button_clicked
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_character_screen_requested
Loading Module...
Loading item kinds...
Loading dialogs...
Loading mission templates...
Loading party templates...
loading time:  69977

rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_tutorial_button" in game_variables.txt
rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_start_new_game_button" in game_variables.txt
rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_resume_game_button" in game_variables.txt
rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_multiplayer_button" in game_variables.txt
rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_custom_battle_button" in game_variables.txt
rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_options_button" in game_variables.txt
rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_credits_button" in game_variables.txt
rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_quit_button" in game_variables.txt
rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_game_logo" in game_variables.txt
rgl_post_warning_line: Could not find any definition for GUI widget "initial_version_info" in game_variables.txt Finished All...

Frame# : 9762
Saving options...  OK!
Exiting network manager...  OK!
Deleting resources...  OK!
Exiting physics manager...  OK!

num rt_material : <c: r  0 > / <c: y 0 >

Render Target Format Usages:

Dumping resource usage information:
#Full textures:  0
#RT textures:  0
#RT materials:  0
#RT Memory usage:  0
Exiting graphics manager...  OK!

This is just so weird, don't understand how we're getting different results here.  Try applying my mod but without the parties and/pr map-icons files maybe, see what happens. I'll try re-uploading my submod later on and message you. We should probably move to the repolished thread though, as this doesn't seem to be a realism-mod problem.

I downloaded the mod again from Nexus.
This time, I added the new "Game Variables" file from Native that gets me around the rgl error.
I added all of Kragmod except party, party variables parties and menus.
Started game.
Old save lacked locations, but no crash.
New game had locations listed!
I then added the three txt files omitted above.
Started game.
Game worked for the save and for the new game.
So maybe there is an interaction problem between hey1784 and Krag'smod.
I will test with loading hey's mod 2nd in order and report back.

That one worked.
The last step I tried was loading my old TweakMB mod I've used in past editions.
THAT caused the location crash.

There seems to be a conflict between my old Tweaks and your mod.
Yesterday and today I set up in this order:
1) unpack Repolished. Test.
2) Apply Hey1784. test
3) Apply Krag. Forgot to test.
4) Apply my tweakmb template.
Play.
I got no locations.
I replicatd it again today.
When I reversed TweakMB yesterday, my locations did not recover.
When I reversed TweakMB just now, my locations were back.
I just have to figure out which tweak is causing the conflict.
Which text file do you think would cause no locations to show when I pressed Notes>locations?

gdwitt said:
Which text file do you think would cause no locations to show when I pressed Notes>locations?

Eh, dunno, it's not something I remember seeing.  I'd guess something to do with menus or maybe parties (as in locations), but it's hard to say. Glad your on track to solving it though.

I tested one text file at a time.
The problem arises here: 513: find_travel_location -1

I compared findtravelocation in both versions and they are identical.

The tweak works fine by itself.
What lines did you change that you recall?

Did you recall doing something here or here:
give_center_to_lord

I have a new version of tweak running that removes changes to village improvements and prosperity. It is running your mod and 1.05 without the findlocation problem.

game_get_party_companion_limit2 -1

I'm sorry but I don't remember making changes to any of those things. When you're combining code editing and text editing and separate tweakMB changes it could probably happen by accident quite easily.

Which tweakMB tweak specifically seems to be causing the location list loss?

I am currently using 1.05 repolished without any other submods, and as said on your post I just put the files to the Brytenwalda folder.
I launched it and made character but as soon as clicked tab key to get out of the merchant's house[/i][/i] I got "Mount&Blade have stopped working" message that I saw fifteen times because I tried that much.
What would I possibly have done wrong about it?
If you could, please give me an answer, I'm eager to play this mod :sad:
Sorry for my bad English if you had any problems understanding this text, thanks.

hey1784, you need to uncheck the 'overswing musket' box for your polearms using MB Barracks. That should fix the animation problem.

Back
Top Bottom