PoP quality control

Users who are viewing this thread

3ntropy775

Recruit
I've recently tried PoP since I've just about overplayed native, but it seems to seriously lack quality control. I know it's a mod strewn together from a bunch of smaller mods and I think it's a great idea, but I just can't get past the fluctuation in quality  :???: Some content just seems better left out than included. I take it that they wanted to drastically shake the feel of native.

I chose the squire option in character creation and ended up with some sort of squire's mail, but the textures were so blurry that it almost gave me a headache. The sounds also seem like they were cut directly from the Braveheart film and some music tracks also made me cringe a bit. There is a lot of high quality content such as the world map and ambient music for it which is brilliant, but it gets overshadowed by it's poorer elements imo.

I sincerely applaud them for creating the mod as I certainly can't. Any thoughts?

A lot of the low quality models were ported from the Mount & Blade 1.011 version.

To use someone else's music in a mod, you have to either buy the rights to use it, or be given permissions, whether specifically or commonly.
Thus you get stuff that may be old or made by low budget studios.

You will however find that this mod contains high strategic and tactical depth than Native. It's also much harder.

Rallix said:
A lot of the low quality models were ported from the Mount & Blade 1.011 version.

To use someone else's music in a mod, you have to either buy the rights to use it, or be given permissions, whether specifically or commonly.
Thus you get stuff that may be old or made by low budget studios.

You will however find that this mod contains high strategic and tactical depth than Native. It's also much harder.

Plagiarism and copyright is always an issue yes, but there is a lot of lore music and songs which are used so widely that one cannot be held accountable for plagiarism, by crediting the composer and not charging money for the content. Even the songs they used in PoP were written and composed by someone else, the quality is just very poor.

Haha yes, I found it quite a trial by fire :mrgreen: Did they add any new interesting features to kingdom management? I.e. upgrading feifs properly etc.

3ntropy775 said:
Haha yes, I found it quite a trial by fire :mrgreen: Did they add any new interesting features to kingdom management? I.e. upgrading feifs properly etc.
You actually have to take care of your villages now. Issues come up that have to be resolved. You make decisions about their future, which have consequences. Enemy AI on the map are smarter, more aggressive, faster on the defence.

Back
Top Bottom