Native Expansion Patch - It's official now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool! Being able to accsess the inventory before seige is really helpful. Can you also enable that before any normal battle?

Alron said:
Cool! Being able to accsess the inventory before seige is really helpful. Can you also enable that before any normal battle?
Added to plans. Though in normal battle you should have access to chest anyway.

regarding troop equipment, saranid mamlukes and cataphracts layout seem to be switched.

Great work on continuing to enhance this mod.  Its one of my favorites that I had forgotten about after it had stopped being updated for long.  I'm really glad to have an excuse to load it up again!

Hello! Great to see a new developer of this mod. (even though it's unofficial, the main developer seems to be deactivated)

As I've been playing your mod for sometime, I have one suggestion, which is...

Fixing the problem with DK that they get taken by other factions SO easily even before DK takes a town... this seems to be a big problem.

Implemented the free-moving deathcam by MadVader and Zephilinox. It doesn't actually feel as smooth as it looks on the video, but is still much more comfortable to use than the original NE deathcam. I'll be adding a few tweaks to the code, like the ability to switch z-axis inversion on and off and preventing the camera from moving underground, but otherwise seems a nice piece of code.

kimdh155 said:
Fixing the problem with DK that they get taken by other factions SO easily even before DK takes a town... this seems to be a big problem.
Not sure, I've never played with DK invasion. But it seems many others do, so I guess I'll have to try after all. :smile:

Hmm, first test run went swimmingly - Dark Knights appeared near Jelkala, proceeded to take Dhirim and then Ukhal. Lady Lartkin started distributing fiefs to her lords, who did not show any inclination to desert. All DKs have zero renown though which is a bug, but pretty easy to fix so no biggie.

Major issues visible from the first test run:

1. Dark Knights have zero renown.
2. It is possible for player to make peace with Dark Knights and then join them like a regular faction.

Lav said:
Hmm, first test run went swimmingly - Dark Knights appeared near Jelkala, proceeded to take Dhirim and then Ukhal. Lady Lartkin started distributing fiefs to her lords, who did not show any inclination to desert. All DKs have zero renown though which is a bug, but pretty easy to fix so no biggie.

Major issues visible from the first test run:

1. Dark Knights have zero renown.
2. It is possible for player to make peace with Dark Knights and then join them like a regular faction.

I think the biggest issue was that they didn't have land when they start and since they can rebel like normal lords they leave ASAP and join another faction.

I think that if you could make it impossible for them to rebel, thing would go mch nicer. Renown would help too.
But being able to joing them? No point in taking that out, just leave it for players to choose to do or ignore IMO.

Dalloskid said:
I think the biggest issue was that they didn't have land when they start and since they can rebel like normal lords they leave ASAP and join another faction.
Yes, that's been my understanding as well from reading the numerous posts on the problem. But my first test run demonstrated that for as long as Dark Knights take at least one town promptly after arrival, they seem to be fine. Obviously I'll need several more runs like that before making any conclusions.

Dalloskid said:
I think that if you could make it impossible for them to rebel, thing would go mch nicer. Renown would help too.
But being able to joing them? No point in taking that out, just leave it for players to choose to do or ignore IMO.
I'm pretty certain Dark Knights are supposed to be the "ultimate threat", not simply one more faction in the game. Perhaps the option to join the DKs should be left in the game, but not that easily, and definitely not without long-term consequences (like becoming the sworn enemy of the rest of Calradia).

Made another test run with all the recent modifications. Dark Knights appeared, declared on Nords and Vaegirs, promptly took all Nord and Vaegir towns as well as a single Vaegir castle, declared on (or got declared by) Khergits and Swadians, took Dhirim, and then lost all Vaegir towns and Dhirim. Vaegirs retook Curaw and the castle, while Khergs steamrolled over everything else. DKs then took Dhirim back only to lose it to the Swadian horde. By this moment DK's have war with everyone and their dog and their prospects are looking pretty grim.

Note to self: garrisons DKs leave in newly conquered towns are nothing exceptional and get quickly steamrolled by opposition. They probably need to be increased at least by 50% to make DK expansion more secure in the short term.

Unofficial Native Expansion Patch v0.608b6 released.

