Crashing during scene editor

Users who are viewing this thread

Delred

Recruit
Everything was working perfectly on the editing mode, no real issues with lag or anything as I was expecting. When I attempted to close the editor to save my progress, the game crashed. It doesn't crash however if I try to save it without editing anything, not like that's very helpful though. I asked a few people who had tried their hand at making maps and had suffered this issue as well, none of them had managed to solve it in the past. Is there a way around this issue at all?

Did you try running the game in administrator mode?
edit:
What OS are you using?
What's the installation path for your game files?

Tried to run it as administrator but sadly that didn't work. I'm currently using Windows 7 and my installation path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband

Windows 8 and Windows 7 often set C/program files to " read only ". Not sure if this would interfere with the in-game scene editor, but I do know it interferes with the Module System/Python.
If you could try right clicking on your warband folder, then go to properties and untick  "read only". (and make sure to check that it doesn't automaticly turns it back into read only - but I think that is something only windows 8 decides to do)

That's good. The bad news is that I then wouldn't know what could cause it. And I presume you have already tried to reinstall the game?

Yeah one of the first things I tried doing. Thanks for your help though, hopefully I can figure out what might be causing it

Back
Top Bottom