The Nostalgia Thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

lordJehovah

Grandmaster Knight
As you all know, everyone has had his lovely experiences, both highs and lows, great things and bad stuff, on this gem of a forum. We all have had our great, intelligent chats full of pages upon pages of insightful topics, we have had comical gems and stories here too. We have also had our sloppy moments on this forum too.

So, I started this thread in hopes of providing all the TWers a place where they could share their past experiences that they have had on this forum worth growing old with. I hope this thread entertains you all and also that the thread doesn't end up with only a few pages.

I'm nostalgic for the time when people had been here long enough to have genuine nostalgia.

A world without portable electronic telecommunications and IT devices . . . you guys cannot even imagine what that was like I bet. Not sure if I'm nostalgic about that though.

Okay, but something worthy of nostalgia: putting quarters into one of these

Anthropoid said:
A world without portable electronic telecommunications and IT devices . . . you guys cannot even imagine what that was like I bet. Not sure if I'm nostalgic about that though.

Okay, but something worthy of nostalgia: putting quarters into one of these

I meant the nostalgia related to the events that happened on the forum, actually. But no problem.

This thread fits perfectly today, it seems, 15th Digimon anniversary and there are surprises

Feeling like this when I watched the video
peloarrepiado.jpg
http://digimon-adventure.net/
Can't wait... :shock:

Well yeah, but that's more like the trophy case of the forums; I intend this thread to be a place for sharing their own experiences and stuff, now not just forum-based nostalgia, but any kinda nostalgia in general.

I wish I could say that I miss going to social events at discos/clubs and dancing to such awesome tunes as the YMCA and the Time Warp but those two songs are pretty much guaranteed to turn up in the course of a night which makes the point kinda moot.

My most nostalgic thing is Christmas when I was a kid. The whole side of my dad's family, and usually some close family from one or two of the married-in relatives, would pile over to my grandparents house late on Christmas Day for a buffet and music and presents. That all stopped when my Grandad died, and though we've had a few gatherings since then, it's not the same. For a start, you can fit 5-18 adults and 8-10 kids into a house better than you can twenty-three adults. For a second, it was before the advent of portable electronic communications devices, so the rest of the world stayed outside the house for as long as everybody was inside. It made everything feel much more close and sociable. Not that my family are raging phone-a-holics (it's rare for them to be brought out when we're gathering, unless it's to show off embarrassing pictures).

Back
Top Bottom