Patch 0.608b6 changes:
  • Skill balance: Tracking. Tracking skill now increases chances to catch a defeated enemy lord (2% per skill level).
  • Skill balance: Spotting. Spotting skill now increases chances to catch a defeated enemy lord (1% per skill level).
  • Skill balance: Pathfinding. Pathfinding skill now increases lord's chances to escape after defeat (1% per skill level). Does not do anything for player.
  • Skill balance: Ironflesh. Ironflesh skill now reduces incoming damage by 1 point per skill level.
  • Surrender option returns. Fixed surrender logic for outnumbered enemy defenders as with increased troop levels in Native Expansion old force calculations resulted in never surrendering enemies. Now behavior of outnumbered garrisons is much more reasonable.
  • Alternative deathcam. Implemented an alternative version of deathcam with freestyle mouse rotation. Feedback wanted.
  • Arwa the Strip-Tease fix. After one of previous patches, pretender Arwa lost her body armor when player is visiting the castle she's in. Fixed that.
  • Character and Companions report. Added Hero and Companions Report, integrating Character Report and Companions Mission Report.
  • Dark Knights fixes. Fixed renown for dark knights. Existing saves will be updated automatically.
  • Dark Knights fixes. Dark Knights will never betray their Dark Lady, nor will their Lady indict them for whatever reason.
  • Dark Knights fixes. Dark Lady is now much more decisive and won't waste weeks to decide who gets what village. Any centers Dark Knights capture will be distributed within days, and sometimes hours, after capture. They should also become much more aggressive and more prone to go on the offensive.
  • Dark Knights fixes. Dark Knights should no longer waste their time on random feasts when there are lands to conquer.
  • Dark Knights fixes. Player can no longer make peace with Dark Knights. Maybe a possibility to join the DKs will be re-introduced in the future, but for now DKs will remain the Threat of All Existence. Players beware.

Check starting post for download links.

This post will contain status for future 0.608b7 unofficial patch.

Implemented already:
  • Added a dialog option with lords to ask about location of all other lords in the kingdom.
  • Expanded Relations report screen to include last known location of all known lords.
  • Bugfix: fixed Companions Overseer bug when ctrl-clicking "Retrieve" button.
  • Added Ransom Broker dialog option to sell all prisoners at once, at 10% discount.
  • Implemented Caba'drin's fix to allow player movement (within certain range) while raiding villages or besieging castles. Removed siege menu options to access party and equipment as player now can do pretty much anything for as long as he doesn't stray too far from the besieged center.
  • Added a dialog option to ask lords about their attributes and skills, when relation and/or persuasion are high enough.
  • Implemented more variable nobility titles, lords now get their title depending on their status (faction ruler or the best fief they hold). Had to rename a couple of kingdoms to prevent inconsistencies. Player faction gets it's own set of titles - Byzantium-based for now, but there are plans to allow player to pick any available set (including native kingdoms and several custom ones).
  • Bugfix: NE's town/castle menu option "give troops to garrison" was appearing even when there was vanilla "manage the garrison" option present.
  • Implemented a major enhancement of game map icons - almost all mobile parties now have unique party icons. Lords get their icon according to their faction and status (regular lord, marshall and king). Player's own visual representation on the map also received a buff. No special icons for lords of player's own kingdom and dark knights (may come in the future though). Change is savegame-compatible, but for an existing game all parties will get new icons gradually instead of instant replacement. Credits for new graphics go to Dedal, Slawomir of Aargh, Somebody and yours truly. :smile:
  • Bugfix (?): liege's gift to player if player's relation with the king is high enough was repeating for some reason. Have no idea why, everything should work perfectly, but just in case I've implemented stricter restrictions. Please report if in your game you receive king's gift more than once.
  • Added Companions Overseer to Reports menu for easier access (can still be accessed by pressing "O" on the global map).

Reported bugs:
  • Refusal to deliver a letter from lady to lord supposedly results in bugged dialog.
  • Indictment Spiral from the beginning of the game. While it does happen sometimes, after several playthroughs it doesn't seem as prevalent as I've been led to believe.
  • Confirmed: Manhunters troop tree is full of low-level clones.
  • Mamluke and Cataphract loadouts are supposedly switched.
  • Reported issues with Tihr - defenders are bugged and city can be taken easily. Could not reproduce.
  • Confirmed: When encountering allied lord who's raiding a village, villagers are "joining the battle on your side".
Planned/possible/considered modifications:
  • In the plans: Option to enable castle/town automatic recruitment when controlled by player.
  • In the plans: Option to switch between Overseer and vanilla interface when looting.
  • In the plans: Option to select noble titles set for player's kingdom.
  • In the plans: Proper Module Settings screen instead of switching options in game menus.
  • In the plans: Balance new heraldic items.
  • In the plans: Increase Dark Knights reinforcements to make them last longer.
  • In the plans: Implement Courtship report in Game Notes.
  • In the plans: Implement Budget report in Game Notes.
  • In progress: Implement Fiefs report in Game Notes.
  • Enhance interaction with map parties (more dialog options). Continuous task.
Planned/possible/considered features (possibly savegame-incompatible):
  • Quest line for player to join Dark Knights or spy against them.
  • Allow player to create his own patrols when he's just a lord.
  • Add a few more Dark Knights lords to allow them to cover a bigger territory.
  • Implement factional bandit trees (similar to what has been planned by mod developers before the mod was abandoned.)

