DC4A8316E95D6C47B3CD719AD880B220E238E964

the Ruins
7BDC4EC7DBF7268BB42B4516A107A540E8ADFD35

Zavansk
470BFEA5B550F740476C85B6652507CB46C27571

Hollow Bastion Hold
BE35EE59B2D988AEE43CE2D1205F08124C562676

Features:
--Singular, maze-like under-mountain mine that links the map together and is the sole source of iron ore

--Circumnavigable with navigable channels and sea-vulnerable castle positions for increased naval prominence

--2 Layer defense system where by castles and cities can fall back a level

--Significant, two castle, multi-tiered city

--Segregated combat and peaceful classes between Outlaws and Commoners to return real mechanical significance to this designation

--Price variance and theme in\between armories

Download
.sco: v1.12

SceneCode:
scn_scene_9 scene_9 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x0000000330000500000d2348000017200000109800006f0b
sea_outer_terrain_2

Change Log v1.12

+Fixed HBH and village capture points.

You progressed a lot. I think that Pinecrest can use some more work to make it more village-like, and I suggest to lower the level of that palisade at the ruins. It is too high.

The Bowman said:
You progressed a lot. I think that Pinecrest can use some more work to make it more village-like, and I suggest to lower the level of that palisade at the ruins. It is too high.

Thank you!  Yeah, Pinecrest I'm honestly not too proud of; I shall consider changing around the palisade height at the ruins, right now it does have a bit of an issue messing with the non-Buildable defenses.

Can you make a defensive area in Pinecrest?  A place where you can build those wood walls up, to defend against bandits or something, or for guards to sit in?

Froi said:
Can you make a defensive area in Pinecrest?  A place where you can build those wood walls up, to defend against bandits or something, or for guards to sit in?

Yeah, I'll probably add some siegewall_b's with those little walkways to at least force attackers into chokepoints

A bit of criticism from me:

In comparison with the other castles, Zavansk looks kind of boring. I don't see the issue with Pinecrest though - only the animal pen is kind of bad (I dislike "square" boxes as pens). Why don't you put it behind the farming building? Nobody needs 6 wheat fields anyway.

One thing I'd like to mention from the Nexus forum:
flax is certainly everywhere.  But that’s because limiting those things just discourages baseline crafting even more, other resources such as wood are localized and controlled locally by various faction’s bases.

Just a little comment from me regarding leather and flax: What's the issue about making them scarce? There's enough armour variety to allow for a balanced distribution - By balanced I mean not giving every castle access to these resources. Example: A castle has bad access to flax - However, the only gear that requires linen in that castle is high-tier armour. They'll probably have enough leather to supply their army with low to mid-tier armour, but they'll have to work if they want high-tier armour.
Proper price management can also help.

On the other hand I sort of like placing the iron into the tunnels - not because of the things you mentioned, but because of the difficulty of mining large amounts due to the lack of horse carts in interiors. The big hand carts will probably still yield a lot though - I've always been in favour of the wheelbarrows over hand carts, since hand carts can transport way too much (You carry half of the weight of a horse cart without any penalty...  :lol:), but that's just my opinion as a supporter of difficulty.

chunky_monkeh said:
Awesome map!
stephan_dinavoa said:
Very interesting scenery! Rich of good ideas..

Thanks guys!  I can only hope it'll have the sleeper hit phenom like AoY did, winding up highly played +12 months after release  :mrgreen:

Pendanyk said:
One thing I'd like to mention from the Nexus forum:
flax is certainly everywhere.  But that’s because limiting those things just discourages baseline crafting even more, other resources such as wood are localized and controlled locally by various faction’s bases.

Just a little comment from me regarding leather and flax: What's the issue about making them scarce? There's enough armour variety to allow for a balanced distribution - By balanced I mean not giving every castle access to these resources. Example: A castle has bad access to flax - However, the only gear that requires linen in that castle is high-tier armour. They'll probably have enough leather to supply their army with low to mid-tier armour, but they'll have to work if they want high-tier armour.
Proper price management can also help.

Yeah, but I'm ass at price management because I have little-to-no concept of how econ works out these days (not like iHad a good grasp on how to adjust prices when iDid have one, mind); as for flax, I just remember Vornne making a post about how flax was meant to be nigh-universal and it was just another chore to make crafting even less feasible to force someone to transport such worthless material.  There's distant flax at the earthworks castles here, and limited sources of leather, so iS'pose we'll just need to see how it works out on a server sometime--then I'd be open to changing things up, depending on the results.

Thanks y'all; did this go up somewhere or are y'all just looking around?  And, the small horse vendors are just for selling horses in zones without HUUUGE items that can be mistaken for real horses.

Barradin said:
We had it on Oasis NA, but I don't see banks and there doesn't appear to be training classes for Zavansk.

Right, there's a banku for the faction that has its castle right on the edge of the city's wall--if I didn't include the invisible_chest item, that should be an E-Z fix.

Zavansk trainings are inside of the tavern, building on first tier that isn't the armory--with the Blue Balls and the cage etc?

UPDATE: v1.10

+Added banks, signs to indicate their locations (1 in each city)
+Tweaked little bit of stuff by entrance to Lower side of town

Back
Top Bottom