Is this bad or a false positive? mb_warband.exe

Users who are viewing this thread

Keyes

Recruit
My brother started up mount and blade war band napleonic wars - and played multi player and joined a server, and all of a sudden malwarebytes starts blocking outbound connections to 176.53.17.226, on ports 49287, 63932, 65135, 57512, and 60600.

Is my pc in danger? Or is it a false psotive? Please help. It showed mountblade warband_/mb_warband.exe being blocked

Alene said:
That IP seems to be related to the Peristent World mod.
It first happened on a bot server,  and it also comes up on the 33rd nw server. Am I safe or is it truely malicious? I havent really heard of that mod.

Jacques Cartier said:
Keyes said:
Jacques Cartier said:
Do you have a pirated version?
No, I bought it from Steam during the sale.  Malwarebytes team have unblocked it now I believe.

Yeah some weird bugs happened with the CD Keys during that time, you really shouldn't be under a threat.
I dont know if it had anything to do with cd keys. It may have been a server in the server list, that when my client was refreshing/pinging for servers, mbam detected the outbound connection to the flagged IP.

I had this happen for some steam/source games, when I didnt even join  a server. E.g, if I viewed my counter strike source server history, servers I played years ago came up and mbam flagged blocked them as the browser refreshed the list. When I switched it to show lan games, I stopped since thee were no lan games to ping. Now those IPs blocked on counter strike were actually part of a malicious IP range (the IP was related general server hosting, not just game servers, so its likely a malicious site on the ip range, and since its flagged by mbam, it seems even game servers being pinged sets off an alarm.).

Im by no means a networking expert,  but thats what ive gathered

Back
Top Bottom