As soon as my internet renews in about a week I'll be ready to test out your fixes. Really looking forward to it!

Attention!

Due to a compiler bug savegame compatibility in the latest 0.608b6 Unofficial Patch was broken.

A fixed version will be uploaded shortly.

Problem fixed.

Apparently Taleworlds' module system compiler has a nice feature which is totally undocumented but can break savegame compatibility if not used properly. :smile:

Hopefully your savegames are intact, but if you downloaded the faulty 0.608b6 and saved your game with it active, they're unfortunately beyond saving.

Thanks alot for your hard work Lav

One question:  Which version of Warband i should use with this mod?
1.134 or 1.153?

Best regards  :grin:

Unofficial Native Expansion Patch v0.608b7 released.

Patch 0.608b7 changes:
  • Expanding dialogs arc. Added a dialog option with lords to ask about location of all other lords in the kingdom.
  • Enhancing reports arc. Expanded Relations report screen to include last known location of all known lords.
  • Bugfix - lost loot. Fixed Companions Overseer bug when ctrl-clicking "Retrieve" button. Now correctly loads player's inventory with the best stuff from both player's inventory and loot (freeze your inventory slots with right mouse button that you do not wish to be included in this behavior).
  • Expanding dialogs arc. Added Ransom Broker dialog option to sell all prisoners at once, at 10% discount.
  • Better sieges and raids. Implemented Caba'drin's fix to allow player movement (within certain range) while raiding villages or besieging castles. Removed siege menu options to access party and equipment as player now can do pretty much anything for as long as he doesn't stray too far from the besieged center.
  • Expanding dialogs arc. Added a dialog option to ask lords about their attributes and skills, when relation and/or persuasion are high enough.
  • Better noble titles. Implemented more variable nobility titles, lords now get their title depending on their status (faction ruler or the best fief they hold). Had to rename a couple of kingdoms to prevent inconsistencies. Player faction gets it's own set of titles - Byzantium-based for now, but there are plans to allow player to pick any available set (including native kingdoms and several custom ones).
  • Bugfix - duplicate functionality. NE's town/castle menu option "give troops to garrison" was appearing even when there was vanilla "manage the garrison" option present.
  • Enhanced map icons. Implemented a major enhancement of game map icons - almost all mobile parties now have unique party icons. Lords get their icon according to their faction and status (regular lord, marshall and king). Player's own visual representation on the map also received a buff. No special icons for lords of player's own kingdom and dark knights (may come in the future though). Change is savegame-compatible, but for an existing game all parties will get new icons gradually instead of instant replacement. Credits for new graphics go to Dedal, Slawomir of Aargh, Somebody and yours truly. :smile:
  • Bugfix - repeated gifts (hopefully). Liege's gift to player if player's relation with the king is high enough was repeating for some reason. Have no idea why, everything should work perfectly, but just in case I've implemented stricter restrictions. Please report if in your game you receive king's gift more than once.
  • Enhancing reports arc. Added Companions Overseer to Reports menu for easier access (can still be accessed by pressing "O" on the global map).
Check starting post for download links. It is recommended to backup your savegames before applying the patch, just in case. I've specifically tested it for savegame-compatibility before publishing to avoid the situation like with 0.608b6, but you can never be too careful. :smile:

This post will contain status for future 0.608b8 unofficial patch.

