The Human answer to the Noldor

Users who are viewing this thread

shoshuro

Sergeant Knight
The Pendor Supreme Rangers were established by Lady Morgana in order to provide an answer to the Noldor and their skilled archers.

Trained by a former Noldor Assassin & others, they managed to become as proficient as most of the Noldor troops and were equipped with armor/weapons that the human craftsmen had available.

The steward of Marleons provided the 5 upgrades needed to reach Noldor level proficiencies in archery.

aK5n7OM.jpg

gchtjtQ.jpg

QNwomTh.jpg

The Trainers*:

- Sir Jocelyn (provided the initial training till they get stats close to his)
- Sigismund Sinclair (38 STR, 10 Ironflesh, 10 Powerstrike)
- Lethaldiran (460 Archery/One handed, he trained them up to 450)
- Ediz (10 Powerdraw)
- Leslie (30 AGI, 10 Shield, 10 Riding, 10 Athletics)

* max skills of companions, the rangers did not get maxed out in all possible skills.

Equipment Choices:

- Runed Bastard Sword / Ancient Engraved Shield to duel enemies efficiently when forced to fight in melee combat.
- Melitine Arrows (42 ammo = take out/wound more targets)
- Heraldic Mail with Surcoat (light weight and archers with surcoats always look nice in the field)

Results:

In general suffered very few losses in battles vs Lords/spawns, since the sergeants were mounted and they soaked most of the damage. Although the Long Composite bow lacks the stats of the Noldor Bow, they took out enemies pretty confidently and also proved to be devastating in melee combat.

Challenging the Noldor:

Might try an assault at Elecrai, i have around 250 rangers stationed in total in 2 fiefs and can induct around 150 more. Also got some Ebony Gauntlets with 3 upgrades hanging around in another fief but anyway i am joking i am pretty sure i will get roflstomped :smile:

Engaging a big Noldor Patrol might be a more logical option, since in sieges defenders have the advantage always.

He wanted revenge :smile:

The patrol test was not that bad, the Noldor bow is kinda unmatched and made the difference. The battle took place in flat terrain with both armies being able to see each other upon spawning.

88 Pendor Supreme Rangers vs 88 Noldors (i was watching from far away)

1RSZO7u.jpg

Please post an update when you equipped them with Nolodr bow. Would like to know if they can match with Noldor :smile:

Soon said:
Please post an update when you equipped them with Nolodr bow. Would like to know if they can match with Noldor :smile:

Well for RP reasons they are equipped with weapons only human craftsmen can provide :smile:

They just got 10 PD from Ediz and also gave an order to equip them with a heraldic plate armor, once it is ready i ll do another test.

Nice stuff. Mostly nice work on training the companions.

Only one thing though, you need a bow that has 6 or more PD requirement to fully use 10 PD. So that last increase won't help much.

~ 1900 days

Could have finished the game way much earlier, just stalling it as much as i can to see if can get the CKO maxed out.

Regarding the PD i noticed it also while hovering over the skill explanation but having 10 looks nice :smile:

shoshuro said:
~ 1900 days

Could have finished the game way much earlier, just stalling it as much as i can to see if can get the CKO maxed out.

Yea that is the problem with the insanely long equipping times the Devs chose to implement. Basically, even if you are a complete noob, you will in no way ever be able to utilize high-end Knight equipment unless you stall a long time.

minimumdifficulty said:
5 years in Pendor?  I admire your dedication!  I usually get bored and steamroll the map once I am able to.
Exactly why they need to drastically lower the equipment times for this KO.

Maybe if I had coding skills lol.

I can see why the some devs (MV especially) and players are torn apart:

Players want to be able to, within a legit time, be able to equip/fund their order faster and use them within the confines of their own game.

Devs don't want the player becoming OP God-tier immediately and start blowing up the map with their OP CKHO, which is understandable, because they do reach that goal. Plus it basically destroys the concept of even going to use other existing made Knighthoods.

It's a small controversy debate. Plus I think DV thought I could change something, when I was actually interested in what was done to lower the build times, rather than actually implementing it. I'll discuss it more with him and the devs.

MitchyMatt said:
Plus I think DV thought I could change something, when I was actually interested in what was done to lower the build times, rather than actually implementing it. I'll discuss it more with him and the devs.
I think that qualifies enough.

Also, 'her'.

Devs don't want the player becoming OP God-tier immediately and start blowing up the map with their OP CKHO, which is understandable, because they do reach that goal. Plus it basically destroys the concept of even going to use other existing made Knighthoods.[/i

Problem is that with qualis gems you can have maxed stats hero, you really don't need your custom order to steam roll the map. Its just warband engine thing. Maybe some nerfing of surgery skill would help but even that you can auto calc all sieges and battles when you have group of friendly lords without any real loses which is much faster btw. In future maybe warband 2 will bring any of late game challenge or probably it will be the same =)

Dusk Voyager said:
MitchyMatt said:
Plus I think DV thought I could change something, when I was actually interested in what was done to lower the build times, rather than actually implementing it. I'll discuss it more with him and the devs.
I think that qualifies enough.

Also, 'her'.

My apologies. I type faster than I think and didn't think about how I put it! :p

The main thing that makes CKO/KO overpowered is that you can get them to godlike proficiencies. For example if you upgrade the Silvermists 5 times, despite having just a long bow they kill enemies as fast as the Noldor do.

Equipment as far as armor goes doesn't matter that much since your troops can still be 1 shot by enemies (couched lances, spears, etc).

Lets take for example the Seer Favorites, they have Noldor bows but they don't really do much in battles due to their 225 proficiencies in archery.

So overall i think equipment times for CKO should be reduced so players can see their troops in nice armor/stuff and for counter balance make training a bit harder.

burnbaby said:
Devs don't want the player becoming OP God-tier immediately and start blowing up the map with their OP CKHO, which is understandable, because they do reach that goal. Plus it basically destroys the concept of even going to use other existing made Knighthoods.[/i

Problem is that with qualis gems you can have maxed stats hero, you really don't need your custom order to steam roll the map. Its just warband engine thing. Maybe some nerfing of surgery skill would help but even that you can auto calc all sieges and battles when you have group of friendly lords without any real loses which is much faster btw. In future maybe warband 2 will bring any of late game challenge or probably it will be the same =)

On hardest difficulty, by the time I get my 2nd qualis gem(just after day 200), I already own 1/4 the map. By the time these slow knights have any gear and skills to make them even a little worthwhile, I own 75% or all of the map. Gee where is the point in even bothering with them unless you are doing RP stuff. BY THE TIME THEY ARE WORTH ANYTHING YOU PRETTY MUCH ALREADY WON BY USING EXISTING OP KNIGHTHOOD ORDERS.

Sorry for caps but y'all missin da point.

@Arcon

I don't understand YOUR point...you're already steam-rolling Pendor with 200 days ---> meaning you're rushing all conquests.

If you want the CKO to be useful faster...then you'd probably steam-roll Pendor in 100 days. ---> What's the point?

Do you want to conquer all of Pendor as fast as possible? Then there's a lot of features in this mod you don't need anyway.

You can always skip side quests and just finish the main quest as fast as possible - This is a general concept in a load of games...Mass Effect, Dragon Age,...
But who does that? It's not fun.

If you think of PoP like Call of Duty or God of War...then you just have the wrong expectations. It will also lose a lot of replay value (single player).
Even native Warband is a sandbox game...never meant to be just rushed to the finish.

Back
Top Bottom