editing font_data.xml

Users who are viewing this thread

Janycz

Knight at Arms
Hello everyone!
I have a need to add to an existing font some characters, that I've drawn in font.dds.
I'm trying to understand the definition of character in font_data.xml.
Code:
<character code="33" page="0" u="1006" v="4" w="1027" h="76" preshift="1" yadjust="82" postshift="23" />
But I only realized that means u and v - the upper right corner, and (w, h) - the lower left corner. Right?
But I do not understand what it means preshift, yadjust and postshift.
Can you explain it to me, that means preshift, yadjust and postshift? Advance thanks!

AFAIK it's as follows:

1. Normally, a character will have preshift = 0 and postshift equal to width of character.
2. If you want to have a little more space to the left of the character, increase preshift. Or decrease if you want previous character in the string to overflow on it.
3. yadjust affects vertical alignment of the character in the line. For as long as your characters are aligned vertically on the texture and have identical v/h parameters, they should have identical yadjust as well.

Lav said:
AFAIK it's as follows:

1. Normally, a character will have preshift = 0 and postshift equal to width of character.
2. If you want to have a little more space to the left of the character, increase preshift. Or decrease if you want previous character in the string to overflow on it.
3. yadjust affects vertical alignment of the character in the line. For as long as your characters are aligned vertically on the texture and have identical v/h parameters, they should have identical yadjust as well.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom