MP Musket Era Modern Wild West Persistent World Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

maximus88888

Recruit
I'm creating this thread to see if there is interest for this mod and if so to see if anyone is willing to help create it.

I know this type of mod has been done before (Wild Winds) but that mod has died out. The mod died out for a few reasons which I will address in a minute.  I think we can create a Wild West PW mod that keeps players interested. This mod will take it's inspiration from the very popular PW mod by Vornne. Essentially it will be PW mod with guns set in the west.

So basically there will be a few towns and forts in the scene. When you first join a server you will spawn in as a commoner(Immigrant) in the main town in the scene. Within this town there will be a fort which can be captured by a faction. This town will sell basic items like axes,sickles, and picks. It will also have a general market where some lower end weapons will be sold. The town will be a typical wild west town(think a sandy main road with buildings on either side).  So you just spawned in what to do? You have a bit of gold and a dream. You could go over to the commoner training poles and train as a serf.(Class names are all placeholders and changeable). The main town will offer a few commoner training types. Examples would be serf, traveler, ect. These will be very cheap, weak classes. As a serf you can go mining and sell some iron either at the general market or at another town or fort controlled by a faction. Factions will sometimes pay you to sell at their town because they will get taxes from the sale. Lets say you start off and immediately want to become a soldier. So you walk to the fort in the main town but you figure out they aren't recruiting. So you can either head off into the world and find another fort or perhaps you want to become a deputy. In the main town there will also be the Sheriffs HQ which will be a faction and have a small fort that no other factions are allowed to capture but the Sheriff faction is not allowed to declare war on any other factions or capture other towns. (Just like in PW) Their job will be to protect commoners and imprison thieves and outlaws.
Also in the main town will be a saloon which will be a hub for RP. In PW I would buy food and drink from farmers and then open a tavern and sell it to players, at a decent profit I might add. There were fights, coup plots, and assassin contracts all going on in that tavern and it was great fun. This can be transferred over into this mod. Outside the main town will be farms where commoners can grow food and make wine. The crafting system will be like PW mod which is relatively simple and straightforward as compared to wild winds which was quite difficult to understand.

Once you venture outside of the main town you will find a road that connects to all the other towns and forts. There will be different types of forts with different weaknesses and strengths.

Summary
ALL categories in this list are subject to change and are just ideas.
                                                                                                Factions             
In total there will be six factions. Three of them will be set: Commoners, outlaws, Sheriffs
The other three will be open to be named whatever you want.

Towns
The Scene will be set in a dusty, desert type area with traditional wild west towns. Some capturable places will be like these towns and others will be forts. There will also be an indian town made out of tipis. Different towns will sell different weapons and armor/clothes. Also different classes will be available at different towns. There will also be an outlaw town located somewhere on the map.

Weapons

Pistols: Colt 45(There will be a few types of revolvers), Deringer Pocket pistol, Webley Bulldog, Pepper box Pistol, Dragoon Revolver.
Rifles: Winchester model 1866, Henry Rifle, Sharps Model 1867
Shotguns: Side-by-side Shotgun, sawed off
Melee Weapons: Cavalry Sword, tomahawk, club, bowie knife, brass knuckles
Bows: Indian war bow, Hunting Bow
Cannons: Cannons will be in limited supply and will spawn all at the beginning with items like carts. They will be able to be attached to cart horses and pulled around. There will also be cannons mounted on forts. To load  and fire a cannon you must be the cannoneer class and have bought a muzzleloader and cannon balls or grape shot.   
Ammo Types: Pistol Ammo, Rifle Ammo, shotgun shells, cannon balls. Maybe grape shot for the cannons as well.
                                                                                                  Clothes/armor
    There will be lots of different clothing to choose from. This will be changed around hugely so I won't list specific items but it will be Wild West attire. Cowboy hats and spurred boots and the rest. There will be some clothing that is expensive and will be bullet resistant. 

Mines
There will be iron mines, gold, and silver mines. The gold and silver mines will be separate from each other and located in remote places on the scene. Around the gold and silver mines will be walls. This way they will be places that factions try and take over and either mine themselves or charge others to mine there. The gold and silver mines will be mined out and then respawn an hour or so later. The iron mines will always be available.

Horses/animals
Pack horse
Riding Horses( Multiple types of these with different HP, speed, ect.)
Cart Horses
                                                                                                    Classes
All of these classes will cost different amounts.
Cannoneer: Can load a cannon and fire it.
Engineer: Can craft all weapons and ladders. Can also make gold and silver bars.
Craftsmen: Can craft some weapons. Cheaper than engineer but can do less.
Doctor: Can heal people with surgeons scalpel.
Serf: Can mine and cut down trees.
Brave: Indian warrior. Can use bows. This class will be reserved for the RPers and really skilled people because bows will be far weaker than guns although the brave will be able to have some guns.
Mercenary: Can buy lower end weapons and armor. Is mainly used to join a faction that has no captured towns at the mercenary outpost.
Highwayman: Outlaw class. Can buy high end pistols and low end rifles.
Sharpshooter: Can buy High end rifles and low end pistols.
Gunslinger: Can buy mid range pistols and rifles.
Deputy: Will be the only class available besides sheriff for the sheriff factions. Stats will be similar to gunslinger.
Sheriff: Lord of the Sheriff faction. Will have same stats as Mayor.
Mayor: Lord of a faction. Has high stats in every category.

So this is a very early outline of what I want the mod to be. I think it would be a lot of fun if executed properly. If you like the idea or have suggestions then post below I'd love to hear them! Also if you are a mod dev and would like to help with the project then leave a comment below and I'll get a steam group up and running. I don't have any mod experience myself but I am currently learning how to build scenes and I would like that to be my main role on the project.

Thanks for reading!

-Maximus 

Honestly, everyone is trying to do Persistant mods nowadays. Roma Oritur, Star Wars, Persistant Age, and many others. What made the Persistant Worlds style mod one-of-a-kind and special was that there was only 1, and that is the original Persistant Worlds. I think most people are going to stay playing PW and not really mess around with any others. As you can see no other Persistant mod has had any success, even as much hype and time that went into Persistant Frontier, it even died. I think it is a waste of time to try to make another.

LordJorvasker said:
Honestly, everyone is trying to do Persistant mods nowadays. Roma Oritur, Star Wars, Persistant Age, and many others. What made the Persistant Worlds style mod one-of-a-kind and special was that there was only 1, and that is the original Persistant Worlds. I think most people are going to stay playing PW and not really mess around with any others. As you can see no other Persistant mod has had any success, even as much hype and time that went into Persistant Frontier, it even died. I think it is a waste of time to try to make another.
The persistant mods seem to have a better success than other mods. The Roma Oritur mod have around 80 people at one time. Of course, all mods die, sooner or later.

Alfredthegreat said:
LordJorvasker said:
The persistant mods seem to have a better success than other mods. The Roma Oritur mod have around 80 people at one time. Of course, all mods die, sooner or later.
Roma Oritur has had quite a big success, I am happy for them. PF had a pretty solid community for many months, but it died off. PW is the only mod that has had a solid community for over 3 years.

@lordjorvasker
I remember being so excited for Persistent frontier and I remember playing it and it being not like what I had expected. The economy was messed up big time and guns were either free or had no supply. I'm not hating on Persistant Frontier but I think that they had a few problems that turned off a lot of people. Also your right about PW being the most popular and it's because they have a solid game play system in place. That is why I'm going to take their system and apply it to this mod. When I say it will be PW in the wild west I mean exactly that.

Also I will try and contact small youtube channels to spread the game around and bring in new players to the mod.  I will find a community manager that keeps everyone up to date and listens to the requests of the players so we can create a better game.
I think PW has survived so long because it is very RP intensive. I think a wild west mod can create a lot of new RP scenarios that PW players would want to try out for themselves.

I think its a good idea, although many have tried and failed to make a PW based mod. I think you have somthing here. It would be a nice change to be roleplaying in the west. "Late 19th centry" Best of luck mate. :smile:

LordJorvasker said:
Alfredthegreat said:
LordJorvasker said:
Roma Oritur has had quite a big success, I am happy for them. PF had a pretty solid community for many months, but it died off. PW is the only mod that has had a solid community for over 3 years.
Native remains most played :smile:

LordJorvasker said:
Alfredthegreat said:
LordJorvasker said:

Jovarsker, "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the fact", a good quote for you. You're pretty much outdated. PF is the longest PW-sub mod alive. It got 90 players as basis number ; rahter say stable community.

Also Persistent World is boring because there is nothing to do. The communities which supports PW, are corrupted or rather incompetent for the sake to improve their server, which does make the mod look bad. The mod itself never got update long time, but there is not much to update in it anyway. We need to move forward toward something greater which are the sub-mods, and improvement of the standard in different playable eras. Vorne made a great mod, indeed, no one can deny that, but PW is also only a mod.

LordNate77 said:
I think its a good idea, although many have tried and failed to make a PW based mod. I think you have somthing here. It would be a nice change to be roleplaying in the west. "Late 19th centry" Best of luck mate. :smile:

The quote fits for you too. "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the fact"

maximus88888 said:
@lordjorvasker
I remember being so excited for Persistent frontier and I remember playing it and it being not like what I had expected. The economy was messed up big time and guns were either free or had no supply. I'm not hating on Persistant Frontier but I think that they had a few problems that turned off a lot of people. Also your right about PW being the most popular and it's because they have a solid game play system in place. That is why I'm going to take their system and apply it to this mod. When I say it will be PW in the wild west I mean exactly that.

