The Nostalgia Thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Carlos Danger said:
Reminds me of those Wizardry games that I bought and never got round to playing

And that's really,REALLY a shame. My favourites are 6 and 8, but in all honesty, I liked all of them. Especially VIII has a crazy level of party  and character customization. Over 20 proffesions(classes), ability to change class later in game, very good variety of skills and abilities, spells and Scools of Magic. Those latter, in fact are enough to brighten the day of any Rpg player. You can specialize in one school, two schools or be a good all around but not perfect. That goes for combat skills, Rangers could become very good in melee weapons, too, but not perfect with anything, for example or choose to specialize in a combination(bow+sword, axe or spear and all that with throwing weapons). I really cannot recommend this game enough.

I can add Dead Poets Society from the "serious" ones and Jakob the Liar and Good Will Hunting.
As for the non serious ones, Jumanji and yes, Flubber, I like it. And if you can, see Hamlet. He plays Joric, but I remembered the film in general, it is very good film, with Kenneth Brannagh as Hamlet and his father(I think?) is Brian Blessed. But anyway, very good film.

Also, Robin Williams was the Genie in Aladdin and the Return of Jaffar. I didn't know that, but probably because I have seen the greek dubbed version. Still, that guy's movies were so much win.

_EaMC.jpg

Floating monitors; I really miss them  :sad:. That's when monitors were made to last- and levitate. Nowadays it has to sit on the desk, straining those table legs to breaking point so that you have to replace the table every year, never mind the monitor. Sure those old things were almost impossible to dust, try and wipe the screen and it span around like a revolving door (the youngsters on here will think we're making this up!), but they were all we had.

Probably the mirror reflecting back some of the excess radiation emitted from the levitation whatsit. Be careful it doesn't damage the screen, it is a collector's item!

Jhessail said:
Why don't you use the widescreen mod to make it fit the screen properly? It's really easy to use.

Because when I try, it goes all weird. Probably 'cos I'm running it off my laptop and it really doesn't like playing with other electronic devices.

Stoopid laptop.

At 1920x1080 the avatars are tiny and the graphics are good. I miss the times when the game was new and interesting - when you could still explore and find new adventures and new characters.

Back
Top Bottom