The Nostalgia Thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Haha, the Time Warp, I remember the first time I heard that. It was a disco of sorts at my infant/junior school; I was about six I think. Wasn't the group called Damian and the Time Warp? I'm not going to Google it out of respect to this thread.

*Cue someone doing it for me and finding out the name was completely different*

Llandy- That sounds like classic nostalgia.

Brutus- India has heavy petrol/gasoline prices  at almost any given time, so I can understand.

One of my nostalgic things that I like the most must be the time between 3-6 years back when I had just got my Playstation 2 and PC; all I ever did on both of 'em was play video games and ****. It was just so ****ing hilarious, I kept myself stuck with a bunch of games for months upon months, and it was a pure golden experienc playing that way. I still remember how I used to craze over The Sims 2 Castaways and Roller Coaster Tycoon, I loved those games. Nowadays there's a game popping up every few weeks or months or so, plus each of them have such high system requirements, that its nigh impossible to keep up with the video games. The last games that I played were GTA V or Assassin's Creed- Black Flag.

Carlos Danger said:
>last youtube video<
I came, I saw, I pillaged.

perfect timing. The last Age of Mythology  video had just ended by the time I reached this one.

I miss 10 years ago, before my folks split up, before I had any reason to think anything was wrong in the world. Blissful ignorance is a beautiful and dangerous thing.
I remember walking around on our farm, mist in the morning, clear skies at night. Millions of stars and the edge of the milky way all visible.
(I do NOT however miss the mosquitoes.)
I also miss playing the original Mount&Blade back then when you could walk into Zendar and do parkour along the rooftops and crawling under bridges to find the "strange armor" set hiding around; and doing tournament after tournament, honing my skills with the lance.
I remember one time when my whole family got sick with the flu, we spent hours playing Super Smash Bros on the N64, every time someone got had to go lose their lunch. (or what was left of it) someone else took their place. Weird thing to remember... eh?
I remember dumping countless hours into Tribes Starsiege too. That was one helluva game.

True, there was something just too... catchy about the older games that made us stick through them for years. Nowadays after completing many games, I don't want to lift a good number of them off the shelf for a good amount of time coz they aren't really that memorable, imo.

This is nostalgia.

edit:

Age of Empires were such good games for education as well. All the civilizations, gods, troop types, technologies and words in general I learnt from that game is massive.

Exactly; not only Age of Empires, but right about every early Microsoft strategy game was really educational and fun to play and understand.

And the first Empire Earth and its expansion, Art of Conquest. That's my nostalgic moment. I had bought the Gold Edition, with maps, diagrams, a HUGE book with strategems and tons of info about all things of the game, amazing stuff. Also, I remember that the game had a mini encyclopedia, kinda like the Age of Empires. Best games I ever played and probably will play.

I used to go out with friends a lot and try new and exotic foods (well, exotic for me at least since I basically eat the same **** every week) have some coffee, socialize, use the wifi of the restaurant or cafe and look at funny things on the internet. I think those were easily the happiest moments of my life so far... with people, food, and laughs, sometimes at my expense, but it was all in good fun.

The city looked so beautiful at night, and one cafe we sometimes went to had this fountain that just went perfectly with the lighting. It overlooked the streets and so there was always traffic right behind us, but the background humming of the cars was sort of peaceful in a way.

Inevitably though there had to be some drama between people and I can't really do that sort of thing anymore, either because it got too expensive or simply because no one wants to be around each other anymore. I'd give just about anything to get everyone to reconcile and relive those times. :')

Well if we want to talk about an old joyful memory that makes the hair on the back of your arm standup . . . I will never forget crushing three human PBEM opponents playing Japan in the War in the Pacific scenario in this game.

Well I don't know, some people on here are trolls.

The Hash-singing Slasher said:
Well I don't know, some people on here are trolls.
fmkU-.png

Back
Top Bottom