Hired Mercenary Company won't leave my side!

Users who are viewing this thread

NiftyNinjaa

Recruit
This may sound like a simple thing to solve, but what I have is completely different.

So I started my own kingdom, and to help in it's defense I hired a company of Mercenaries (the Unicorn Knights). After a while, I decided that I wanted to join the Empire as a vassal. I sent a messenger to Marius Imperator, offered my sword for vassalage, and became a subject of the Empire. Now this is where I have my problem.

The mercenaries I hired earlier WILL NOT DISBAND. They are still sitting in my keep doing nothing but sucking in over 12000 denars a week! I have tried to talk to him, but all the leader says is, "Goodbye for now." Is there anyway, either within the game or through the game files, that I can remove the mercenaries?

I can't, sadly. They remain in my castle, and I can't do anything with them. The only plausible way I can think of removing them is be having my castle be conquered, and then reconquer it. But I really want to avoid having to do that.

Are they garrisoned?  The one time I hired a merc company they garrisoned in my castle, and I just removed them into my army then went and stuffed them in someone elses army.  That was one that didn't have a leader though

Unfortunately, no. The mercenaries don't show up in my garrison management page. Their faction colour is the Pendor Blue, while my faction colour is Empire Yellow.

Not a real solution but you could just activate cheat mode and give yourself enough cash each week to counter the bug until a solution presents itself.

NiftyNinjaa said:
I can't, sadly. They remain in my castle, and I can't do anything with them. The only plausible way I can think of removing them is be having my castle be conquered, and then reconquer it. But I really want to avoid having to do that.

Only way I would know how to fix this.  :sad:

They watched too much MLP and now think your gold is Magic.  I mean, who wouldn't want a entire Knight Order of manly warriors dedicated to MLP? You should think yourself fortunate!

Renounce your oath and become independent again.
Then you can order to disband them as they´re still Pendor and attached to your kingdom.

One of the nasty surprises MV has for laggards. You´re clearly punished for that oversight, NiftyNinjae.

Epicrules said:
Ah, yes. When in doubt, "It's a feature."
The nuance is subtle, only experts can really spot the difference.
bug_vs_feature.gif

:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom