Legendary weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

A living weapon that starts off as a tiny dagger.
It grows when you score kills and eventually becomes a greatsword. It could restore health and stamina when you strike killing blows. You could have a quest where it talks to you and tells you to keep killing so it can manifest it's own body and you can be together. It eventually becomes a companion that wields a copy of itself.

A mysterious peddler could sell it to you in town for 100 gp, after warning you not to buy it. He calls it...Soul Drinker.

When you have negative 30 honor, you can find a bandit in the tavern who sells you information about a treasure all of the outlaws want.
When you go there, you're immediately forced into battle with a gang of 30 looters. After that, a group of taiga bandits attacks. Then forest bandits. Mountain bandits, then sea raiders attack you. Steppe bandits attempt to finish you off. Finally, the king of the bandits appears and reveals it was all a setup to lure people to him, and the only treasure here is what he'll be taking from your corpse. When you kill him, he drops the Ruffian Blade.

The sword gets a damage boost for every negative point of honor your character has. The more evil you are, the more powerful it becomes.

When you become a master smith and have taught 5 classes, a student gives you the idea for a weapon that's made out of other weapons.
You get a quest that requests certain items, like tools and various types of swords, and each stage improves the weapon even further. You eventually create a weapon that's much lighter, faster and stronger than anything you can buy in stores. The master work of master works. You get a renown bonus as the people recognize your Magnum Opus.

Not sure if you wanted "magic" or not. Last one is pure science.

LOVE your stuff.

I was asking because I created a "sword of terror", that makes enemies flee the battlefield when you strike them.
I really love your ideas.
I still have to finish the settlements, but I made nice progress. I have to add the management options, then the buildings, and addon areas improvements, and it will be done. Matter of days. Then, tailoring craft. Then, necromancy, but this one is hard.

Then, the basics of legendary weapons.
I was thinking the weapon could gain XP as you perform some deeds on the battlefield, and grow in power. Really wild ideas, I don't know if it is feasible.

So, power list could be:
Increase damage with low honor.
Restore health and stamina when dealing killing blow.
Transform into a companion
Steal money ?
Destroy armor ?
Kills horses ?
Destroy other weapons ?
Heals friends when hitting them ?
Give big moral boost on the battlefield ?

Legendary bow, what going to shoot explosove arrows, or you going to shoot arrow and it automatically finds weakest enemy to hit.

And owning legendary weapons should couse you lord opinion hit. They are angry to you use unholy weapons.

Sacrofise prisoners to improve your legendary weapon, sacrofising prisoners cause you lose honor.

I think battlefiels soul drinking should increase weapon damage and speed, But weapons should have some powerful special ability. and so named stamina bar, you can fill stamina bar by Sacrofising prisioners.

And tere should be slave traders who sell you slaves. And slaves shold have varierity price. Better slave knowledge allow you to manage more slaves and get better price for them.

Lets say peasant slaves cost 20-40 denars, and you have slaver skill 5 You have varirity price +5 denarii. or this skill shold give you 5% per lvl like varierity price +25%.

Just ideas! dont belive you must do them just offered ideas if you dont have ones.

Cernunos said:
LOVE your stuff.

Really wild ideas, I don't know if it is feasible.

In theory, you could make 4 or 5 versions of the sword and then remove the old one from the player's inventory and give them the upgraded version when they meet the requirements. I don't believe I've ever seen a living weapon done in a mod before that was able to "grow" without doing something like this.

Back
Top Bottom