AI Custom Knight Order

Users who are viewing this thread

So, I have seem to notice that a number of randomly created knighthood orders exist in my game.  I hadn't realized the AI could create their own custom knighthood order, but I think it is kind of cool that it seems to be the case.  Do they need to upgrade their units or do they come out really strong?

Side note, a Glorious Lion Knight, that a CKHO unit?  Order of the Lion Knights seem to be a different unit, or did I just miss something there?

It is quite random :smile:

Sometimes the orders have Runed bastard swords and Noldor steeds,
other times they wield pitchforks and quarterstaffs.

I seem to remember reading that the names correlate to the equipment somehow.
Knights of the Yellow Eagle are for example likely to have yellow shields.

Gloriuous Lion Knights are a RKHO (Random Knighthood order, I just made that up, make it stick.)

In my games it seems like nobody ever wants to.  Usually one will get created in the first 30 days, and then never again.  Only once has a playthrough had 2 created.  I wish there was a way to get them to do it more often.

@AlphaOmega you could probably meddle with the occult to make them appear more often, however I wouldn't even know where to start with that.

Dark Castle Knight created by a Fierd lord.

Primary weapon: fist

Secondary weapon: javelins

Unimpressed  :roll:

mb3.jpg

mb2.jpg

ericmyrs said:
It is quite random :smile:

Sometimes the orders have Runed bastard swords and Noldor steeds,
other times they wield pitchforks and quarterstaffs.

I seem to remember reading that the names correlate to the equipment somehow.
Knights of the Yellow Eagle are for example likely to have yellow shields.

Gloriuous Lion Knights are a RKHO (Random Knighthood order, I just made that up, make it stick.)

Yep, we classified all viable items (shields, greaves, gauntlets, armours, weapons, horses, helmets) according to colour/looks (red, blue, yellow, silver, green, dark, glorious, steadfast, etc.) and theme (lion, eagle, castle, boar, dragon, sword, steed, etc.). When a lord founds an RKO the game chooses a random attribute and a random theme (e.g. Steadfast Lion, Blue Castle, Dark Dolphin) and then selects gear according to that classification so it fits the order's name.

raider969 said:
Dark Castle Knight created by a Fierd lord.

Primary weapon: fist

Secondary weapon: javelins

Unimpressed  :roll:

mb3.jpg

mb2.jpg
Those look exactly like the Yellow Eagles in my game. I never looked at their weapons.... I wonder if they only use fist and javelins too.

AlphaOmega said:
In my games it seems like nobody ever wants to.  Usually one will get created in the first 30 days, and then never again.  Only once has a playthrough had 2 created.  I wish there was a way to get them to do it more often.

I had the opposite experience in my game. Not a single order for the first 400-500 days, and then orders started popping up left and right. Its day 1000 now and there are I think 8 RKO and also several new chapter houses for existing orders like EG, Griffon and Radiant cross. It's a really nice touch, I love it.

It would be awesome if AI lords also upgraded their KO with better stats and equipment though.

Back
Top Bottom