Implemented already:
  • Bugfix: when asked to tell about location of all lords, they will no longer tell about themselves.
  • Bugfix: fixed an "error spam" bug in noble title assignment script (code was not checking properly for noble's party to exist before changing it's name according to new noble title). Everything works correctly even with the bug, it's just some actions fail with visible errors instead of being checked for in advance and not performed at all. Not even sure if the normal gameplay will have the bug as I've discovered it when testing stuff in cheat mode.
  • Implemented Fiefs Status report. Apparently Warband has a restriction on text size for Notes pages though, so my original plans for the Fiefs Report will have to be split into three distinct reports: Fiefs Status (lists all fiefs with their prosperity/relation info and available buildings), Construction (current construction projects) and Military Alerts (raids, sieges, assaults and spotted enemies). All three reports will only be available if player is at least a lord. Being a king allows player to see the status of all centers in his kingdom, even those owned by his vassals.
  • Bugfix: finally removed "Give troops to garrison here" option where it isn't necessary.
  • Bugfix: when trying to recruit nobles in town but not having enough money, player was thrown into village menu.
  • Enabled Warband advanced formations (telling soldiers to form several lines, ordering to fire on player's command only, ordering left flank/right flank/center to fire, telling troops explicitly to use ranged or melee weapons).
  • Bugfix: removed double clicking sound when clicking most buttons in Companions Overseer.
  • Implemented Construction Report in the Notes/Reports screen.
  • Implemented Military Alerts report in the Notes/Reports screen.
  • Removed the court/capital duplicating each other. Player's kingdom capital is now where his court is.
  • Moving player's court menu option is now available through Manage this town/castle menu.
  • Removed "Manage your kingdom" menu entirely.
  • Moved advisor recruitment to minister dialog. Note that you need a proper minister to hire advisors.

Reported bugs:
  • Refusal to deliver a letter from lady to lord supposedly results in bugged dialog.
  • Indictment Spiral from the beginning of the game. While it does happen sometimes, after several playthroughs it doesn't seem as prevalent as I've been led to believe.
  • Confirmed: Manhunters troop tree is full of low-level clones.
  • Mamluke and Cataphract loadouts are supposedly switched.
  • Reported issues with Tihr - defenders are bugged and city can be taken easily. Could not reproduce.
  • Confirmed: When encountering allied lord who's raiding a village, villagers are "joining the battle on your side".
  • Royal quest to deal with rebellious elites doesn't seem to appear in the rotation. Not a bug.
  • Reported issues when player as king is trying to rescue lords from other kingdoms from imprisonment.
Continuous enhancement arcs:
  • Cultural Arc. Continue to emphasize cultural differences between game factions - with clothing, graphics, text et cetera, for as long as it doesn't create extra strain on processor.
  • Performance Arc. Improving performance and reducing hardware requirements is always a plus.
  • Expanding Dialogs Arc. Interaction with other characters and parties in the game frankly feels a bit bland. Giving the player more options in dialog and more ways to achieve his goals is a must.
  • Usability Arc. Another must-have that must be worked on continuously.
  • Integration Arc. Native Expansion has a major design problem: it inherits kingdom management features from original Mount&Blade's Native Expansion and Warband's Native module, and these two sets of features are different. There's "moving your court" from Warband Native and there's "set this town as capital" from M&B NE which mean essentially the same thing but are different. There's the minister from Warband and advisors from NE and this time, their purposes are similar but implementation is vastly different and sometimes conflicting. Ideally, some amalgam of both features should work better than the current situation.
  • Gameplay Arc. NE's motto was always "more better stuff", this applies to gameplay features as well and I'm not going to allow anyone to think I'm deviating from this noble purpose. :smile:
Planned/possible/considered modifications:
  • Planned: Proper Module Settings screen instead of switching options in game menus.
  • Planned: Option to enable castle/town automatic recruitment when controlled by player (requires Settings screen).
  • Planned: Option to switch between Overseer and vanilla interface when looting (requires Settings screen).
  • Planned: Option to select noble titles set for player's kingdom (requires Settings screen).
  • Planned: Balance new heraldic items.
  • Planned: Increase Dark Knights reinforcements to make them last longer.
  • Planned: Change horse and general merchant inventory regeneration along the same lines as weapons and armor merchants work.
  • Planned: Bring battle tactical interface up to speed to support new advanced formations.
  • Minister dialog option to rename your kingdom.
Planned/possible/considered features (possibly savegame-incompatible):
  • Quest line for player to join Dark Knights or spy against them.
  • Allow player to create his own patrols when he's just a lord.
  • Add a few more Dark Knights lords to allow them to cover a bigger territory.
  • Implement factional bandit trees (similar to what has been planned by mod developers before the mod was abandoned.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom