Native Expansion Patch - It's official now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A word of advice regarding new battle orders: do not issue equipment orders (F4) if your zoom key is set to Alt and is currently pressed. For a few seconds I thought it was a game crash. :roll:

Lav said:
Hmm, if new games have the same issue, then something is wrong with your installation.

Can you archive me some files from your Native Expansion [BETA] folder? Namely:

1. All files from that folder with the exception of main.bmp and map.txt.
2. Subfolder .src if it's present in your installation.

No other subfolders are necessary, they'll just swell the archive size without actually being useful.

Just drop that archive anywhere and give me a link.

Well I haven't really had time before now, but here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ykv5j5neoavqzmh/AAArfWkfapRpQJPzvF7QiwEia?dl=0

If I haven't ****ed up now (which I very well might have done) then everything should be there.

There is now another problem by the way... Before some battles 3 lines of error messages are shown saying something about "Line ID 2 not recognized :neutral:

Nothing too major though :smile:

Hmm, don't see anything wrong there, everything seems to be in place.

I'd like to clarify though: did you start your game with or without Unofficial Patch?

No need. I cannot replicate this anyway.

Right now I have no ideas except for combination of video card and graphics settings on your machine.

Can you post screenshots of incorrect parties? Horses too, I remember you reported weirdly colored horses right?

And can anyone else report this kind of problem?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nz43gtgzhliy1xc/AADDD2k-_f6kgXiiT-0R7Sspa?dl=0

Some screenshots of missing items, horses and men being black (they look like messed up dark knights...), parties on the overland map being weird and horses and men being weirdly textured. I haven't been able to take any screenshots of the error messages though unfortunately.

And for graphics: I have personally been having some strange things happening with my GPU, but they have been going on for far longer than I have even played this game and has to do with GPU usage. My buddy which is experienced the same problems have not had any problems with that either so I am not sure that would be the issue.

Is this to any help at all?

Mensch said:

Some screenshots of missing items, horses and men being black (they look like messed up dark knights...), parties on the overland map being weird and horses and men being weirdly textured. I haven't been able to take any screenshots of the error messages though unfortunately.

And for graphics: I have personally been having some strange things happening with my GPU, but they have been going on for far longer than I have even played this game and has to do with GPU usage. My buddy which is experienced the same problems have not had any problems with that either so I am not sure that would be the issue.

Well, with these screenshots I'm pretty sure your GPU is the primary suspect. A lot of things are screwed up without any consistent pattern, including a lot of textures and items I definitely did not touch at all.

Try starting a new game with vanilla NE without any patches. If it has the same issues (though probably to a lesser degree), then I'm afraid you're pretty much stuck until I finally start doing resource optimization for NE. Unfortunately I can give no promises as to when I start working on that - it's a pretty uninteresting task and one likely to swell patch size by a degree of magnitude, so it's pretty low priority for me.

Lav said:
Mensch said:

Well, with these screenshots I'm pretty sure your GPU is the primary suspect. A lot of things are screwed up without any consistent pattern, including a lot of textures and items I definitely did not touch at all.

Try starting a new game with vanilla NE without any patches. If it has the same issues (though probably to a lesser degree), then I'm afraid you're pretty much stuck until I finally start doing resource optimization for NE. Unfortunately I can give no promises as to when I start working on that - it's a pretty uninteresting task and one likely to swell patch size by a degree of magnitude, so it's pretty low priority for me.

Alright, I will try that later. Just don't get why this is happening when we got respectively GTX 780s and 770s :/

Thanks for the help and good luck on the further development :smile:

As the 0.608b9 is going to include the long-awaited Module Settings presentation (though it's far from certain just how developed it will be by the time of release), a few words on nobility title sets.

There are currently 9 title sets available for player's kingdom, with titles for landless, village, castle and town lords. There are no king titles for these title sets as the king is always the player himself, and player can edit his own name however he wishes.

1. Byzantium: Strator, Patrikios, Vestes, Magistros.
2. Arabic: Sayyid, Sharif, Habib, Sheikh.
3. Persian: Agha, Mirza, Satrap, Shah.
4. Polish: Shliakhta, Pan, Komes, Hetman.
5. Spanish: Hidalgo, Caballero, Ricohombre, Grande.
6. English: Laird, Esquire, Lord, Earl.
7. Japanese: Samurai, Baishin, Daimyou, Shogun.
8. Soviet :twisted:: Tovarisch, Partiyetz, Comissar, Narkom.
9. American :cool:: Sheriff, Deputy, Mayor, Governor.

I have probably made a lot of mistakes picking titles for different cultures, so feel free to offer corrections. Suggestions for more title sets are also welcome.

Patch 0.608b9 sneak peek.

Native Expansion Module Settings screen:

Screenshot is a bit out of date already, keyboard configuration is already implemented.

American-based nobility titles in action:

Mensch said:
Alright, I will try that later. Just don't get why this is happening when we got respectively GTX 780s and 770s :/

Thanks for the help and good luck on the further development :smile:
Okay, I have finally been able to see a similar bug for myself.

The weirdest thing is that it appeared literally out of nowhere - suddenly a couple of swords that have always displayed correctly became pitch black. Some tweaking of flags in the resource files allowed me to restore item visuals, but these same items had those flags for years now without any serious issues.

However this only happened to two swords (actually three, but two share the same mesh and material so it doesn't matter). Everything else is fine on my PC.

Personally I suspect a combination of some internal changes in 1.160 patch, unoptimized mod resources and junk data in item/material/texture flags. Essentially a major resource cleanup is in order for some of later releases.

First of all, I wanted to thank you for picking up this project - it's great someone has decided to help this mod come back to life!
I haven't played yet, but just from reading I can see you have done some great changes.
Also, if soulmata would indeed return and start working on the mod again, it would be great if you joind forces - and those would not be "unofficial" anymore  :grin:

Native Expansion Unofficial Patch goes official!

Congratulations to all players! Native Expansion Unofficial Patch is officially going official!

Download links have been removed from this thread as the new Native Expansion v0.609b is going to be published soon. Please be patient.

For any new versions, please check the main download thread of Native Expansion.

This thread will remain for all eternity as the undying... err, I'm not sure as what actually. But it will remain!

Patch 0.609b (Sep 20, 2014) changes:
  • Arena is in use. Merged Tournament and Arena menu options. Regular arena is now unavailable during tournaments.
  • Town menu reorganization. Moved player's enterprise menu option to merchants menu.
  • Town menu reorganization. Moved NE Blacksmith menu option to merchants menu.
  • Town menu reorganization. Moved "Manage Garrison" and "Reinforce Garrison" menu options into "Manage town/castle" menu. Might need a different name for it.
  • Town menu reorganization. Moved recruitment orders into Manage town/castle menu. In the situation when player can recruit nobles but cannot manage the town, he will still get "Recruit nobles" menu option in the main town menu.
  • Safe game start. Changed menu items order in game-starting menus for Brutality and Dark Knight, so the first option is always the safe "proceed forward" one.
  • Town menu reorganization. Added new town menu "Talk to locals". Moved talking to guild master and visiting lady to this menu. Also added options to talk directly to tavern keeper, ransom broker (if in town) and book merchant (if in town).
  • Skills balance - Persuasion. Recruitment relation requirements modified somewhat for peasants and nobles: player's allegiance, status and persuasion are taken into account. Foreign nobles will require at least some positive relation to be recruited.
  • No elites for scoundrels. Elite troops now require Honor to be recruited, modified by player's persuasion. Regular lord needs Honor >= 20 - Persuasion, faction marshal needs Honor >= 20 - 2 * Persuasion, while faction leader needs Honor >= 10 - 2 * Persuasion.
  • Interface arc - Settings. Module Settings presentation: it is now possible to change player's kingdom color, name and nobility title set. Other options will be added as time goes along. Currently available nobility title sets: Byzantium (default), Arabic, Persian, Polish, Spanish, English, Japanese, Soviet :twisted: and American :cool:. Contributions are welcome.
  • Interface arc - Settings. Completely moved all game settings to new settings screen and replaced the camp settings menu.
  • Interface arc - Settings. Companions Overseer now can be turned on and off as looting interface.
  • Interface arc - Settings. Implemented key configuration in Settings screen. Settings screen is now officially complete except for any future changes in the game design. Note that all key-activated features (including Overseer) will become unaccessible with this patch unless player defines keys for them.
  • Interface arc - Settings. Turning wounding system on and off now has an immediate effect on active wounds. Also, severity of wounds is affected by brutality mode (attributes are affected by 1 point without brutality and by 2 points with it).
  • Better logging. References to lords, locations and factions should now be proper links in all log messages. Older log messages will remain as they are.
  • Better management. If player is marshal or king, he now can sponsor constructions in other lords' fiefs by paying 50% of the cost. Note that the price and time is calculated using the average of the best engineer in player's party and the royal engineer (level 1 normally, level 2 for player's kingdom with logistics advisor hired).
  • Map visual enhancement. Tweaked default colors for player's party (yellowish white), player's kingdom (blue) and outlaws (red). Existing games will be unaffected. These colors can be changed easily now anyway in the Settings screen.
  • Better dialogs - patrols. Expanded dialog with patrols a bit when player is marshal or king of the same faction. It is now possible to relieve patrols of their prisoners, and to point them to a different area within the kingdom.
  • Bugfix - correct numbers. Noble troops price could be displayed incorrectly sometimes.
  • Bugfix - you can't eat barrels. Removed food bonus modifiers from Ale and Wine as these are not really food items.
  • Bugfix - no need to tell twice. Removed display of extra screen with results of last combat round when using Companions Overseer for looting.
  • Bugfix - bandits? what bandits? It was possible to rest at village manor despite village being infested by bandits.
  • Bugfix - once is enough. Removed duplicated dialog option to give troops to your lord.
  • Bugfix - I said once is enough! Village militia quest will not be offered if the village already has a militia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom