Where in the files can you make the female player character stop screaming?

Users who are viewing this thread

Miudmon

Recruit
So i made a female character to "roleplay" of sorts as the lady valkyries. and i am immedially getting really annoyed at the character screaming extremely high-pictched with almost every slash and getting hit. To me it sounds way too loud too compared to the ohter sounds of the game

NOTE: Might be like that in native too, never really made a female in native before. So sorry if its like that there too and i'm just being stupid.

anyway, thanks for any help i can get.

The simplest way is to just replace the woman voices with silent .ogg files (at the very least you can use any of the throw_stone sounds for that purpose) named exactly the same as the responsible sounds, but it silences all female troops. Then again, any other solution involves editing the sounds and/or meddling with the occult tampering with its txt files.

PS. Something like the one in your inbox now.  :wink:

PPS. Struck it through; doesn't work for now.

I'm not sure if this will work for pendor, but I use it for crpg.

http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/more-metal-sounds-compatibility/

Replaces sounds in general, and the fixes people have applied removes the screaming women.

Dusk Voyager said:
That would probably get you nice error messages (no crash, but red texts a few times the number of your conscious female troops on the battlefield at the end).

Nope.
Deleted ~480 files and never got an error message. Know a couple guys with the same results so I'm not a special snowflake either.

Back
Top Bottom