[WB][S] Matriarchy

Users who are viewing this thread

Thordalf

Recruit
Hello everybody!

I made a small mod for Warband v1.158 for myself to allow an all-female kingdom. It lets you recruit women in the towns and introduces a new troop tree for them.
This mod includes the great Diplomacy mod (version 4.3) http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116424.0.html.

New menu option in recruiting screen:
UAjvnHU.jpg

Recruited woman troop tree:
5yxS9UX.jpg

Be warned: The last troops of this tree are overpowered! I like it that way, but if there is interest in a non-OP version, please let me know.

Also I really appreciate any suggestions how to expand this mod.

Current features:
  • Recruit women in villages via the recruit volunteers menu option
    • male and female troops are independent. If you recruit only one, the other is still available to recruit.
  • Independent troop tree for recruited women with mounted, ranged and infantry specializations
  • choose between female and male counselors (those introduced by Diplomacy)
  • a sixth Diplomacy kingdom policy "matriarchy<->partriarchy" which controls how many women compared to men you and lords and ladies can recruit in villages
    • the existing kingdoms start very to complete patriarchic. So it is very hard to recruit the female troops without a kingdom of ones own
  • the lords and ladies recruit women when available (not tested)

Planned features:
  • the social policy influences the morale of troops of the oppressed sex
  • one or two female lords in the existing factions
  • replace the village elders and guild masters with women in a matriarchy
  • the option to promote local women with lots of influence to lords (knighting) (only available in egalitarian or matriarchic societies)
  • separate female troop trees for each faction
With most of these I have no idea how to implement them. This is for now only a list of things I would like to have.

Known bugs:

Changelog:
Code:
v0.3
+ added female Diplomacy counselors and the menu options to choose them over the male
+ added a sixth Diplomacy kingdom policy "matriarchy<->partriarchy" which controls how many women compared to men you and lords and ladies can recruit in villages
~ moved the option to recruit female troops in the recruit volunteers menu point

v0.2:
~ separated the female troop tree from the sword sisters

v0.1:
+ added separate menu option in village screen for recruiting peasant women
+ added an archery and infantry branch to the sword sister troop tree

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xt58kcu44heviv/Matriarchy.zip
Download source: https://www.dropbox.com/s/arvsxtpcj1bep31/Matriarchy_src.zip

Neat  :grin:.

Will be a handy addition if i decided to create a 'Naked Amazonian' faction in Morgh's Editor or what not :wink:.

Im starting to remember again the great time i had with Blood and Steel. Ahhh, the memories  :grin:.

Great! This is like the basic version of Melsperisno :smile:

So this has Diplomacy 4.3 in it? cos you did not specify the version ...
And your mod files is based on warband 1.158? Some mods use earlier versions, so it will be useful to know.

Ah yes, it uses Diplomacy 4.3 and Warband version 1.158. Gonna add this to the main post, thanks for the reminder.

The basic concept is pretty good and has been done in various degrees in other mods, I really liked the female content of The Wedding dance for the original M&B it wasn't an all female mod but they were the best thing in it, you should maybe try to expand the armours so you have specific amazonian looking female stuff otherwise the top end of the troop tree is just going to look like the vanilla game with female heads.

weddingdance08-1.jpg~original

weddingdance30-1.jpg~original

I actually like the fact that the armors are the same. As pointed out by historians and blacksmiths working on armors today, the infamous bikini mail was never a thing (especially in battle) until videogames. It offers almost zero protection and can actually be a danger to the wearer.
Female warriors would have worn pretty much the same armor as men. There is usually so much padding under heavy plate armor that the breasts don't make any difference anyway.

Well, it's just a suggestion I know these things didn't exist but neither did all female kingdoms, it's fantasy, I thought that was the whole point, I don't know how you're gong to expand on a mod called "Matriarchy" without putting female specific stuff in it other than take the female emphasis out of it.

I would like to request the female Recruit / Villager be a new troop, so we do not need to modify the existing Sword Sister tree and still get our own customized faction troop tree. Like me I would like to see the Sword Sisters remain the same while still having the option to get my own troops :smile:

nads said:
Well, it's just a suggestion I know these things didn't exist but neither did all female kingdoms, it's fantasy, I thought that was the whole point, I don't know how you're gong to expand on a mod called "Matriarchy" without putting female specific stuff in it other than take the female emphasis out of it.
Ok, that is true, it is fantasy. But Mount&Blade is pretty low fantasy, I would say as low as it can get. So I wanted to retain that. The only thing I wanted to do is make it possible to build a kingdom where woman are the warriors and rulers, for a change. That said I need to make an option to replace the current guys (constable etc.) from Diplomacy with women...
But if you want you are welcome to modify this mod and add the things you want. I'll add a download link for the source to the first post.

Also I want to add that I was really concerned whether matriarchy was the right name for this mod but ultimately I did not come up with a better idea.

Finch said:
I would like to request the female Recruit / Villager be a new troop, so we do not need to modify the existing Sword Sister tree and still get our own customized faction troop tree. Like me I would like to see the Sword Sisters remain the same while still having the option to get my own troops :smile:
Hmm, I see what you mean, but I can't think of why you would want to do this. Can you give me an idea of the troop tree you had in mind?

I would like the Peasant Woman we are recruiting in Villages be of a different ID. This will allow people like me who can use for example Morgh's editor to edit our own troop line. We still have native Sword Sisters, Hunteress, etc running around. This honestly is asking for your help in giving us a simple mod where we can edit for our troop tree :smile: I got no idea how to use the module system, I am not trying to steal ay idea, just want to have my own all female faction troops. I hope you will agree to help.

yeah, sure, I can do this. That is probably not a bad idea. Give me an hour to come up with tier names and I'll report back here.

Thanks! I will stay up all night to wait for your good news :smile:

Suggestion of names:
Volunteer (Infantry) -> Follower (Infantry) -> Tracker (Archer) -> Scout (Cavalry) -> War Maiden (Cavalry) -> Valkyrie (Cavalry)

Tracker (Archer) -> Militia (Infantry) -> Shieldmaiden (Infantry) -> Sentinel (Infantry)

Militia (Infantry) -> Bow Sister (Archer) -> Ranger (Archer)

Hope that is still understandable :smile:

Ok, it's done. The women you recruit at towns are now called "Recruit Woman", upgrading to "Footwoman" which upgrade to "Archeress" and "Warrior Woman" from then it is as it was before.
The download link should be the same. Tomorrow I am going to extend Diplomacy with female counsellors and update the troop tree.

I downloaded the revised version. Your original troop tree including the Recruit had 11 tiers. The revised tree has only 10 tiers (Recruit, Footwoman, Archeress, Sister of the Bow, etc.). I can add an infantry tier to it to make it back to 11. I look forward to you expanding and converting our councilors to ladies as well. Will download again tomorrow :smile:

I removed the camp follower tier deliberately to match the other troop trees (such as the vaegir and swadian). Also I didn't have to come up with another name :wink:

ok, that takes longer than I anticipated. I probably won't get the councilors ladies to work today. There is a whole lot of stuff I need to change in Diplomacy to make this work.
So that will now be the first item on the planned features list.

PS: Damn, I should have waited for your name suggestions, I like them better then the current ones. So in the next release I will rename some of them ... again :wink:

Thank you for releasing the source files. As yours is a small mod, I will be more brave to take a peek into how to use the module system :smile:

I am surprised you will be adding in feature to allow our AI lords to recruit player custom troops. From what I read on the modding boards, this is something not many mods have implemented. Will look forward to that.

May I suggest having one or two female AI lords? There are female troops, female arena AI combatants, lady companions, etc. How about a couple lady AI lords?
A more ambitious suggestion could be to have the female AI lord have sons female player avatars can pursue .... :smile:

Finch said:
Thank you for releasing the source files. As yours is a small mod, I will be more brave to take a peek into how to use the module system :smile:

Your welcome. The thing is that this is the source of the Diplomacy mod with only a few additions, so it is modded quite extensively.
But do not fear to just try and plunge in. If you have some coding experience you will eventually understand it. I neither had any experience with the module system nor python itself and was able to navigate fairly quickly. I have only extended knowledge in c++ (and a little bit java).
If you don't have any coding experience do not fear, it is really not that hard. A good starting point is codeacademy.com.

Finch said:
I am surprised you will be adding in feature to allow our AI lords to recruit player custom troops. From what I read on the modding boards, this is something not many mods have implemented. Will look forward to that.
I read this post and it seemed not that hard. The problem will more likely be that my troops are not recruited as the standard group but through another menu point.
That said all the planned features are things I would like to do but I have no idea whether or how I will get them to work.

Finch said:
May I suggest having one or two female AI lords? There are female troops, female arena AI combatants, lady companions, etc. How about a couple lady AI lords?
A more ambitious suggestion could be to have the female AI lord have sons female player avatars can pursue .... :smile:
wow, that could be hard, but also a cool addition. I will look into that

@Thordalf
I wanted to stop by and say I am still watching the development of your mini mod. For the past few days, I had edited the custom troops and am now re-enjoying native. I did not play Native like for a long time, nowadays people usually play the big mods with huge graphic packs. To see here a small mod based off my favorite mod, Diplomacy (I wish Diplomacy will be updated :sad: ) is refreshing :smile:

@Finch: Thanks so much for your reply.
Unfortunately I don't have much time for this at the moment as university and other life stuff demands a very big chunk of it. I hope to get back to this mod in a week or two, but don't expect anything before that. Sorry.

Could you upload and comment on the changes you have done to the custom troops? I am very interested in what you have done to enjoy this even more :wink:.

Back
Top Bottom