American Battle Championship 1 Cash Prize Tournament

Users who are viewing this thread

The Magician

Recruit
The American Battle Championship will be putting on its first Mount and Blade : With Fire and Sword multiplayer battle event.  The event will be held on Saturday, August 30th.  It will have American and Canadian teams consisting of eight players each, and events will be held on the deathmatch/battle server Chamber of Silence.  The winning team will receive a cash prize of $400 to split.  For more information on match details and times as well as direct contact to the tournament group, join the American Battle Championship group on steam.  http://steamcommunity.com/groups/battlechampionship#

Well... I haven't played with any Americans so far. Interesting and CHoHu could sign, but I think that the time we'd have to play would be 1:00 AM or later for start :wink:.
That's a pity because I am very curious to see the skillz of USA.

Any team of any nationality is welcome, just keep in mind the server is based out of Texas.  So if your not in NA you will more than likely have higher ping than the other teams.  On another note, does anyone know any good servers that could host in a neutral location so players from different countries could play with around the same ping?

Nonsense.
You can play half of the match on US serv and half on European e.g. but playing on neutral serv is dealing 100-200 ping for both sides through whole match.

SuperPavlo said:
Nonsense.
You can play half of the match on US serv and half on European e.g. but playing on neutral serv is dealing 100-200 ping for both sides through whole match.

But it is an American based tournament, so why should they have to change servers to accommodate you if it is completely American based?

I'm just suggesting what could you do, if you decided that you want to equalize the chances for European teams.
Trust me, we are running a Polish league for VII seasons now (it's been 2.5 yrs I think) and we have some German teams here (generally, teams built of players from whole Europe) and there were complaints from Germans (not even talking about Russians) that they have too big ping. Now look where is Poland and where is Germany - and we had to make 10 rounds on Polish serv and 10 on German.

If you have a serv in Texas, then I am really curious how it will be for, let's say, players from Florida or California. Just curious.

I can't speak for California, but I can assure you that Florida gets decent ping from the Dallas server.  I myself am in North Florida and usually run around 40-50 ping, and I have a friend in South Florida who usually runs around the same.  I assume the ping would at least be +100 for anyone who wasn't on the same continent.

I checked it yesterday with a friend, I'm living in France and I have a ping of 180-190 ( I have a dump internet though ), and my friend, who is living in germany, has around 150 ping, which is pretty much unplayable, and for the Polish and Turkish clan bases, the ping would probably be even higher :/

The Magician said:
On another note, does anyone know any good servers that could host in a neutral location so players from different countries could play with around the same ping?

In my opinion, there would never be 1 perfect server, but a server based in Iceland would probably be pretty fair, since it's pretty much half way of America and Europe, or simply a server based in East cost of U.S.A. I remember, as a french, having a 95-105 ping on a server based in New York city, which is playable.

Also, on a personnal note, I'd say that I understand the choice of a server based in Texas, since the tournament is an NA tournament, and I hope not being the last of the idiots saying that for Americans people, a server located in Texas is pretty good, since wherever you are from it, you'll have a decent ping, so the choice is logical.

I'll just conclud saying that in a certain way, it saddens me because in wfas, Americans and Europeans are living in 2 different worlds. We never play with each others, or even talk to each others. I played this game for 3 years and I fought only once an American based clan, which is really sad in my opinion :/

Nah, I played once on US Server... 343 ping :smile:

100+ are for Poland-Russia/Turkey or Russia-Poland/Turkey or Germany-Russia/Turkey. :smile:

But we have no expectations for this, I guess that there will be no European team bcs of ping (that's a pity I assure you, biggest tournament in Europe got over 20 clans in it).

Btw. Ping is a secondary issue imo (can be solved) - time is worse :grin: Your 7pm = our 1am

Wish you all best, good to hear this game's not dead in NA.

Times can always be swapped and moved around for matches, but I am curious about the idea of how a server in New York or Iceland would do with the european crowd, that might be something to look into.

I just wanted to post the rules for the tournament for those who were interested in competing.

-A match will consist of two 25-minute halves consisting of 5 minute rounds, with a 7 minute halftime to discuss strategy and to set up the map for the next half.  The spawns will be run as alternating spawn points.

-Team duelists will duel at the beginning of the match to decide who gets the choice of the first map and faction, once the first half is over, the opposite team will have the choice of map and factions in the second half.  However every faction can only be used once.

-You are unable to pick the same factions to use during the same map.  Also once a faction is picked and used in the first half, they are unable to be picked in the second half.

-Teams will be made up of 8 players, only 7 players will be on the field for each team at once, the 8th man is a substitute who can be used at anytime.  You can field less players if you have less people, however the absolute minimum of players on the field for a single team at once is 5.  If you have fewer than five players then you automatically forfeit.

-The tournament will be held in a traditional bracket style, single elimination.

-There will be a restriction on certain maps used, the following maps are banned : Fortified Town, and any Random Steppes or Plains.

-The only faction banned will be Crimea.

-If a player disconnects during the middle of the match, the opposing team does not have to drop a player, thats what having a
substitute is for.  It is up to that team to get their player back in the match, the match will not be stopped for one person.

-There will be no glitching allowed and grenades are prohibited as well.

-Anybody is allowed to type in general chat during the time of the match, however spamming is prohibited.

-All teams must register for the tournament by August 28th at midnight (US EST)

The winning team receives $400 to split among themselves.  For more information and official signups head to http://steamcommunity.com/groups/battlechampionship

Tournament entry deadline for players with or without a team is tonight at midnight, east coast NA time.  $400 grand prize to the winning team.

An update thus far:
CHoHu defeats LG 25-1 in dominating fashion, they then went on an hour later to play BA and once again in dominating fashion beat them 19-0

OE advances against AT due to the failure to show.

Muffin advances against MLG Cookin due to withdrawal at the last minute.

SR plays a closely contested first half against TPB but ends up running away with it in the second half as muscovite against cossack to win their match 15-1.

The semifinals take place next Saturday between CHoHu and OE at 3 PM EST as well as SR and Muffin at 4:30 PM EST.

The Championship will take place shortly after that at 6 PM EST.
for information on the brackets of the tournament head to http://challonge.com/battlechampionship
for information about tournament match times head to http://steamcommunity.com/groups/battlechampionship

Back
Top Bottom