Also I will try and contact small youtube channels to spread the game around and bring in new players to the mod.  I will find a community manager that keeps everyone up to date and listens to the requests of the players so we can create a better game.
I think PW has survived so long because it is very RP intensive. I think a wild west mod can create a lot of new RP scenarios that PW players would want to try out for themselves.

Well that was 1 year ago just for notice mate. Persistent frontier is a great mod, better than PW itself IMO, because of the game-play.

LordJorvasker said:
even as much hype and time that went into Persistant Frontier, it even died. I think it is a waste of time to try to make another.

Persistent Frontier is not dead :razz:

But onto topic,

there are a lot of resources you can use so start Pming Gabby, Shredzorz and Highlander.

Also, are you planning on having players or admins enforce RDM?

In my opinion, this is the Wild West, there should be no RDM rule, you solve issues with your Revolver, if some guy is shooting everyone, get your friends and shoot him.  Though you would still need Admins to help players with other things/answer questions.  Servers should have dedicated Sheriffs/Deputies to defend the main town, there should only be a couple ways in and out of the town, and the sheriff faction can just stand there and question people that come in.  If you go outside of the town, you do so at your own risk, or you can hire guards to increase the chances of you not getting your head blown off by Outlaws, and the other factions have to police their own land.

I like the idea of this mod. Although, you mentioned that you are looking for a dev. team to make this mod, just like the Persistent Star Wars project is.

I'm not really certain in more and more recruits on the forums starting up these topics as ideas, this should be for actual mods being made, and of course, asking for any interested people to help develop it, not just throwing out the idea, because it's really hard to find people actually interested in developing this mod if even the main person with the idea can't do ****.

So, anyways, I wish you the best of luck, I will actually help you in my free time, since I am familiar with coding the persistent world module system, but I won't be able to help you that much, because I have a project of my own, and I am helping the Persistent Star Wars project succeed aswell.

Also, contact Yldrania if you are serious about this project and would like to have an interested dev. team working with you to make this idea a reality, because I would like to see this mod made.

Best regards, Heroes_Witch_King

Froi said:
In my opinion, this is the Wild West, there should be no RDM rule, you solve issues with your Revolver, if some guy is shooting everyone, get your friends and shoot him.  Though you would still need Admins to help players with other things/answer questions.  Servers should have dedicated Sheriffs/Deputies to defend the main town, there should only be a couple ways in and out of the town, and the sheriff faction can just stand there and question people that come in.  If you go outside of the town, you do so at your own risk, or you can hire guards to increase the chances of you not getting your head blown off by Outlaws, and the other factions have to police their own land.
"There should be no RDM rule" Do you realize what you just said? I mean, do you understand that if people can rdm the "Role playing" Aspect of the game would be ruined.

PW wasn't meant for RP anyways.  I'm sure a HCRP server will come out for you little RP kiddies, though in my opinion it would increase it, forcing people to RP is always stupid in my opinion.  If anyone can walk up to you and shoot you, you would rely more on the Sherrif's Department and you would need to hire guards for yourself if you want to go outside the town if you are bad at shooting/melee, which happens to be the HCRP'ers, since all you guys do is type and never fight.  Good day!

Froi said:
PW wasn't meant for RP anyways.  I'm sure a HCRP server will come out for you little RP kiddies, though in my opinion it would increase it, forcing people to RP is always stupid in my opinion.  If anyone can walk up to you and shoot you, you would rely more on the Sherrif's Department and you would need to hire guards for yourself if you want to go outside the town if you are bad at shooting/melee, which happens to be the HCRP'ers, since all you guys do is type and never fight.  Good day!

I like this guy.  :lol: I still remember the Wild Wind mod that died, such a shame because it had great weaponry and features for a role playing mod.

Froi said:
I agree. What ruins persistant world mods for me is the rules. I think persistant world should be more like a free world. There are no real teams, everyone can be your friend or foe. Not where if you kill someone you get banned. In persistent world you often get bored, and you just want to have a little fun, especially if you are someone who just have 3 denars and nothing else to do. For me people should just suck it up and fight back, or ask other people to protect them instead of crying to the admin everytime someone hit them. By the way, people say about people killing without reason, but nobody kills without reason, the reason is because they are BORED. :razz:

Froi said:
Might as well be tdm then...

LordNate77 said:
Froi said:
Might as well be tdm then...

Would you expect anything less with a game that allows you to kill someone whenever you want to as soon as you pick up a weapon?

Back
Top Bottom